NEXT GAME: PNG (12-1) vs Huntsville Hornets (8-5)

100+ Posts
It appeared to me that Lake Creek played them with a backup QB. Randall scored 13 this time around but the first time they played, Randle blew them out 35-6
Don't sell them short. And imo we made the LC QB look better than he was.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
The reason I believe Bally will televise is the way they were talking about us during the AH Pieper game

“And speaking of… “ they talked about us and SOC
That’s what gave me the initial impression we were probably going to NRG
I think they want to televise both us and SOC on back to back days or at least us only
And NRG gives them the best Media hookups
Then when there was a delay I thought oh they want to line everything up
I also suspect coach asked them to wait to announce it so he could tell the players in person they were at NRG
(Just a hunch I could be wrong about that)
But that’s how my brain thinks lol

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
The reason I believe Bally will televise is the way they were talking about us during the AH Pieper game

“And speaking of… “ they talked about us and SOC
That’s what gave me the initial impression we were probably going to NRG
I think they want to televise both us and SOC on back to back days or at least us only
And NRG gives them the best Media hookups
Then when there was a delay I thought oh they want to line everything up
I also suspect coach asked them to wait to announce it so he could tell the players in person they were at NRG
(Just a hunch I could be wrong about that)
But that’s how my brain thinks lol

NRG is definitely great for us, especially if we pack the place the way I think we will. However, since I will be unable to attend I hope NDN press will be able to broadcast.

100+ Posts
Huntsville has been selling tickets on Ticketmaster since yesterday evening. So, I guess they are already ahead of us.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
You can also watch the game on YT...

The announcers are entertaining fer sure and the video quality is top notch.

As long as Bally does not televise, in which case all other broadcasts would be banned. I also watched a few of the huntsville youtube broadcasts, and the quality is outstanding. Although the announcers clearly pull for Huntsville, the are very balanced in their presentation and also give credit to the other team when appropriate.

CS

100+ Posts
As long as Bally does not televise, in which case all other broadcasts would be banned. I also watched a few of the huntsville youtube broadcasts, and the quality is outstanding. Although the announcers clearly pull for Huntsville, the are very balanced in their presentation and also give credit to the other team when appropriate.
It's another Moak and Moak attorneys at law FIRST DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Texas City scored 7 against Huntsville, LBJ 28, and Randle just 13, so Huntsville has a defense to write home about for sure. It appears that they played Lake Creek a close game. This could be another close game, but I'm hoping that we can take it to them.
WRT Lake Creek, they played a dirty game, similar to the LBJ game last season, and even my wife was seeing things going on. I'm surprised they didn't draw more flags, especially in the 4th qtr.

Based on viewing several youtube videos of their games, my opinion is that their defense is indeed for real, possibly rivaling our own (with one caveat that I will discuss below). However, I was not very impressed by their offense, which does not seem to be in the same league as ours. For example, their offense only scored 6 points against MLC, and that TD was set up by an INT that set them up at the MLC 20 yard line (PAT was missed). The other 14 points scored by Huntsville were scored by their defense and special teams (93 yard scoop and score and blocked punt returned for TD). Moreover, all 20 of their points were scored during approximately the last 4 minutes of the 2nd quarter and first 2 minutes of the 3rd quarter. This does point out that in addition to having a very good defense and special teams unit, they are very opportunistic and good at capitalizing on opponent’s mistakes. We will need to be even more careful than usual to avoid such mistakes, including during punts. Although their defense seems outstanding overall, one possible area of weakness that was both witnessed by me and pointed out by the Huntsville announcers concerns the fact that they have at times “struggled” to defend runs up the middle. These types of runs are a major strength for our offense, so this should favor our offensive success if we can execute these types of plays well during the game. Huntsville seems much better at defending outside runs due to their good speed and ball pursuit. They also seem great at defending quick swing passes to the sidelines for the same reason. With the right game plan (which I trust the coaches to devise) I feel very confident about this game provided we can avoid any turnovers and play relatively error free overall.

Last edited:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores