Official Game Thread: PN-G vs. Manvel Mavericks

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
akifan94 said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
Why do you say that?

Manvel was the dirtiest, mouthiest team we have played in a long time. I am not sure if you are serious but the personal fouls that were called speak for themselves.

Very sad they have to play like that. They have a good team with alot of talent, but they ran there mouths all game long. There coach was just as bad. I just looked at the box score and they had 16 pentalties for over 160 yards.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
They had some outstanding athletes, and a well coached team, but they WERE the dirtiest playing team I've seen in yrs. Cheap shot after cheap shot. All the way down to the last plays, when they were still trying to score more, when they could take a knee.

GO LA MARQUE!

ndnwarrior

PNG Proud said:
They had some outstanding athletes, and a well coached team, but they WERE the dirtiest playing team I've seen in yrs. Cheap shot after cheap shot. All the way down to the last plays, when they were still trying to score more, when they could take a knee.

GO LA MARQUE!

Agree

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
akifan94 said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
Why do you say that?

Manvel was the dirtiest, mouthiest team we have played in a long time. I am not sure if you are serious but the personal fouls that were called speak for themselves.

I was not at the game and did not pick up that impression through the broadcast, hence the question. I know that that were a few shots to head penalties but was not aware of the jawing. I also didn't listen through the end of the game.

hookem14

100+ Posts
Manvel was a better team. There is absolutely no shame in
losing to a better team. When you play a team with the athletes they had you have to get a lot of good breaks go your way, unfortunately that did not happen for us tonight. Good luck next year !!!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
hookem14 said:
Manvel was a better team. There is absolutely no shame in
losing to a better team. When you play a team with the athletes they had you have to get a lot of good breaks go your way, unfortunately that did not happen for us tonight. Good luck next year !!!

Agreed. The better team won tonight ... keep your heads held high Indians. Great season comes to an end. We started slow, witnessed our coaches do their best work during mid-season until Week 13 finding the right combinations, and we saw some outstanding young men play 13 games getting better from week to week and stacking up some Ws. It was not meant to be tonight. The Mavs grabbed momentum with that onside kick and they really never looked back. The Indians never quit, they fought back, battled, competed, and played as well as they could. You can't ask more of high school student athletes. Great job Seniors. For the Jrs, Sophs, and Frosh, let's get to work in the offseason and build on the successes of 2009 and 2010. To the PN-G coaching staff, take some time off and decompress. Hug your families, celebrate the holidays with your kids and loved ones, recharge your batteries, and come back strong in the 2011 offseason. Hopefully, all of the coaches will come back and propel the 2011 Indians to another great season. I enjoyed the game at Stallworth ... good showing by the Indian fans. Good luck to the Mavs...they're big, fast, and talented. I love teams that get the ball in open space and get up and down the field ala the PN-G Indians and the Mavs. Thanks for a great season Indians.

Go Indians. Peace.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
Their fans chant Hoka Hey...Google it...I did :huh:!

I have a PNG alumni friend that was at the game. She now lives in Manvel school district. I asked her what the flags spelled out and meant. She said it is their "battle cry" it is a Indians word (I think she said Sioux word) that meant, "A good day to die" :huh: I told her, "Are you kidding me?" That is not nice for any school to have as a battle cry. :crazy:

Taken from the Urban Dictionary: Hoka Hey was something the legendary Sioux warrior Crazy Horse was shouting while going to war. "Hokay hey" can be interpreted as "It is a good time to die!" or "This is a good day to die."

shovelhead

100+ Posts
I had heard of the Hoka Hey motorcycle race, but knew nothing of its meaning until now. I guess that it is no more barbaric than "Scalp 'em Indians!" As the last couple of posters said, we just ran into a better team. We couldn't adjust to their speed. Manvel played better team ball than anyone we have faced. Good game by the Indians though. They left it all on the field last night. I am proud of our Indians and every kid wearing purple last night; from the team to the band to the Indianettes and cheerleaders. This was a wonderful season and I am proud to be an Indian fan.

NDN79

500+ Posts
GREAT SEASON by the INDIANS. They were counted out after week 5 by everyone in the area, but Indian Nation kept believing and the team won 7 in a row. What a great job that the coaching staff did this year.I know that the Indians will come back even stronger next season ready to pick up where they left off this year.

I give Manvel credit for having good athletes--but at halftime I really thought we were going to beat them!!

akifan94

500+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
akifan94 said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
Why do you say that?

I was not at the game and did not pick up that impression through the broadcast, hence the question. I know that that were a few shots to head penalties but was not aware of the jawing. I also didn't listen through the end of the game.

That is what I figured. As I was typing I thought maybe you knew and had just left off a emoticon. ;) Manvel is a very talented team. I would love to see them win it all since they beat us but I can't pull for a team that is allowed to play and act like that.

NDN FAN 4EVR

I was at the game. But sitting on the scoreboard end. I thought I heard one of our players was ejected. Did that really happen?

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
NDN FAN 4EVR said:
I was at the game. But sitting on the scoreboard end. I thought I heard one of our players was ejected. Did that really happen?

Yes that really happened. Padia was ejected.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
The better team did indeed win but I won't be pulling for them at all. I was not impressed with their arrogance, it was down right disrespectful to their community.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Yes one of ours was ejected, I thought THEY should have had a few ejected but it didnt happen. I was sitting around the 40, very close to the sidelines. We usually sit higher by the band. Their is a lot of action on the sidelines..especially in this game. These players have a lot of heart, and when Manvel started pulling ahead of us, I saw a lot of emotion. The players are very supportive of each other. When the game was nearing the end, the seniors were hugging and crying...made tears come to my eyes....this was it for them, they will probably never play together again. Lots of great memories from this season...I didnt think it could get any better than the roll we were on last season...boy was I wrong. These boys made football season an awesome ride this year. Cant wait for next year...I will miss this team though, like i did last years team. GOOD LUCK SENIORS.

SCALP EM INDIANS IN BASKETBALL :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

C4L

PNG Proud said:

GO LA MARQUE!

Thanks for the well-wishes Proud, but methinks Manvel is going to punk the Coogahs.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Respect for the talent/athleticism that Manvel has; however, no respect for the band, the fans, or the attitudes of their players. If you were at the game, I think I need not elaborate anymore.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
NDNTime said:
Respect for the talent/athleticism that Manvel has; however, no respect for the band, the fans, or the attitudes of their players. If you were at the game, I think I need not elaborate anymore.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I highly agree. Even my PNG alumni friends where cocky last night. :flaming:

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
A VERY SMALL part of me would like to see Manvel make it to the championship ONLY because that would be 2 years in a row that we lost to a team that made it to the big dance. BUT....a BIGGER part of.me hopes the Coogs shove that pigskin down their arrogant, trash talking throats!!!
I heard when our cheerleaders were putting up their signs one of their players asked one of the girls how many points we wanted to lose by? To which her reply was "Why don't you worry about the 5 fans you got over there and leave us alone!"
YOU GO GIRL!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I think sometime that we all forget that we are 4A by only 6 students! If we'd had 6 less students we'd have gone to 3A which makes us one of the smallest 4A schools in the state. I am so proud of what the Indians have accomplished. Also, everyone check out Wikipedia's demographics of Manvel and some answer this question for me: How can the population be over 90% white and their team all black? Seems like someone was doing some active recruiting to me. Just a thought. They had great athletes, but very poor sportsmanship. I'd rather have our Indians over any other team in the state. I want to win another state championship, but not at the expense some schools go to. Remember always, boys, that your communities and the fans are proud of you!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores