Official Game Thread: PN-G vs. Manvel Mavericks

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:
I think sometime that we all forget that we are 4A by only 6 students! If we'd had 6 less students we'd have gone to 3A which makes us one of the smallest 4A schools in the state. I am so proud of what the Indians have accomplished. Also, everyone check out Wikipedia's demographics of Manvel and some answer this question for me: How can the population be over 90% white and their team all black? Seems like someone was doing some active recruiting to me. Just a thought. They had great athletes, but very poor sportsmanship. I'd rather have our Indians over any other team in the state. I want to win another state championship, but not at the expense some schools go to. Remember always, boys, that your communities and the fans are proud of you!

squaw, the cutoff for 3A is 990 students. We have 1401 students. If the cutoff was 1395, Ozen, Lumberton, LC-M, and Livingston would all be 3A schools.

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/conf-cutoff-div-breaks-2010.pdf

ryno1203

I would like to get something straight regarding the "NaNaHeyHeyGoodbye". Manvel started playing this before their game against Dawson. It is not "NaNaHeyHeyGoodbye" it is "We Ready" by Archie Eversole. This is a rap song that all the kids have found and are listening to. LaMarque comes out during pregame with it, and other teams I have watched have come out playing it. Look it up I'm serious. It is no disrespect to the PNG Nation. As for "Hoka Hey", lets get all the facts straight. When Coach Martin came to Manvel it was a brand new school, so brand new traditions, mascot name, etc was being established. Coach Martin brought the schools motto, war cry, what ever you want to call it to Manvel. The rallying cry traces back to the Lakota Sioux Indians and is about personal sacrifice for a greater cause, It's about brotherhood and sacrificing yourself for your teammates. The entire Manvel community is building its own tradition, just like PNG did many years ago, and look what it has done for the PNG Nation. I am a Manvel Mavericks Supporter and the game last night was unbelievable. Yes there were personnel fouls on both side, and both teams lost their focus. I meet a few of the PNG fans last night and all I can say is I was treated with respect and kindness. I see some posts that some feel they were treated unfairly by some from Manvel, I can tell you there are some great, hard working people in Manvel, and some very gifted and athletic students at Manvel High School, and yes there are some turds that ruin it for everyone, and that goes for both sides. As a Manvel resident I personally appoligize for those who feel they were treated wrong. I hope all the best for the PNG Nation, yall know how to bring a crowd. Thanks for allowing me to share my thoughts on this message board, and my God bless PNG Nation.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
ryno1203 said:
I would like to get something straight regarding the "NaNaHeyHeyGoodbye". Manvel started playing this before their game against Dawson. It is not "NaNaHeyHeyGoodbye" it is "We Ready" by Archie Eversole. This is a rap song that all the kids have found and are listening to. LaMarque comes out during pregame with it, and other teams I have watched have come out playing it. Look it up I'm serious. It is no disrespect to the PNG Nation. As for "Hoka Hey", lets get all the facts straight. When Coach Martin came to Manvel it was a brand new school, so brand new traditions, mascot name, etc was being established. Coach Martin brought the schools motto, war cry, what ever you want to call it to Manvel. The rallying cry traces back to the Lakota Sioux Indians and is about personal sacrifice for a greater cause, It's about brotherhood and sacrificing yourself for your teammates. The entire Manvel community is building its own tradition, just like PNG did many years ago, and look what it has done for the PNG Nation. I am a Manvel Mavericks Supporter and the game last night was unbelievable. Yes there were personnel fouls on both side, and both teams lost their focus. I meet a few of the PNG fans last night and all I can say is I was treated with respect and kindness. I see some posts that some feel they were treated unfairly by some from Manvel, I can tell you there are some great, hard working people in Manvel, and some very gifted and athletic students at Manvel High School, and yes there are some turds that ruin it for everyone, and that goes for both sides. As a Manvel resident I personally appoligize for those who feel they were treated wrong. I hope all the best for the PNG Nation, yall know how to bring a crowd. Thanks for allowing me to share my thoughts on this message board, and my God bless PNG Nation.

Are you really going to sit here and try to convince those at the game that your fans were NOT saying "Nah Nah, Hey Hey, Good Bye"? Not gonna happen buddy. If you were there, you KNOW that's what was going on. Why else would they be waving bye? Hell, we could actually hear them! Nice try. Hope ya'll get your booty handed to you on a platter soon. The most disrespectful, dirty playing team/school, that I've seen in my lifetime. If that's the way you guys teach your KIDS, then I would hate to see them in 10 yrs. Good Luck with THAT...you're gonna need it.

ryno1203

PNG Proud, I failed to say anything about the NaNaHeyHeyGoodbye at the end of the game. Yes there were a few doing it. I have seen your post before and you attack everyone not a PNG supporter. I promise our kids are not taught to be dirty, its football, things are going to happen. I promise your players are not angles out there. Just to let you know your player that got kicked out was his second time he went to ours player below the belt. The first time he grabbed our player there. So you want to talk about dirty plays. PNG had a great season, I hope to see yall every post season. Hoka Hey!!!!

ryno1203

Just advising what was actually was being done with the part of the song "We Ready" not saying the song is appropriate at least most of it. They only take the first corus part. Like I said before and I say again. I wish the PNG Nation well, and see yall next year.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
I observed something last night before the game ever started when the Manvel players were warming up on the field. The Manvel coach was quite chummy with the head ref. shaking his hand is one thing but hugging the ref. left concern. Additionally the refs. spent a lot of time in conversation with Manvel players while some of the calls were being decided. Did anyone else notice this?

As others have said, most of their team had no class and a lot of arrogance. A lot of repeated cheap shots - head to head contact, etc. I told my daughter and son in law that most of them reminded me of the former Dallas Cowboy, Terrell Owens. Interestingly enough a gentleman from the Pearland game was telling me that a lot of the players on the Manvel team are sons of former and present professional football players. If that is the case, not hard to figure out why these guys acted as they did.

Don't hang your heads INDIANS people like that usually get what's coming to them in the end.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
in the second QTR the $ 40 on the manvel team started punching our player i wanted to come out of the stnads and kick his you know what! and he did not get thrown out.. all i can say is they has over 160 yds in pentalies last night , and most were personal fouls.. to me that is dirty ball!

ryno1203

Your Pearland source would be incorrect. That would be Dawson High School who has former professional athletes sons playing on their team. They have 2 former Oilers Pat Coleman and Haywood Jefferies sons playing, and neither of these former players had on or off the field issues. As for the officals, both coaches agree on the officating crews, and alot of these officals cover all the teams over the years and FYI before the game the officials were around the PNG coaches talking it up too. Also, with the head to head contact being on the hot seat lately, that is just football. As for the penalties PNG got all those penalty yards and did not capitalize on all of them. I credit PNG for playing hard all the way to the end. That was what we call "Hoka Hey". Love the heart, the tradition, and the whole atmosphere last night. That was awsome. Congrats to PNG on a great season.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
ryno1203 said:
Your Pearland source would be incorrect. That would be Dawson High School who has former professional athletes sons playing on their team. They have 2 former Oilers Pat Coleman and Haywood Jefferies sons playing, and neither of these former players had on or off the field issues. As for the officals, both coaches agree on the officating crews, and alot of these officals cover all the teams over the years and FYI before the game the officials were around the PNG coaches talking it up too. Also, with the head to head contact being on the hot seat lately, that is just football. As for the penalties PNG got all those penalty yards and did not capitalize on all of them. I credit PNG for playing hard all the way to the end. That was what we call "Hoka Hey". Love the heart, the tradition, and the whole atmosphere last night. That was awsome. Congrats to PNG on a great season.
Sorry my source was wrong. However Manvel head coach hugging the head ref. seems a little over the top. My comment was not about the refs. talking to the coaches. My comment referred to the fact that the Manvel players were up the a$$ of the remaining refs. while call decisions were being made/reported to the side lines. A lot of jawing between them and the refs. Looked kind of like old home week at the playoff game between them. That being said, my comment regarding little or no class from the Manvel players remains. I'm sure the game next week against LaMarque will be a blood bath since they have had the same reputation in the past.

ryno1203

I respect your opinion sir. A few bad apples does not spoil the bunch. There are some real good kids on the Manvel team, that play their a$$ off every week for Coach Martin. I'm sorry you feel that way, hope we meet again in the future. May the PNG be blessed and be safe.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
There were way too many personal foul penalties FOR BOTH TEAMS! I believe this is just a case of teenage atheletes very pumped up for a big game. Both teams are too well coached for this kind of behavior. I know coach Faircloth does not condone this kind of stuff and feel strongly that the Manvel coach doesn't either. The game was well called by the officials. After the poor officiating we had at the Ozen game, I am very hesitant to point out flaws by the stripes. The Indians had a very good season this year, but ran into a better team this weekend. Congrats to both teams and I do hope that Manvel wins State. I'll be honest and say that I dont care about the trash talking and taunting by the opposing teams, bands and fans. Win or lose, lets do it with class.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
bandkid said:
squaw said:
I think sometime that we all forget that we are 4A by only 6 students! If we'd had 6 less students we'd have gone to 3A which makes us one of the smallest 4A schools in the state. I am so proud of what the Indians have accomplished. Also, everyone check out Wikipedia's demographics of Manvel and some answer this question for me: How can the population be over 90% white and their team all black? Seems like someone was doing some active recruiting to me. Just a thought. They had great athletes, but very poor sportsmanship. I'd rather have our Indians over any other team in the state. I want to win another state championship, but not at the expense some schools go to. Remember always, boys, that your communities and the fans are proud of you!

squaw, the cutoff for 3A is 990 students. We have 1401 students. If the cutoff was 1395, Ozen, Lumberton, LC-M, and Livingston would all be 3A schools.
thanks for clarifying bandkid ........ i really was wondering about that when SQUAW posted ( no disrespect intended ) and had a hard time believing it.
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/conf-cutoff-div-breaks-2010.pdf

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
This was probably the best zebra crew we had all season. The bad start by us and the great start by Manvel in the 3rd qtr. Was the difference in this game. The. Pick 6 on our 2nd drive was a killer...we had all the momentum after scoring and stopping them to a 3 and out on the opening possesions

shovelhead

100+ Posts
Another thing I noticed that nobody has mentioned.... This was probably the best defensive secondary we've seen all year. They had our receivers covered like a blanket, yet Doty and company still got it done! A whole lot of credit needs to go out to Doty, Jalali, Nelson and Gizzi. These young men made it happen in spite of the good coverage. Saying this, you gotta give props to the offensive line and running backs. Plus a Defense that improved every week! I dont have the words to express how proud I am of this Indian team. I have a whole lot of good memories of this special group! Congrats on a good season.

75NDNDB

Sunday morning I too wanted revenge on Manvel because of some of the actions of their players. No doubt the playoff intensity was high and the personal fouls called against both teams could have cost us both the game. At the start of our season we had trouble getting a handle on personal fouls called against us and they surely cost us in early in our season. There are gonna be some hotheads every year on every team but the teams that go far in the playoffs are very well diciplined to these type of game costing penalties. I was surprised that there was no time out call to get this under control in the 3rd quarter. (2 in a row against us for 30 yds. that set up a Manvel TD!) You have to respond to mouthing or cheap shots with aggression between downs. Manvel commits allot of these penalties and it WILL cost them a trip to state. As for as the song...yeah, a little offensive but... SCALP EM INDIANS SCALP EM!!! lol. Hope we meet again next year!

ryno1203

Why don't some of the PNG fans come to Wildcat Stadium in Angleton, TX. on Saturday @ 2:00 p.m. and watch a great game. This is not an insult or joke I invite everyone to come on down. Have a great and blessed day.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
This was probably the best zebra crew we had all season. The bad start by us and the great start by Manvel in the 3rd qtr was the difference in this game. The pick 6 on our 2nd drive was a killer...we had all the momentum after scoring and stopping them to a 3 and out on the opening possesions.
This is my continuation of above post...my computer is acting crazy and i am not sure what happened to the rest of the post(may be user error!). We were able to overcome our mistakes in the 1st qtr. and go in to halftime tied up. The game changer was the onside kick after their opening TD in the 3rd qtr. Our kids fought valiantly to come back at the end, but came back strong. I am so proud of these boys and it is definitely another season that I will always look back on with fond memories. Thank You to the Seniors on this team for keeping everyone together after a 1-4 start and keeping the faith. Doty handled himself with so much poise and grace in all the tough situations we faced this year. I will never forget how in the Ozen game, when I was tied in knots right before OT, watching Doty warming up on the sidelines so confident, I knew then that we would pull that game out. He personified the the never give up, confident, hard working, get er done attitude of thes Seniors. Good luck to you guys in your futures. To all our returning players...keep working hard and continue to build on the foundation that has been laid the past 2 years. We have a bright future ahead of us!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores