PN-G @ Huntsville

WarDance

Just FYI for those going to the game…

Link to purchase tickets should be posted Monday and any left over on Friday will be available to purchase at the gate, but I wouldn’t depend on that because their visitor side isn’t that big….holds a little over 2000 I think.

They have designated home/visitor parking lots with no access to opposite side seats from either so just be sure you park in the VISITOR side parking lot.
Logged on and purchased mine this morning :)

19PNGndn68

What do we got? An explosive offense. What do we need? Hmm
I enjoy the quick and long PNG TD runs this year. However we are not winning the time of possession in games like last year. Last year’s offensive team had 4-5 minute time consuming TD drives. Nguyen was good for five and six yards a pop going down the field with some passes mixed in.
Last year’s defense could sit on the bench rested with limited exposures to the other team’s offense during the game. Last year other team’s offense went into panic mode later in the game and became one dimensional.
In the MLC game our defense had barely sat down when they are right back on the field after explosive PNG scores. Explosive PNG Offense this year is a two edge sword. This year’s OLB and DBs already had 5 interceptions in the first three games.

19PNGndn68

Very true!! LC had the TRIFECTA on offense, great QB, RB, and O-line…don’t think we’ll see another total package like that! Huntsville’s defense will be a challenge, but NO WAY they’re as good or better than SOC and most of our offense, especially the O-line has BATTLE TESTED experience going up against them!!
LC is 24-2 the last two years. PNG and FB Marshall are responsible for LC only lossless in regional. If LC finishes second in our district this year they will face SOC in second playoff game. In bidistrict this year a 2nd place LC would face a third place team from the DFW area that has to travel to LC for a home game. Thanks UIL deputy commissioner for realignment. Student Athletes exposed to road dangers for eight to 16 hours for a bidistrict game?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Welcome 19PNGndn68!!! You are two posts are 100% correct. In the state championship game, PN-G controlled the ball and clock in the second half. Hopefully, this week our Indians will get back to the "HOLD THE BALL AND WEAR YOU OUT" gameplan. That said, I too love to see the Indians make explosive plays! Maybe we can do both! Ha-ha. GO INDIANS!

19PNGndn68

Possibly but I’m thinking there’s a good chance we will cause it’s gonna be another good one. Plus, I bet a lot of PNG fans/alumni who live out that way show up.
PNG alumni in Katy with Season tickets haven’t missed a game. Paying hotel taxes in Midcounty for PNG home games making pleasure trips back to the home of Indian Nation. I have waited 48 years to once again experience the return of the glory years. The game experiences of 1974- 1977 are once in a life time memories that should be experienced first hand. The 1976 play off in the Astrodome against Houston Memorial was a game decided by other teams false starts due overwhelming PNG crowd noise. . This is not the
Hunger games to be observed from afar. PNG team, band, cheerleaders and indianettes deserve a purple out sale out of our side and part of the Huntsville home side. Who are we? PNG

tony79

Unless someone goes incognito, not sure they will sell tickets on that side. I think they are relatively strict in keeping the sides separated.
Correct. Friday morning they open up the home side to anyone. So park on the home if you buy home tickets.
They also mentioned a volleyball game so come early to get a good parking spot.

100+ Posts
I enjoy the quick and long PNG TD runs this year. However we are not winning the time of possession in games like last year. Last year’s offensive team had 4-5 minute time consuming TD drives. Nguyen was good for five and six yards a pop going down the field with some passes mixed in.
Last year’s defense could sit on the bench rested with limited exposures to the other team’s offense during the game. Last year other team’s offense went into panic mode later in the game and became one dimensional.
In the MLC game our defense had barely sat down when they are right back on the field after explosive PNG scores. Explosive PNG Offense this year is a two edge sword. This year’s OLB and DBs already had 5 interceptions in the first three games.
Yep. I was saying the same thing last Friday night, then immediately my wife said that "LC's defense had to go right back out also, and then the offense had to go right back out, etc etc. Maybe that's why the score is spiraling up and out of control", said she. "Geez", I said. "You need to be up in the press box".

BTW, wrt the above Huntsville video, does Coach Joseph do similar interviews anywhere?

Last edited:

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I’ll take a TD over a long possession almost any day
(There are exceptions)
But you can sub in on defense if you get a score too fast
It’s sort of like when commentators talk about “momentum”
What they’re saying is one team has scored back to back -“momentum” is more of an after analysis

Or the stats like
Team X is 10-0 when they score more than 60 points - duh haha.

We would never tell the runner to get less yards you take the yards that are there
The exceptions being at the end of the game and you have it won by one point (what game was that last week that one team had it won but scored and the other team came back and won with the TD and 2 point conversion oh yeah it was actually Texas High over Fayetteville Ark
But other than that give me the TD any day.
But it is a good point to give the D a little room for error due to fatigue.

Rez

I’ll take a TD over a long possession almost any day
(There are exceptions)
But you can sub in on defense if you get a score too fast
It’s sort of like when commentators talk about “momentum”
What they’re saying is one team has scored back to back -“momentum” is more of an after analysis

Or the stats like
Team X is 10-0 when they score more than 60 points - duh haha.

We would never tell the runner to get less yards you take the yards that are there
The exceptions being at the end of the game and you have it won by one point (what game was that last week that one team had it won but scored and the other team came back and won with the TD and 2 point conversion oh yeah it was actually Texas High over Fayetteville Ark
But other than that give me the TD any day.
But it is a good point to give the D a little room for error due to fatigue.
PNG won a state championship on long sustained drives while we forced our opponents to watch the game draining away from the sidelines. When you have an offense that can do it (we do) holding the ball and limiting the other team’s drives is like putting a knife in their heart from the get go. Our defense was good last year, but a lot of the points the defense didn’t allow were from drives the offense didn’t even let happen. Our defense this year isn’t good enough (hopefully they’ll get better) to defend 6 drives a half between short drives. That’s not to say we shouldn’t score when given the opportunity. But we can be methodical about it, and we can keep the ball on the ground (especially when the other team can’t stop the run).

100+ Posts
PNG won a state championship on long sustained drives while we forced our opponents to watch the game draining away from the sidelines. When you have an offense that can do it (we do) holding the ball and limiting the other team’s drives is like putting a knife in their heart from the get go. Our defense was good last year, but a lot of the points the defense didn’t allow were from drives the offense didn’t even let happen. Our defense this year isn’t good enough (hopefully they’ll get better) to defend 6 drives a half between short drives. That’s not to say we shouldn’t score when given the opportunity. But we can be methodical about it, and we can keep the ball on the ground (especially when the other team can’t stop the run).
Indeed. In short it's called "ball control". We used to call it "running the ball down their throat". In my very short stint as a defensive lineman, it was the thing that I hated the worst.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores