PN-G Indians - 2023 5A-DII State Champions!

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
It looks like the DISD finally filed the grievance against PNG on behalf of SOC. Sad. Some of the local news networks have reportedly requested a copy of it under FOIA.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like the DISD finally filed the grievance against PNG on behalf of SOC. Sad. Some of the local news networks have reportedly requested a copy of it under FOIA.
Never had any reason to consider it, but the perception of Dallas ISD and South Oak Cliff high school has dropped considerably. Meanwhile the facts that the South Oak Cliff football team actually uses tactics to fool refs while committing an abundance of fouls themselves has become clear.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
“A late pass interference penalty against SOC helped lead to the decisive PNG touchdown, en route to a 20-17 victory, blocking the Golden Bears path to a threepeat.”

That was one play and a valid call. You watch any game at any level and if a db does that a flag will be thrown. Their three-peat was ‘blocked’ because they lost to an all around better team and they can’t accept or admit it. Sore losers.

“Especially when placed within the context of SOC’s stifling defense, that stone-walled PNG time and again on goal-to-go plays, leading to field goal attempt after field goal attempt earlier in the game, the penalty that gave PNG 1st & Goal at the 2 seemed like a gift.”

All this talk about a stifling defense. Which defense held the opponent to fewer points and yards and shut the other down in the second half? PN-G. Who held SOC to fewer yards than Desoto and Duncanville? PN-G. That’s what you call a stifling defense.

PN-G could say that if not for three self-inflicted plays where the Indians practically stopped themselves and settled for the field goals, the score would have easily been 31-17. An easy TD pass was dropped, a low throw to an open receiver at the goal line and an offside penalty inside the 1 yard line.

No need to let that experience live rent free, but maybe the Indians can prep all offseason with the expectation of the vengeance bs that they will face next season when they play in the SC game again. That is if both teams make it back. Hit the offseason weight room and cardio with gusto and prepare to crush SOC and anyone else on the way.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
A wise philosopher once said and I quote

“We are the champions my friend
And we ll keep on fighting to the end”

He later went on to say

“We are the champions, (yes) we are the champions- no time for losers ‘cause we are the champions…. OF THE WORLD”

Archeologists have yet to discover where this world tournament was held but the message rings true today.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
These numbers turned in by SOC to Maxpreps do not take into account the -40 yards in losses their offense had. And the official UIL stats show SOC with 162 total yards. By the numbers, best defense they faced in 2023 was PN-G. And PN-G gained 281 on them.

Tell me again who had the stifling defense?

1704934422560.png

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores