PN-G Traditions

NDN X

100+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
IndianFan said:
I'm rebuilding the web site for 2009.

Does anyone know the official color of the school (based on the Pantone color system)?

Here's one chart that I found with a quick search.
http://www.bluegrassltd.com/pms_color_chart.asp

From the chart, I like PMS 2602 or PMS 2603 - those are the closest to PNG Purple, IMO. What do the rest of you think?

2603 or 2613 gets my vote....

NONS81

NDNS81 said:
IndianFan said:
That's cool. No rush. I'm working on a new web site theme that I want to match with the true color. Thanks

Per the Pantrone color chart - our purple # is 525C

Per the admin office, this is the color of the scoreboard. 525C.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDNS81 said:
NDNS81 said:
IndianFan said:
That's cool. No rush. I'm working on a new web site theme that I want to match with the true color. Thanks

Thanks NDN81. I really appreciate it as I can now create a more authentic color theme.

NONS81

IndianFan said:
NDNS81 said:
NDNS81 said:
IndianFan said:

Thanks NDN81. I really appreciate it as I can now create a more authentic color theme.

You are very welcome, IndianFan. It is the least I could do with all that you do for us.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
You're welcome although I probably get more out of it than anyone else. It's the only hobby I have time for anymore and my way of staying in touch with my roots in an insane world. And hopefully providing that service for others as well. ;D

NONS81

IndianFan said:
You're welcome although I probably get more out of it than anyone else. It's the only hobby I have time for anymore and my way of staying in touch with my roots in an insane world. And hopefully providing that service for others as well. ;D

I have time to post - don't know that I would have time to maintain and monitor...especially with all the personalities we have on here ;D

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Seems like I remember a few years back that during the Homecoming game the Football Sweetheart was the only one on the field that was allowed to wear an Indian headdress. Does anyone remember this or am I just imaging things again?

NONS81

OldEagle said:
Seems like I remember a few years back that during the Homecoming game the Football Sweetheart was the only one on the field that was allowed to wear an Indian headdress. Does anyone remember this or am I just imaging things again?

When I was in school, the Football Sweetheart was "crowned" with on of the Drum Majors Headdresses ( the long one that touches the ground). They also road around the track in fancy convertibles...We also sold World Finest Chocolate cover almonds and had a Variety Show - those were fun times!!! We had TWIRP week during Valetines and the Student Council sold TWIRP Licenses to all the girls and we Crowned Sir Twirp!!!! I got to crown one of our present coaches as Sir Twirp!!!

allstarmom

100+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
OldEagle said:

When I was in school, the Football Sweetheart was "crowned" with on of the Drum Majors Headdresses ( the long one that touches the ground). They also road around the track in fancy convertibles...We also sold World Finest Chocolate cover almonds and had a Variety Show - those were fun times!!! We had TWIRP week during Valetines and the Student Council sold TWIRP Licenses to all the girls and we Crowned Sir Twirp!!!! I got to crown one of our present coaches as Sir Twirp!!!

Would that be Coach Segura? I remember him as being all the rage back in the day!!

N

NDNPARENT

NDNS81 said:
OldEagle said:

those were the days! and the class that sold the most candy and had the best talent show , won the sweetheart for their class.

N

NDNPARENT

allstarmom said:
NDNS81 said:
OldEagle said:

Would that be Coach Segura? I remember him as being all the rage back in the day!!

yep that would be him!

NONS81

allstarmom said:
NDNS81 said:
OldEagle said:

Nope, Coach Welch...I was a Senior and he was a junior. Kyle might have been Sir Twirp when y'all were Seniors.

allstarmom

100+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
allstarmom said:
NDNS81 said:
OldEagle said:

Nope, Coach Welch...I was a Senior and he was a junior. Kyle might have been Sir Twirp when y'all were Seniors.

Oh, right!!! I must have had too many of Mr. White's rum cakes! Now there is an Indian tradition!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores