PN-G Traditions

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
I just noticed that the unis they are showing in the photos (zig zags on sleeves and pants). This is my favorite design.
Me, too! I loved the zig-zag design. Wasn't it fine when the opposing players were so upset with the Bonzai man that two or three concentrated on tackling him and forgot the other players? Want to hear a funny thing? Contrary to what Justafan thinks, I did NOT graduate from PN. How can anyone help but bleed purple after watching the Indians this many years? My father-in-law, hubby, three children, and grandchildren all graduated from PNG and all bleed purple. I previously lived where there was no sense of "community" and then moved here and learned what a community is supposed to be like. Yes, I do get upset when I see traditions destroyed, no team spirit anymore, and just a lackadaisacal (sp?) attitude about PN and Groves. I'm proud that I live here. Update or add to our traditions, just leave Cherokee, the school colors and the alma mater alone. Sorry, that's just my opinion. I'll get off my bandbox now. lol Let's all have fun on here--I know we have great Indian fans on here so we must get along.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Agree on the traditions. The core traditions should never change. Hopefully advocates for 'political correctness' never succeed in doing that.

But even the best of things can grow stale over time. So the additions of a few new, or revamping of things like uniforms (player, band, Indianettes) is good.

This conversation got off track a few times. Here's a list of things I was going for. Please add if you can think of anything else.

Alma Mater
Cherokee/Fight Song
'Fire Up' Pep Rally
Fan Support
Geronimo
Indian Spirit
Indianettes
Purple Pride Marching Band
Marching I
Purple & White

NDNMom83

Here's one..."Now this is a warning..." cheer that is done at pep rallys and beginning of the game

Also introducing the head coach at the pep rally as the supersensational head of the tribe........

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
Why all the fuss about the numbers on the uniforms possibly being outlined in black.

Didn't draw negative comments when the endzones on the new field were outlined in black. :-\

No fuss about this the fuss was about Silver helmets...

NONS81

NDNMom83 said:
Here's one..."Now this is a warning..." cheer that is done at pep rallys and beginning of the game

Also introducing the head coach at the pep rally as the supersensational head of the tribe........

I think we need to revive the old saying on T-shirts - "PN-G has a Special Spirit...Pass it on!!!"

Anyone remember the car horns that played Cherokee? If I remember correctly, Bradley's was selling/installing them back then. Maybe Sterling knows where we can get some. It seems like you could switch back and forth between a regular horn and Cherokee. I will have to ask my cousin, she had one.

NONS81

CardiacKids 92 said:
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
Why all the fuss about the numbers on the uniforms possibly being outlined in black.

Didn't draw negative comments when the endzones on the new field were outlined in black. :-\

No fuss about this the fuss was about Silver helmets...

Not trying to start anything, but I really dislike the idea of silver helmets. Just my opinion, but I LOVE the Purple ones!!!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
squaw said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
I just noticed that the unis they are showing in the photos (zig zags on sleeves and pants). This is my favorite design.
Me, too! I loved the zig-zag design. Wasn't it fine when the opposing players were so upset with the Bonzai man that two or three concentrated on tackling him and forgot the other players? Want to hear a funny thing? Contrary to what Justafan thinks, I did NOT graduate from PN. How can anyone help but bleed purple after watching the Indians this many years? My father-in-law, hubby, three children, and grandchildren all graduated from PNG and all bleed purple. I previously lived where there was no sense of "community" and then moved here and learned what a community is supposed to be like. Yes, I do get upset when I see traditions destroyed, no team spirit anymore, and just a lackadaisacal (sp?) attitude about PN and Groves. I'm proud that I live here. Update or add to our traditions, just leave Cherokee, the school colors and the alma mater alone. Sorry, that's just my opinion. I'll get off my bandbox now. lol Let's all have fun on here--I know we have great Indian fans on here so we must get along.

I agree with you squaw, some traditions should never change just like the ones IndianFan mentioned. What I was refering to was with all new generations there is always room for others. But the following should never change.

Alma Mater
Cherokee/Fight Song
'Fire Up' Pep Rally
Fan Support
Geronimo
Indian Spirit
Indianettes
Purple Pride Marching Band
Marching I
Purple & White

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I'm rebuilding the web site for 2009.

Does anyone know the official color of the school (based on the Pantone color system)?

Here's one chart that I found with a quick search.
http://www.bluegrassltd.com/pms_color_chart.asp

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:

Does anyone know the official color of the school (based on the Pantone color system)?

IMO, I like the purple of the helmets you used on this website. In fact, I love the banner at the top of the page. You do beautiful work with a computer. (graphic design work).

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
Here are some Bonzai photos that I stole from the DToV book:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Cool pics!! How did you get them on here? I have severald old baseball pics from newspapers that I want to share. I scanned them from my printer and they are in my pic gallery. Can you please tell me how to insert them as images on to the message board. Thanks alot for your help. YD

NONS81

IndianFan said:

From the chart, I like PMS 2602 or PMS 2603 - those are the closest to PNG Purple, IMO. What do the rest of you think?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Another tradition I always liked was the sign the read "purple and white on a field of green - prettiest sight you've ever seen"

NDN X

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:

I thought "PNG purple" was a real color!! ;D
I looked at the chart, but it is hard to tell. Some are so close.

NONS81

IndianFan said:
Does anyone have a contact that would know the exact PMS number?

I would imagine whoever ordered the endzone turf would know. Let me see what I can find out. I may take a couple of days, though. I have to email this person from my work email and see if she is not to "swamped" to answer me.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
That's cool. No rush. I'm working on a new web site theme that I want to match with the true color. Thanks

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
yankeedawg said:
pngfan93 said:
Here are some Bonzai photos that I stole from the DToV book:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Cool pics!! How did you get them on here? I have severald old baseball pics from newspapers that I want to share. I scanned them from my printer and they are in my pic gallery. Can you please tell me how to insert them as images on to the message board. Thanks alot for your help. YD

I upload the images to my web site. The I post the link using the img code. You can upload to any of the free graphic hosting web sites, like flikr, and accomplish the same thing.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
You can also use the Additional Options feature and upload directly to the message board.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores