PN-G vs LC-M Game Thread

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
We'll, there are bound to be seasons like this every once and awhile...about the same frequency of teams that make deep playoff run.

badndn

500+ Posts
Vidor...Yes they will struggle next year.
Nederland...No. Dogs will still be very good next year. Very strong group of underclassmen playing and on JV as Sophs.
But yes, some years there will be struggles. Again just hope they don't give up the fight.

badndn

500+ Posts
Agreed indianforever. Agreed!
So at this point what do you do if your Faircloth? Only other option is a Fish. Do you let him cut his teeth and take his lumps and move AJ back to WR?
Also for the record the defense has given up a bunch of long TDs this year. So while QB is an issue, its not the only issue.

indianforever

100+ Posts
badndn said:
Agreed indianforever. Agreed!
So at this point what do you do if your Faircloth? Only other option is a Fish. Do you let him cut his teeth and take his lumps and move AJ back to WR?

To be honest it can't get any worse

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
badndn said:
Vidor...Yes they will struggle next year.
Nederland...No. Dogs will still be very good next year. Very strong group of underclassmen playing and on JV as Sophs.
But yes, some years there will be struggles. Again just hope they don't give up the fight.
I agree SPIRIT and FIGHT can go a long way!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck next week Indians! It's a mediocre district and the playoffs are still within reach.

Whodat

Nederland will be very good next year as well. Plus Neumann always finds a way to make every team competitive. Last time PNG beat him was with their 4th string qb.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan said:
Good luck next week Indians! It's a mediocre district and the playoffs are still within reach.

I disagree on that one. There are several really good teams in our district. And we're struggling against the mediocre ones. Ned, Vidor, Liv and Ozen are all serious contenders, and LCM has shown that they are not out of it either.

They were very well coached tonight and their players played with more heart, it seems. They were just ATTACKING the ball... and they never let up. We were out classed from the start.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I'm considering the region. Other than Nederland and Vidor, none of the other teams did well before district.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
No, but considering the fact that Central demolished Slumberton tonight, that doesn't fair well for us.

purplefan2345

Some people should keep rude comments off this site. Probably dont have or never had a son play FB for PNG or you would not make the comments. These boys work very hard

badndn

500+ Posts
purplefan2345 said:
Some people should keep rude comments off this site. Probably dont have or never had a son play FB for PNG or you would not make the comments. These boys work very hard
::)
Care to point out the rude comments!
No one has posted anything on here that indicates that the kids don't "work hard" as some of you folks continuously point out. There is no doubt that all kids in PNG athletics "work hard"...It's part of the tradition that is PNG and it's part of what makes PNG as a whole, not just athletics, a leader in this area in all things scholastic, but in athletics, sometimes the others guys are just more talented and are working just as hard. As far as AJ goes, I think it's clear that he can help this team win ball games, but it's probably not at QB. What I saw against Lumberton was a young man that could be a beast one on one against a DB. He could be a playmaker outside of the pocket, unfortunately for the team, he is needed in the pocket until either Walker returns or a suitable QB can be found. AJ at WR with a QB in the pocket that can get him the ball in space makes this team better.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of us have had sons who played, and played ourselves, and completely understand all the emotions that go into the game.

It's football in the state of texas. And it's PN-G football. Fans are passionate about the sport and the team. Also realize that every community discusses the sport in the same manner. It's not personal.

Layingemdown

purplefan2345 said:

This is a fan site, not a parent site....you just have the fortune of being both.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores