PN-G vs NED Mid-county Madness

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I know Woodcrest is selling some really cool checklist MCM shirts. Shows an Indian head and a bulldog head. The Indian head has all the checks. The bulldog head has none. The lines are:

Honor, Pride, and Tradition
Turf Field
2 Story Press Box
Largest High School Jumbotron in Texas
Awesome Athletes
Die-Hard Fan Base
PN-G vs. Nederland 48-29 Record

modmouse78

100+ Posts
My brother got to the ticket booth at six this morning and was twenty-fifth in line. He said the people in front of him had been there since ten o'clock the night before. That is awesome.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Texas AP high school football poll
By The Associated Press
Here is The Associated Press Texas high school poll for the week
of Sept. 28, with first-place votes in parentheses, records, points
based on 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, and the team's ranking in last
week's poll:
Class 5A
School Rec Pts Prv
1. Cedar Hill (24) 4-0 249 1
2. Dallas Skyline 4-0 192 4
3. The Woodlands 5-0 160 6
4. Fort Bend Hightower 4-0 152 5
5. Galena Park North Shore 4-1 136 9
6. Allen 4-1 129 7
7. Round Rock Stony Point(1) 4-0 125 8
8. Katy 4-1 82 10
9. Abilene 4-0 36 -
10. Southlake Carroll 4-1 33 3
Others receiving votes: Tyler John Tyler 24, SA Madison 24,
DeSoto 12, Copperas Cove 8, Mesquite Horn 5, SA Roosevelt 4, Lufkin
3, Euless Trinity 1.
Class 4A
School Rec Pts Prv
1. Lake Travis (23) 5-0 248 1
2. Denton Guyer (2) 4-0 222 2
3. Hewitt Midway 4-0 176 3
4. Sulphur Springs 5-0 166 4
5. Waxahachie 4-0 138 5
6. Longview 4-1 119 6
7. Angleton 4-0 114 7
8. Denton Ryan 4-0 73 9
9. Dallas Highland Park 4-1 47 8
10. Schertz Steele 3-1 30 10
Others receiving votes: Big Spring 25, Port Neches-Grove 4,
Lumberton 3, Dayton 3, CC Calallen 3, Brenham 1, Aledo 1, North
Richland Hills 1, Lake Dallas 1.
Class 3A
School Rec Pts Prv
1. Gilmer (25) 5-0 250 1
2. Carthage 5-0 211 2
3. Giddings 4-0 177 3
4. Abilene Wylie 4-0 172 4
5. Navasota 5-0 148 5
6. Cuero 5-0 126 6
7. Prosper 5-0 91 8
8. Monahans 4-0 75 9
9. Graham 4-0 50 10
10. West Orange-Stark 3-1 17 -
Others receiving votes: Bellville 15, Rockdale 14, Mexia 7,
Argyle 5, Jasper 4, Sealy 3, Sinton 3, Celina 2, La Grange 2,
Kennedale 2, West 1.
Class 2A
School Rec Pts Prv
1. Arp (21) 5-0 242 2
2. Bushland (3) 5-0 222 3
3. Daingerfield (1) 4-1 167 1
3. Muleshoe 5-0 167 4
5. Refugio 4-0 149 5
6. Newton 5-0 140 6
7. Pilot Point 5-0 108 8
8. Cisco 5-0 81 9
9. Altair Rice 3-1 35 10
10. Kirbyville 3-1 15 -
Others receiving votes: Godley 12, Holliday 7, Clyde 7,
Grandview 6, Crane 5, Aubrey 3, Lone Oak 3, Blanco 2, Brady 2,
Gunter 1, Henrietta 1.
Class 1A
School Rec Pts Prv
1. Albany (20) 5-0 237 1
2. Quinlan Boles (2) 3-0 199 2
3. Wellington (1) 4-0 191 3
4. Goldthwaite (1) 5-0 167 5
5. Seymour 4-0 131 6
6. New Deal 5-0 113 7
7. Cayuga 3-1 86 8
8. Stratford (1) 4-1 75 9
9. Alto 4-1 58 10
10. Canadian 4-1 45 4
Others receiving votes: Falls City 36, Lovelady 13, Sunray 11,
Itasca 7, Evadale 5, Olton 1.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
We need to forget about rankings and focus on each week's opponent. I am very hopeful that this is the week we put together 4 good qtrs. I am sure ned isnt planning on rolling over "pun intended" for us Friday night. They are decimated by injuries and have nothing to lose.I have a feeling nuemann has something up his sleeve for us this week,wouldnt be surprised to see them come out and run something totally different this week. We need to bring it hard core this week and not let up until there are all zeroes on the clock.I know what this team and coaching staff is capable of, they just have to do it for 48 minutes. We need to make a statement about what is in store for the puppies during the Faircloth era.

warpaint101

ndnsrock44 said:
We need to forget about rankings and focus on each week's opponent. I am very hopeful that this is the week we put together 4 good qtrs. I am sure ned isnt planning on rolling over "pun intended" for us Friday night. They are decimated by injuries and have nothing to lose.I have a feeling nuemann has something up his sleeve for us this week,wouldnt be surprised to see them come out and run something totally different this week. We need to bring it hard core this week and not let up until there are all zeroes on the clock.I know what this team and coaching staff is capable of, they just have to do it for 48 minutes. We need to make a statement about what is in store for the puppies during the Faircloth era.
I heard they are suiting up the Water Boy...........

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This is the lightest MCM talk we've had in years. Not much enthusiasm and other than YankeeDawg, no N*******d fan participation. (Following Coach Faircloth's instruction to not say the word. :) )

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
This is the lightest MCM talk we've had in years. Not much enthusiasm and other than YankeeDawg, no N*******d fan participation. (Following Coach Faircloth's instruction to not say the word. :) )

I'm glad to see that IndianFan is following directions well. Where are all of the dawg fans? I'm guessing the talk is not big because almost everyone is giving this game to the NDNs before it is even played. On paper, we have Ned. dominated, but this is MCM and anything can happen. Of course, I'm one of those believers that this game is all but over with a PNG victory.

tcobb27

Actually Nederland is down to their 4th string quarterback. The Forney kid is actually the 3rd string qb but they need him on defense and he went out last week with an injury also. They are last in the district in offense and defense. I don't think that they can stop us and I think that we will stop them most of the time. I know that most of the past years we have played them close even thought they had superior talent than us but this year we have much better talent than they do and we are playing with a lot of pride and intensity. I am calling this one a route with a conservative PNG 42 - Ned 14. PNG will be 5-0 and possibly slide into the top 10 in the polls (right now 12th). I guess I need a lawn chair for Livingston.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
NDNTime said:
IndianFan said:

I'm glad to see that IndianFan is following directions well. Where are all of the dawg fans? I'm guessing the talk is not big because almost everyone is giving this game to the NDNs before it is even played. On paper, we have Ned. dominated, but this is MCM and anything can happen. Of course, I'm one of those believers that this game is all but over with a PNG victory.

Yeah, we do seem to take the underdawg spot this year. Unfortunately, with the amount of injuries we've sustained, I guess that's understandable. However, like you and some others have pointed out, this is MCM and anything can happen. I just hope we can give you a decent showing , even with many of the non- first string players in starting roles.
Each year I feel that for MCM, everything gets thrown out the window and just let our teams play their hearts out....it's a very special moment in the lives of all these young men. Good luck and hopes for no more injuries/sickness etc. to both teams.

He really won't let you say................. ;D NEDERLAND ??

NDN79

500+ Posts
You have always been a class act Yankeedawg--glad you come here to post. I too hope no more injuries and/or illnesses, and a quick and full recovery to those who have been out. Have fun tomorrow Yankeedawg and have a safe night.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
As one of my favorite coaches P.J. Granger would have said. What happens when Caleb Harmon gets by you? I'll tell you one thing he's off to the races! That's right. GO INDIANS!

cajuncop426

I am looking for a big game from back up tail back Cody Ross #9. I think he will surprise a lot of people...just look back to spring game. :woohoo:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
yankeedawg said:
NDNTime said:
IndianFan said:

Yeah, we do seem to take the underdawg spot this year. Unfortunately, with the amount of injuries we've sustained, I guess that's understandable. However, like you and some others have pointed out, this is MCM and anything can happen. I just hope we can give you a decent showing , even with many of the non- first string players in starting roles.
Each year I feel that for MCM, everything gets thrown out the window and just let our teams play their hearts out....it's a very special moment in the lives of all these young men. Good luck and hopes for no more injuries/sickness etc. to both teams.

He really won't let you say................. ;D NEDERLAND ??

Well ya know Yankeedawg, we try NOT to use the "N" in these parts! :faint:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores