PNG vs G-P

squaw

1,000+ Posts
We were there and I think it should be mentioned that almost all the D were second teamers for the entire second half of the game and some second team O players also played. It bothers me to hear/read that PNG was sloppy in the 2nd half (especially when it comes from people who did not go to the game). I heard exactly zero complaints from anyone at the game. They did what they had to do to keep our win intact. The is the first shut-out in recent history and I am so proud of our boys and the coaches. It was also extremely, extremely HOT! Some fans had serious health issues due to the heat.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I was there and we did play sloppy offensively during the 3rd qtr. Offense looked out of sinc during this time. I think alot of this was caused by the heat. After playing the first half in the heat then cooling off at the half caused alot of cramping during the 2nd half.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Justafan said:
I was there and we did play sloppy offensively during the 3rd qtr. Offense looked out of sinc during this time. I think alot of this was caused by the heat. After playing the first half in the heat then cooling off at the half caused alot of cramping during the 2nd half.

I agree 100%. I was there as well, and although the wheels did not fall off in the 3rd quarter, the offense did sputter (compared to how they looked in the 1st half). I suspect as the heat declines in the coming weeks (hopefully) and the players get used to playing four full quarters, it will not be an issue.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
Justafan said:

I agree also. The heat was miserable for this Momma cheering up in the stands and I couldn't imagine being in full pads busting chops on the field. They must of been dying. But what a great game it is even sitting in triple digit temps from 3PM until game time. Congrats on the W boys, y'all played great!!!

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
No video on the Legacy Sports Network or FNE sites. Hope I'm wrong, but I fear that no video is planned. It seems like last year it was always up by now. If so it is very dissapointing, as I seem to remember that there was delayed video on all of the games for at least the last two years. Anyone have any information about this issue??

PNGfan

100+ Posts
Just to let you know the Arvie kid that scored the TD at the end of the game has a younger brother, just as good and probably better that plays 8th grade football at Port Neches MS. Get ready fans, some serious players coming through the system. Mark my words!

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Regarding game video, it is likely that they opted not to cover this game because it was on a Saturday and a longer road trip.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PNGfan said:
Just to let you know the Arvie kid that scored the TD at the end of the game has a younger brother, just as good and probably better that plays 8th grade football at Port Neches MS. Get ready fans, some serious players coming through the system. Mark my words!

And he's being coached right now by Segura... the former running backs coach at PNG. Should be interesting.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
First off Thanks gpfan55 I believe in the system that you guys are trying to install when its complete you will also it works best of luck on the rest of your season. Second I hear rumors of a really good QB at the 8th grade level anyone confirm this?

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Game pics.

DSCF1386.jpg

Chase on the run.
DSCF1397.jpg

Fans reacting to a defensive stop.
DSCF1400.jpg

Nice band performance.
DSCF1410.jpg

NDN79

500+ Posts
What a great game by the Indians!! You should be proud!! Congratulations to all of the coaching staff for doing such a great job! Were there some mistakes--yes. Is there room for improvement--yes. This, however does not take away from a spectacular game. Just think how good they will look when they play a near perfect game. How about that much improved DEFENSE!!! GREAT JOB INDIANS!!

gpwildcat

Congratulations to the PNG Indians on a well played game. GP had some bright spots, but not many! We will improve, and hopefully get a chance to meet you guys again in the future. Maybe at Jerry World one of these years!

Good luck the rest of the season, will be pulling for you to go 8-2. Sorry, ;D still got to support the Bulldogs!

Proud parent of GP Wildcat #28!

PNGfan

100+ Posts
prepballfan said:
First off Thanks gpfan55 I believe in the system that you guys are trying to install when its complete you will also it works best of luck on the rest of your season. Second I hear rumors of a really good QB at the 8th grade level anyone confirm this?

Several of them. You have Ryan Leggage at Port Neches MS, and you have Adam Morse at Groves MS. The 8th graders at PN and Groves are going to be a good group. I think Morse will end up at another position in HS because he's big hard hitting kid, but he does have an arm. The Leggage kid is amazing though. If you get time watch one of his games on a Tuesday.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Keep your eyes open for Kennal - a 7th grader -6'2 185 plays QB, RB, rover and whatever he wants to.

He is truly a MAN AMUNGST BOYS.

He is bigger, faster, stronger, taller, jumps higher -you name it he can outdo anyone in his class, it is unreal.

Also, another good one in LeJune, great athlete etc...plays with heart and brains. Good kid too.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores