PNG's Next Coach.....

pngfan1

I think Danaher is the man for the job. If he could coach for about 8 years he would have this program on top. Then when he retired this position would be very sought after, not to mention what valuable experience he would pass on to our younger coaches. Look at his record he is a winner with a similar level of talent as PNG.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngfan1 said:
I think Danaher is the man for the job. If he could coach for about 8 years he would have this program on top. Then when he retired this position would be very sought after, not to mention what valuable experience he would pass on to our younger coaches. Look at his record he is a winner with a similar level of talent as PNG.
I TOTALLY AGREE!

HSFB

Smurf: Actually Jeff Walker would be a good candidate as well as it never hurts to have a fullbacks mentality running the program but to get the main man who started it all in Vance would really be a coup.

I still think that the Calallen coach would have problems winning at PN-G. Calallen has traditionally been the go-to school for football in the area. They have won consistently with some very talented teams in a region that is not as strong as others. Winning will be much more difficult at PN-G than Calallen. Now I have to be careful here because I am not saying that the man is not a great coach. I have tremendous respect for any coach who reaches the 300 win plateau in Texas HS Football. I’m just saying that there are other factors that go in to winning outside of X’s & O’s. I am also not saying that PN-G does not have the athletes but I’m sure that some of the better football players from area schools are not moving in to PN-G due to the football factor. There are many variables in place that account for Calallens consistent success with great talent being a main factor. That being said, the guy could come in here and win big and I will gladly eat crow.

I really feel that any coach who comes in here running the I, spread or variation thereof will not bring you a consistent winner. Sure, there will be the winning seasons when the talent level is high but I do not believe that is the consistency that you are looking for as that does not sustain excitment in a program. I’m being redundant here but what is needed is someone who has accomplished more with less and has the right schemes that will translate in to consistent success at PN-G. You need a scheme what will allow you to be successful in down talent years with the potential to win big every couple of years are so. This would generate tremendous excitement within the program and everything would snowball from there. The right scheme, execution and discipline throughout the program are vital to making this work and I still feel that Vance is almost a cant miss prospect for all the reasons I stated in my original post and then some. I can promise you that teams would not look forward to defending Vance’s version of the Slot-T. This would be something new to the region that would create confusion for opposing D’s. Nor would they look forward to facing a team that brings such a tenacious attitude on every play.

bandkid

Staff member
You know, it would be interesting to see the results of a few polls. Perhaps one for who we think will get the job and one for who we'd like to get the job?

Just thought I'd make the suggestion.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
kfdmcoop said:
From the 3A site!

Jerry is staying at Liberty Hill,he withdrew his name this morning
I wonder the reason why he withdrew it. Was it due to all the controversy over the list or for other reasons?

badndn

500+ Posts
I am quite sure it is because he got out of it exactly what he wanted. A raise. Hence forth another reason why these lists should not be made public. If a coach wants more money all he has to do is apply somewhere else and wait for that stupid FOI! In the mean time the school he applies to ends up wasting time and money interviewing a candidate that is not really interested.

I have a question also...How many superstar HS Head Coaches have moved on to other programs toward the end of their careers and been successful? Seems like most of them are never heard from again. Maybe I am wrong??

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Indian99 said:
I'd be perfectly happy with Mike Long.
Mike's a fine man and coach, but I'd still love to have Danaher. I like Vance, too, but I heard he withdrew today. Too bad for him! I think PNG has a lot to offer an ambitious coach-fan support, new facilities and the undescribable "Indian mystique".

mdog

There are several things you would get with Mike Long as HC. You would get respect from the players which there hasn't been since he left. You would have a coach that really wants to come here and stay. He is not one just looking for advancement to another job. You will get an offense that would not be limited. One thing for sure, you would be getting someone that is familiar with HONOR=PRIDE=TRADITION.

Gumbeaux

Not sure if I agree with you pngfan....Faircloth still has alot to prove....Once he makes all the calls for an entire program and has success I might agree...

Can anyone confirm he does make the "calls" at Permian???

pngfan1

PNG Proud said:
Indian99 said:
I'd be perfectly happy with Mike Long.

Not me.

We can do better, no disrespect intended.
Its pretty obvious we need Danaher. The rest of district 204A is sweating it, trust me. Danaher will put PNG back on top. He is a winner.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores