PNG's Next Coach.....

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
kfdmcoop said:
He's a younger guy and is full of energy. I also liked his resume.

Stump or Faircloth. Hell Im young and full of energy but I want more than a current TE coach at Duncanville getting his first HC gig at a school like PNG. Faircloth is at least an OC at one of the more historic programs in the state.

Just my opinion.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
modmouse78 said:
I am hearing that he stated he wants the Westlake position. I guess we will see if he withdraws.

Austin Westlake will have some high profile names apply for that job so it would be far far from a lock that Faircloth would be a leader to nab that gig.

Gumbeaux

1992...I would agree with you there...If we offered Faircloth now we could snag him and be moving forward....

I agree with you on the TE coach.....Garrett just has too many moves that arent UP in ranks from year to year....

squaw

1,000+ Posts
ScalpEm24 said:
Westlake indeed will have a long list of high caliber coaches applying.....the time to act is NOW.

Yes, please act now!!! I'm getting too old for all this suspense! This is almost as suspensful as a state championship game! Lets get it over-win or lose.

NONS81

PNG NDN Fan said:
Heck right now I'd settle for Goldie Hawn to get this thing done ;)
wildcats_l.jpg

A woman isn't a bad idea - no one bucks their momma!!! j/k..... ;D

Indianman

I agree Gumbeaux, Faircloth would be the pick in my opinion. I would agree with 1992 also on that we shouldn't pick a TE coach to come in and take the HC job with no prior experience in the position. It seems way out of whack to let a TE coach at some high school come in and be the leader and HC of the Indians. Hope all this plays out soon. A close and equally qualified 2nd pick would be Stump. Either way, hope it works out for the Indians.

Gumbeaux

I agree with you...It will be a steep hill to climb for a young coach but the support he should get from the community will help...

I wonder how many guys the new coach can bring in???

ScalpEm24

I can only imagine the level of intensity a young eager leader would bring to the table, knowing he has to rejuvinate a sleeping giant!! Times are certainly about to get a lot more exciting at the Reservation!!!!! :clap:

SCALP EM!

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
I have a friend who lives in Corpus, who's son played for Danaher (03 & 04). This guy states that Danaher's salary is currently $110,000.00 and he does not have a masters degree. So a couple of things have to happen to get him, first remove the masters requirement and open up the checkbook. This guy is not going to move for 115 or 120. It is going to take 130-135 to get a guy who has been at one school as long as he has, plus the fact that he is 60 years old. He applied just to work a raise out of Calallen.
Like I said we are not going to get him, he is hoping to hand Calallen to his son when he retires. Then sit back and watch his grandkids play at Calallen, while his son coaches them. You can't blame him for that, Faircloth was by far the better choice for PNG, I tip my head dress to the committee, well done!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I have to state that I think the committee did an excellent job. They did just what we wanted: someone dynamic and intelligence, someone with no previous connections to PNG, and, most important, someone who wants to be here. I was told at the basketball game last night that he is excited and so is his wife. What an opportunity he has here and what support he'll get from the community. Does anyone know how many days until the first game?

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:
I have to state that I think the committee did an excellent job. They did just what we wanted: someone dynamic and intelligence, someone with no previous connections to PNG, and, most important, someone who wants to be here. I was told at the basketball game last night that he is excited and so is his wife. What an opportunity he has here and what support he'll get from the community. Does anyone know how many days until the first game?

Too many days if you ask me. I'm guessing the game will be August 29 but thats just a guess. Of course we will have scrimmages before that for sure!

NONS81

Justafan said:
I hope eveyone doesn't expect him to come in and go 10-0 his first yr. Its going to take some time.

I know everyone wants to see us bounce back quickly but realistically, would you say 3 to 5 yrs would be sufficient time? I certainly don't expect it before 3 yrs, but if it were to happen before then, that would be nice.... ;D

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
Justafan said:
I hope eveyone doesn't expect him to come in and go 10-0 his first yr. Its going to take some time.

I know everyone wants to see us bounce back quickly but realistically, would you say 3 to 5 yrs would be sufficient time? I certainly don't expect it before 3 yrs, but if it were to happen before then, that would be nice.... ;D

Agreed, its going to take a couple yrs. Not going to happen overnight, But if it does GREAT!!!!!!!!!

NONS81

Justafan said:
NDNS81 said:
Justafan said:

Agreed, its going to take a couple yrs. Not going to happen overnight, But if it does GREAT!!!!!!!!!

OM Gosh, we agreed on something!!! ;D See, I can post something positive... ;D

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores