Spring football

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
My apologies I saw him up on the outside lined up against a receiver. Was so hard trying to figure out who everyone was and where they were playing.
Always sufficient to generalize and expect to get it wrong sometimes. For example an outside linebacker in coverage might be confused as a db. In this case labeling Johnson as a db is close enough.

Thanks for the scrimmage reports. There is much to look forward to. And I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the 2023 team is better than last season. A bright future for PNG football is ahead, and here now.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Cabrera and Hernandez are both aggressive and quick defensive linemen who can seriously disrupt an offensive line. Both are 260+ pounds. 260+ that can move and will get after people.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The great teams are created in middle school
And the really great ones are generational. Many have either forgot about or never knew much about the 50s and 70s teams. Those eras had many outstanding football players that were just special. Not always the biggest or fastest, but they were great players. They won from junior high through high school. And for those reasons they will always hold a special place high on the historical pedestal.

90NDN

500+ Posts
Anyone know if any changes have been made at the middle school level with the new era of Coach Joseph?

100+ Posts
Will the stadium bleachers be open tomorrow, for watching the 7x7(s)? If so, is anyone here planning to go watch?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This team has direction/good coaching, confidence, determination, talent and is on a mission. Anything is possible this season.

100+ Posts
Will the stadium bleachers be open tomorrow, for watching the 7x7(s)? If so, is anyone here planning to go watch?
Yes they were, and yes I attended my first ever 7 on 7, tournament, as it were. BC and LCM were both there, but LCM appeared to be the only team that is active on whatever tournament trail there is, since they had numbered jerseys and specialty helmets.
All of the QBs had good arms, but PNG defenders had several interceptions, and PNG QBs threw no interceptions unless I missed one. The JV and varsity games were happening at the same time, on either end of the field.
Interesting game, very good practice for the receivers and D-backs.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. Very unusual to have such massive freshman and sophomore players that can dominate and are mobile . Both of those guys are going to be beasts by the time they’re seniors.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores