Sugar Coating Part Deux

NDN79

500+ Posts
Excellent post 1989NDN!! All of Indian Nation agrees with you!! We can win--We will win--and We will make the play-offs!

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
AMEN 1989NDN. We have a great coaching staff and our kids are putting in the hard work, effort and heart each and every week. We are so close to finding the right combinations on defense and when we do....look out! We will be a force to be reckoned with. It is amazing to see the different looks and adjustments our defensive staff makes from week to week and during the course of a game. It also is awesome to see how the offensive staff seems to find a way to exploit ANY weakness of opposing defenses and always seems to create a mismatch somewhere. It is no accident that we have players getting wide open all the time. It is also a credit to our kids that they are able to make all the adjustments from week to week and go out and execute.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Not only are these players motivated, tough, and determines, they're sharp as well. To be able to understand and adjust as they doing are is impressive.

ndn78

100+ Posts
NDNdad8520 you should be proud of your son, as long as in his heart he is giving it all than that is fine. I have always said there is nothing wrong with being beat by a better athelete.

Bark I was just behind you and heard some of those Etheridge speeches as well, still see him every so often. But if you remember one team made the playoffs, district champs. I think it should still be this way.

The world is to soft and worried about the "self esteem" generation. Remember the days when you tried out for little league, basketball etc, you did not get a uniform just because mommy and daddy could afford the entry fee. I remember as an 8 yr old facing a 12 yr old pitcher, suck it up and get it done or go home. I have 2 sons and 2 daughters, 1 son above average athelete and wound up on cruddy teams, other son had no ability and had room full of trophies because he was on good teams. same situation with daughters in their endevers.

I will support any young man or woman, band, cheer squad and indianette that puts on the purple and white, but I will voice my opinion when I dont think they are getting the job done. I'll be in the front of the line at any sports playoff games and will till I cant go no more. But you are not teaching a young person anything by only praising them and not coming down hard on them when they deserve it. We all have friends and relatives in their late 20's-40's and higher that still sponge off their parents to make ends meet and I blame the parents. Not everyone is the fastest, strongest, smartest or prettyist and the sooner our kids learn those lessons the better off they will be as adults.

Support them, engourage them but do not fill their heads with false expectations. Life is tough.

Go PNG!

15PNG

500+ Posts
ndn78 said:
NDNdad8520 you should be proud of your son, as long as in his heart he is giving it all than that is fine. I have always said there is nothing wrong with being beat by a better athelete.

Bark I was just behind you and heard some of those Etheridge speeches as well, still see him every so often. But if you remember one team made the playoffs, district champs. I think it should still be this way.

The world is to soft and worried about the "self esteem" generation. Remember the days when you tried out for little league, basketball etc, you did not get a uniform just because mommy and daddy could afford the entry fee. I remember as an 8 yr old facing a 12 yr old pitcher, suck it up and get it done or go home. I have 2 sons and 2 daughters, 1 son above average athelete and wound up on cruddy teams, other son had no ability and had room full of trophies because he was on good teams. same situation with daughters in their endevers.

I will support any young man or woman, band, cheer squad and indianette that puts on the purple and white, but I will voice my opinion when I dont think they are getting the job done. I'll be in the front of the line at any sports playoff games and will till I cant go no more. But you are not teaching a young person anything by only praising them and not coming down hard on them when they deserve it. We all have friends and relatives in their late 20's-40's and higher that still sponge off their parents to make ends meet and I blame the parents. Not everyone is the fastest, strongest, smartest or prettyist and the sooner our kids learn those lessons the better off they will be as adults.

Support them, engourage them but do not fill their heads with false expectations. Life is tough.

Go PNG!

Brilliant post ndn78...! I especially like this part "The world is to soft and worried about the "self esteem" generation."

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
15PNG said:
ndn78 said:

Go PNG!

Brilliant post ndn78...! I especially like this part "The world is to soft and worried about the "self esteem" generation."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ironic I was just talking to someone that played during the Ethridge era. I also am from the Ethridge era. One of the things him and I where talking about is the drive and discipline now verses back then. They are not the same I don't care how you look at it. Back then there was no such thing as I can't, I won't or I am hurt! If you fell down, you got back up and kept going. :eek:ld:

png tribe

100+ Posts
ndn78,

That was one of the best post I have ever read on here. Too many parent's don't hold their kid's accountable for their action's. I sit by a person whose son play's and you would swear that he is the greatest and never commit's a penalty or get's burned. There kid's and they are going to make mistake's. Hopefully they don't make the same mistake over and over.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Ndn78..I agree with a lot that you said about the younger generation of kids being soft. I am sure your dad had it a lot tougher than you did, I know mine did. The difference is that our dads didn't have a message board or the internet to get on to run their mouths about. Just think if old men got on the internet and called you out when you were playing. You were blessed to be at PNG during the glory years, when we had 500 plus students per class. Comparing the way the game is played now compared to back then, is like comparing checkers to chess. Ask Greg Davis how much the game has changed. I am sure the db's you talk to after every game are being coached and critiqued at a lot higher level than you can provide. Like other posters have stated, our defensive problems saturday were not all about the db's. I have two questions I would like to ask you. 1) Let's assume that everything you post on here is 100 percent correct. How does your posting this make one bit of difference in our defense's performance? Do you think you can" tough love" them into being better? 2) Do you think that our coaches are not continually making assesments and adjustments and depend on you to get on this board to let our defense know what they need to do to get better?

ndn78

100+ Posts
ndnsrock44 you are correct on all accounts, maybe I am being to tough on some of the kids, just the era I come from, believe in and what I feel has made me successful in my life. I just see a re-occuring theme through out the season of which I have not missed a game. If the best are playing and they are giving their all then I apologize for being to hard on them. I will continue to support all sports like I have in the past and do my best to lighten up, hard for me to do be I will do my best. I just hate to see such a potent offense not come up with the W's they deserve.

Go PNG!

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Png78..I know that you are very passionate about PNG football and I have been frustrated this season too. We just need to keep supporting them and like you said, I have no doubt that their shortcomings are not due to a lack of effort. Like I said in an earlier post, if we do get it together on defense....watch out! Ido really think we are getting close. Saturday our defense played really well in the first half before giving up that long td pass right before the half. If that receiver wouldn't have made a great play by chasing DJ down after his pick, I think we would have shut the door on them, but big MO swung to their side after that. Hopefully coming up with a big stop in ot will carry forward some momentum and confidence to build on the rest of the season.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
Once again ndnsrock44 ......... you are right on the money. Most INDIAN fans are just feeling frustrated at the moment , I too feel that frustration. However , our athlete`s are giving their best and we as fans just need to keep cheering them on. The next three weeks will be tough but I think BF and his staff will have the PURPLE & WHITE prepared. PN-G has a history of playing all 10 games no matter what. There is no doubt this group of kids will do the same.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I agree and it is clearly evident that the sports writers agree as all but one picked us to win. I am worried but know we can win if we play our game. Its all part of the Pride of Pride, Honor and Tradition. The Indians always give their best and never quit. I believe that totally.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
I too found it interesting that all but one sports writer picked us to beat LC-M. Everyone realizes our INDIANS have potential ............... never count the PURPLE & WHITE out !!!!!!

bark

1,000+ Posts
png tribe is right - no win this week = total colapse of the team. I know they have to feel terrible about the poor season they are having after such an incredible season last year. I have never coached, so I am definitely not experienced in evaluating talent, BUT this team seems like, on paper, is one of the most talented we have ever had.

Got to find a way to win. It will be interesting to see how many receive D1 scholarships.
I have a friend that coaches at LCM and they are really feeling good about their team and season. We talked yesterday and he said what most of us say about how much talent we have but relatively no success this year in wins. Big picture is what is in store for next year with so many starters leaving and 2nd teamers not having the opportunity to play because we are either losing or the score is tight. It will be interesting to see how the season unfolds. For the kids I hope they can turn it around somehow and win a couple of playoff rounds.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
"...poor season..." You got to be kidding! Yes, we lost some games but we were in those games until the last whistle. And the boys have given their all. What more can you ask.

bark

1,000+ Posts
In my opinion, 3-4 is a poor season and 2 ot's to beat Ozen (1 win?) is not a sign of good things. We have been close often W's and L's is what coaches are graded on.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
4 losses by a total of 17 points!!!! To me that is NOT a bad season. Do you want to go back 2 years ago when we were getting beat down every week with the equal amount of talent??? Bark, I am sorry your buddies lost there jobs but the Old staff could not of held the newier coaches jocks.....period!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores