Texas City @ Port Neches-Groves

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
They beat Dayton 35-7 a team we gave up 35 points to. I don’t see us scoring a lot against them and I don’t see us stopping them. Our offense will have to be unstoppable.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Depends on how the tiebreaker goes. Anybody know what determines that.
Its head to head in a two way tie and point differential in a 3 way or more tie. Nederland is way behind in that for now we need to win this week or lose well if that's a thing.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Nederland is way behind if the tie is between PNG, Nederland, and BH. If BH beats TC and we lose to TC, we are most likely out.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
If can pull the win out over tc basically wraps up #2 seed, with Nederland more than likely will lose to Crosby and would own tie breaker over tc and Bh. If lose maybe 4 seed with help or 5 seed and missing playoffs

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Given... With remaining games against Santa Fe and Nederland, Crosby finishes district 7-0.
Nederland will finish 4-3 with a loss to Crosby and a win over Santa Fe.

Best scenario.... PNG wins out (TC and Santa Fe) and is 5-2. Barbers Hill beats Texas City and finishes 5-2. PN-G finishes second with a tie breaker over BH.

Most complicated scenario... PNG, BH, Ned all finish 4-3 behind TC.

TeamCurrentRemaining Opp.
Texas City4-1PNGBH
Nederland3-2KPCrosby
PN-G3-2TCSF
Barbers Hill3-2DaytonTC

Davidp43

100+ Posts
if we lose is there still a possibility we make the playoffs?
If win we get #2 seed and another home game. Crosby-1,png-2, tc/bh-3,tc/bh-4. If lose depends on bh/tc outcome. We lose tc then tc beats bh Crosby-1, tc-2, png-3, bh-4. Lose to tc then bh beats tc Crosby-1,bh-2, tc-3,Nederland-4. Barring any major upsets

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Let's just win out. Get a round one home game, get some practice time for the underclassmen, and build for a strong 2022 season. Who knows maybe win a couple of playoff games and celebrate Thanksgiving at The Reservation on the football field. Starts with Texas City on Friday. Get the W. And, for God's sake, PLAY DEFENSE, make tackles, and play with effort for 48 minutes.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Thanks for the injury update. Here's to the kids playing well and nailing down a playoff spot. Good or not so good, they are our PN-G INDIANS. Go Indians.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. Nederland will finish 3-4 after a loss next week to Crosby.

PN-G and Barbers Hill can go 1-1 in their last two games and finish with a 4-3 record. TC is still in control of 2nd place at 4-1 with games remaining with PN-G and BH. Worst case even if TC loses both they still finish 4-3. Bulldogs are out of the picture unless they can pull off a miracle win against Crosby.

Indians with a shot to take 2nd place in district with 2 wins.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores