Vidor Game LIVE UPDATES

15PNG

500+ Posts
I'm just sick.......... I guess I pull full time for the longhorns now. ugh. My purple blood aches.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Game and season = over. 4 teams advance to the playoffs and PN-G will miss the playoffs. 3rd year QB, returning RB, returning OL, and we miss the playoffs ... frustrating. No creativity on offense and an inexperienced defense. Tough task to finish out with Lumberton, Central, and Ozen. We could finish 2-7. Ouch.

Go Indians. Peace.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
My Tenn Vols are also have a tough year, but here are the General Neylands Maxims still hold true today.

General Neyland's 7 Maxims

1. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.
2. Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way - SCORE.
3. If at first the game - or the breaks - go against you, don't let up... put on more steam.
4. Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.
5. Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle... for this is the WINNING EDGE.
6. Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.
7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes

I had to look up "OSKIE" :)

15PNG

500+ Posts
Had to take the wife out to dinner and a move - so didn't hear the game (not a PN-G grad, she's from Del Rio)....... what happened? Anyone have a quick update?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
Well, maybe we can pull off a "first win at the new stadium" against Lumberton next week ??? ???

That first win may have to wait until soccer season ... or the 2009 football season. But, as an optimist, I say work hard Indians, keep fighting, scrapping, battling, playing hard and having fun. Enjoy high school and do the best you can. Win, lose, or draw you are Indians and the fans and alumni are with you.

Go Indians. Peace.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
15PNG said:
Had to take the wife out to dinner and a move - so didn't hear the game (not a PN-G grad, she's from Del Rio)....... what happened? Anyone have a quick update?

Well, Vidor ran the ball up the middle during the first half and PN-G couldn't stop em.

The second half started off better, but as all year, fumbles kept us out of the game.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores