Vidor Game LIVE UPDATES

pngfan30

why? why do we never throw on first down? why don't we throw to our tight ends, we do this from 8th grade on with success, but when we get to varsity its never done. Friday night with out a doubt was the worst called game I've ever witnessed as a player or a fan, I know and every opposing coach knows what were going to do before we do it! The players can only do so much, they have to be prepared by their coaches, they have to be given a chance to play, why have seventy kids on the sideline when your only going to play 18. its time for a change!! thanks for the memorys MB, but its passed you up , its time for some new ideas

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
MHO, I think the problem is even more simple. All these boys have heard for the last year+ is "the fans'" obsessions about the new stadium. The emphasis has not been on the team, but instead on how much bigger and better will our stadium be than our opponents'. I've said it before, a stadium doesn't make the team. Our kids have played in some of the state's top stadiums down to glorified cow pastures, but our kids have always been our priority, not a stadium.

The seniors really feel let down. It started with the fire it up pep rally (if you want to call it that, I don't feel that the name suited that experience). All the senior traditions that they have spent years looking forward to have been tossed away for "our" stadium. The fact that a letter was sent home that announced the stadium's "grand opening" festivities wouldn't happen until next year was just another slap. These kids couldn't even have a complete working scoreboard for their first game. They don't feel important to the fans. It's all about the stadium.

If you don't believe it, ask them. They'll tell you. They have nothing to hide anymore. You needed to be at the gate as our young men left the field tonight. If their faces and tears didn't get to you, you are heartless. We as a district and fans haven't given them 100% as in years past and they deserve it just as much. If you don't agree, you are probably not involved with these kids on a daily basis. These are experiences and memories that can never be replaced.

Quote from: Coach Comeaux on Today at 12:26:37 AM
WAY TO GO PIRATES!!! 1 game at a time.

Well I believe we have the fumbles down to a minimum. We moved the ball well until we would commit a penalty. PN-G just looks flat. I have never seen a team from PN-G look so uninterested. Usually they have so much energy it is unreal. It is like they are going through the motions but hardly caring about the outcome. I am not bashing I am just giving my observations and do not mean to offend anyone. Vidor did come out in the first half and get the ball moving. We did not wait until the 2nd half to start throwing haymakers. They do have some very classy players. On several plays tonight I seen them help up our young men off the ground. My hat is off to them that is something that shows true sportsmanship no matter what the score board says. At times the PN-G O line looked very good and other times it looked like they took the play off... confused... It is like they are getting tired in the first half... Good luck the rest of the way Indians.

Again this isn't meant as bashing just what I seen tonight.

Okay, this may be heartfelt and honest but this is B.S. there is no way these kids "flat" because of the stadium or the fans. It is plain and simple this is COACHING. You have to get your players ready for the physical and mental aspects of the game. You don't play them until they are so tired they are taking plays off. You as a coach have to inspire them to play at their highest level, when you earn the kids respect you get 110%. When you call a third down pass play you call one that goes past the 1st down mark and you coach your recievers to go past the first down mark. I was trying to be nice last week but after this loss I can't. These kids are better than this, unfortunately our coaches haven't allowed for it. If the stadium thing has been a distraction for them it's not because of the fans, again it's the coaches they should be able to keep them focused through thick and thin. A perfect oppourtunity to teach these young men about overcoming adversity. I wish the best for the rest of the season, at this point I think we will be playing for pride! I will support our Indians all the way down to the last buzzer. Maybe we can win out?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDN fan 4ever said:
yankeedawg said:

IMHO, I think the problem is even more simple. All these boys have heard for the last year+ is "the fans'" obsessions about the new stadium. The emphasis has not been on the team, but instead on how much bigger and better will our stadium be than our opponents'. I've said it before, a stadium doesn't make the team. Our kids have played in some of the state's top stadiums down to glorified cow pastures, but our kids have always been our priority, not a stadium.

The seniors really feel let down. It started with the fire it up pep rally (if you want to call it that, I don't feel that the name suited that experience). All the senior traditions that they have spent years looking forward to have been tossed away for "our" stadium. The fact that a letter was sent home that announced the stadium's "grand opening" festivities wouldn't happen until next year was just another slap. These kids couldn't even have a complete working scoreboard for their first game. They don't feel important to the fans. It's all about the stadium.

If you don't believe it, ask them. They'll tell you. They have nothing to hide anymore. You needed to be at the gate as our young men left the field tonight. If their faces and tears didn't get to you, you are heartless. We as a district and fans haven't given them 100% as in years past and they deserve it just as much. If you don't agree, you are probably not involved with these kids on a daily basis. These are experiences and memories that can never be replaced.

I'm not buying that for a second. If anything, the seniors should have been more pumped than any in history, since they would have the honor of being the very first to defend the finest stadium in our corner of SE TX, "The Reservation". They will forever have the distiction of being the 1st senior class to ever step on that field. If they, instead, were listening to the excitement of the fans, and getting bummed out about that,then I think THAT may be a coaching issue. I beleive that our boys are inteligent enough to bring the excitement of the new stadium together with all of the other aspects of the season together, and become emotionally ready to play.

I think right now it comes down to momentum. Had we beat Ned, the pendelum would have been swinging the other way against Liv. and Snuff Gully. Instead, we lost those 2 and looking ahead, things aren't looking any easier.

Momentum... it can be awesome, or aweful.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
In my opinion, the problem this year is simple.... one word...... coaching.

If you really look at all the games closely, we have been flat all year. 2 of the 3 wins were accomplished on the errors of the other team, not a dominating performance by PN-G. We fumbled 4 times in Barbers Hill and were out played in Crosby until the 4th quarter. We were lucky to get out of both of those games with a win plain & simple. We were out matched & out coached by Nederland & Livingston (even with Livingston only suiting up 30 players).

I can not blame the stadium, although I do think we should have waited and unveiled a completed stadium. Whether the coaching focus has been on the new stadium rather than preparing the boys for a tough district, I can not say....I truly hope not.

My attention now turns to the hope that we can be a spoiler for some upcoming teams that are expecting a weak PN-G team. I pray that we put it to Lumberton. Those guys have one good season with a few big playoff wins and instantly think they are the new dynasty in 20-4A. I also hope we can get away with beating both Beaumont schools. At least that would give everyone some satisfaction as well as shakeup the playoff race which is really the only way we can play a part in this years playoffs.

Keep you heads high boys...... no matter what happens... YOU ARE INDIANS!!!!!

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
akifan94 said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
yankeedawg said:
NDNTime said:
I would love to start there, but I feel that we have talked about that issue a lot lately. It seems that we have a lot of talent sitting on the bench. We have size and speed standing on the sideline. I don't understand why and I never will. You can say that its because of coaches kids, or family friends, or sour relationships with coaches...whatever you want to say. But I feel the way that everyone else on this site feels, I say that we must play our best players. However, you can't get the best out of your players when you have them going both ways. Some players have the capability of going both ways, but the big guys in the trenches have to have a break.

With the way things are currently going for the Indians,I would strongly question whether your are in fact playing your "best" players. why are they considered the "best"...( does "best" mean statistics on paper, the strongest or fastest, the ones with the greatest desire??) ... how does one know that the kids riding the bench can't come in and make the big plays that you need. Please don't take my comment as being disrepectful or critical towards any of the players or coaches, because it isn't intended to come across that way...but I'd have to wonder.. if the "best" can't get it done, then maybe the "not the best" kids who bust their tails at practice and pray that they get into a game, can. Just my thought.

IMHO, I think the problem is even more simple. All these boys have heard for the last year+ is "the fans'" obsessions about the new stadium. The emphasis has not been on the team, but instead on how much bigger and better will our stadium be than our opponents'. I've said it before, a stadium doesn't make the team. Our kids have played in some of the state's top stadiums down to glorified cow pastures, but our kids have always been our priority, not a stadium.

I just cannot buy into that. Are you telling me we are losing because players are jealous of the pride the community has in the new stadium? That is ludicrous. I can promise you the fans would be there new stadium or not. The stadium can be a distraction, but let's not make it an excuse. Let's not put the fans being excited as an excuse for a season in which this team is struggling. I can assure the Nederland game was one of the more electric games I have been to. The fans were 110% behind these kids. They did not get beat 41-21 because of a freaking stadium. They did not get beat by Livingston due to a scoreboard glitch. I guess the stadium should have never been discussed, no pictures posted, no newspaper articles, no hoopla at all, no sense of pride for the community that we as tax payers are providing our student athletes with a top notch facility. That is crap.

It's called mental frustation - obviously you don't have a player on the team or you are not direcly involved with any of them - I heard a player after the game tell his one of his parents that he has had it - and this kid is a starter!!!! Not the mention the mental games these coaches are playing with some of these kids. Ask them, ask ALL of them - they have had enough of the "c r a p" shoved down their throats!!! How would you like to have played football since you were able to hold a football and the coaches pull some kid out of thin air - WHO HAS NEVER PLAYED IN HIS LIFE and coach tells you "You show him the plays"? I would tell the coaches to shove it - is what I would do... BUT that is not what this kid did, he did what he was asked to do because it was FOR the team!!! That shows integrity!!! But week after week they introduce a new play to the kid that stepped to help his team mate and make promises to him that will never materialize - EMPTY PROMISES!!! I think that would cause some frustration don't you!!!!

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
Multiply by 52 - the remainder of the kids on the team - plus the starters who are wondering where their relief is...and you have one hell of a frustrated team...

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of emotion is being mixed into these conversations. I also agree that the stadium should be no reason for any bad feelings or attitudes of players. The players are upset because they're losing period. And they're trying to identify reasons for why the dream of every PNG football class is fading.

Every year the top players start. And every other player wishes that he could play. The players on the field are the players that the coaches feel are the best to fill the position. That's the way teams are played at every level. Flag, youth tackle, middle school, high school, college and NFL. The starters play until late in the game and the game is out of reach. But of course parents never will appreciate or agree with that strategy.

akifan94

500+ Posts
MightyNDNS said:
akifan94 said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
yankeedawg said:
NDNTime said:
I would love to start there, but I feel that we have talked about that issue a lot lately. It seems that we have a lot of talent sitting on the bench. We have size and speed standing on the sideline. I don't understand why and I never will. You can say that its because of coaches kids, or family friends, or sour relationships with coaches...whatever you want to say. But I feel the way that everyone else on this site feels, I say that we must play our best players. However, you can't get the best out of your players when you have them going both ways. Some players have the capability of going both ways, but the big guys in the trenches have to have a break.

With the way things are currently going for the Indians,I would strongly question whether your are in fact playing your "best" players. why are they considered the "best"...( does "best" mean statistics on paper, the strongest or fastest, the ones with the greatest desire??) ... how does one know that the kids riding the bench can't come in and make the big plays that you need. Please don't take my comment as being disrepectful or critical towards any of the players or coaches, because it isn't intended to come across that way...but I'd have to wonder.. if the "best" can't get it done, then maybe the "not the best" kids who bust their tails at practice and pray that they get into a game, can. Just my thought.

I just cannot buy into that. Are you telling me we are losing because players are jealous of the pride the community has in the new stadium? That is ludicrous. I can promise you the fans would be there new stadium or not. The stadium can be a distraction, but let's not make it an excuse. Let's not put the fans being excited as an excuse for a season in which this team is struggling. I can assure the Nederland game was one of the more electric games I have been to. The fans were 110% behind these kids. They did not get beat 41-21 because of a freaking stadium. They did not get beat by Livingston due to a scoreboard glitch. I guess the stadium should have never been discussed, no pictures posted, no newspaper articles, no hoopla at all, no sense of pride for the community that we as tax payers are providing our student athletes with a top notch facility. That is crap.

It's called mental frustation - obviously you don't have a player on the team or you are not direcly involved with any of them - I heard a player after the game tell his one of his parents that he has had it - and this kid is a starter!!!! Not the mention the mental games these coaches are playing with some of these kids. Ask them, ask ALL of them - they have had enough of the "c r a p" shoved down their throats!!! How would you like to have played football since you were able to hold a football and the coaches pull some kid out of thin air - WHO HAS NEVER PLAYED IN HIS LIFE and coach tells you "You show him the plays"? I would tell the coaches to shove it - is what I would do... BUT that is not what this kid did, he did what he was asked to do because it was FOR the team!!! That shows integrity!!! But week after week they introduce a new play to the kid that stepped to help his team mate and make promises to him that will never materialize - EMPTY PROMISES!!! I think that would cause some frustration don't you!!!!

I don't need a kid on the team to know it is absolutely STUPID to suggest that the new stadium is the reason they are losing. WE are losing due to FIVE fumbles. WE are losing due to 2 int's returned for TD's to go along with more fumbles. Before this game we had the #2 QB, #2 and #3 RB's and #1 and #2 WR's in the district stats wise. But we only put up 14 points each game the last two weeks due to turnovers. That has nothing to due with who is playing, who knows what, or the damn stadium. I say if these kids have spent their whole life's playing football, then play. Don't make excuses and overcome whatever is in their way. Suck it up, hold onto the ball, and freaking play to win. Crying and complaining does not get you anywhere.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
akifan94 said:
MightyNDNS said:
akifan94 said:
NDN fan 4ever said:
yankeedawg said:
NDNTime said:

I don't need a kid on the team to know it is absolutely STUPID to suggest that the new stadium is the reason they are losing. WE are losing due to FIVE fumbles. WE are losing due to 2 int's returned for TD's to go along with more fumbles. Before this game we had the #2 QB, #2 and #3 RB's and #1 and #2 WR's in the district stats wise. But we only put up 14 points each game the last two weeks due to turnovers. That has nothing to due with who is playing, who knows what, or the damn stadium. I say if these kids have spent their whole life's playing football, then play. Don't make excuses and overcome whatever is in their way. Suck it up, hold onto the ball, and freaking play to win. Crying and complaining does not get you anywhere.

That's your opinion and we don't agree so let's leave it at that...

Last word on the subject, it is not only the one's that don't get to play that are frustrated - there are several reasons for the frustration and losing the last 3 games is a big part of it, on top of everything esle.

setxsports

Hey I think we should play Plano and Euless Trinity and then right after that I think we should play St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I have a question. What offensive schemes are we running at the other levels?? Why I am asking this is because I travel most weeks and can not make the Jr. High or Sub Varsity games. Last week one day I was riding by the Jr. High and they were out practicing so I decided to stop and watch. I watched for about 20-30 mins and all they ran was sweep left sweep right like the varsity. Can someone answer this?

pncoach

14PNG said:
Hey I think we should play Plano and Euless Trinity and then right after that I think we should play St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders.
It would not matter if we played the Fort Worth School of the Blind, with this coaching staff we would lose!!

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
pncoach said:
14PNG said:
It would not matter if we played the Fort Worth School of the Blind, with this coaching staff we would lose!!

Only if FWSOB used their seeing eye dogs. :ha:

Seriously though, ya'll have got to pull together. Outsiders ( including myself) read some of these posts and they get a really bad impression of what's going on over there. That's not good. You have to think of the kids who are out there practicing day in day out, busting their tails to give ya'll 60 minutes of football every Friday night. If I was a kid on the team and I read these threads, I'd feel a helluva lot worse than I already feel. Whether the season so far is the result of lack of motivation, poor coaching, new stadium or whatever, ya'll still need to stand behind these young men. Do it for the kids' sake.

Oldschool

Justafan said:
I have a question. What offensive schemes are we running at the other levels?? Why I am asking this is because I travel most weeks and can not make the Jr. High or Sub Varsity games. Last week one day I was riding by the Jr. High and they were out practicing so I decided to stop and watch. I watched for about 20-30 mins and all they ran was sweep left sweep right like the varsity. Can someone answer this?

Thats on Coach Burnett also in my honest opinion. If he is not gonna be accountable for the lack of creativity on his Varsity squad then why in the heck would he care about middle school? It starts from the 7th grade on to high school, you run the same plays regardless of success. If the coaches would invest their time not only on Varsity but at sub-varsity levels you would see more success. The Varsity coaches probably could care less about Junior High football.

I don't believe the community is not behind the kids but more so the coaching is where the discontent is at.
14PNG said:

I don't know why the heck you put this here but you just look silly. Makes no sense and you just lost credibility points with me.

pncoach

Since the new stadium is ADA I guess we would have to let the dogs on the field, that was dogs not dawgs. This is not just a coaching issue, this is also an administration and school board issue. Look, we have one of the lowest paid coaches in SE Texas at the 4A level at 75-78K annually. Nederland increased Neuman's salary to 110K after withdrawing from the LaMarque job which paid 114K. As long as there are butts on the numbers every Friday night and the program pays for itself as well as every other sport, nothing will be done. But, on the other hand, you get what you pay for. I have to believe that Mike Long is not making 75K over at Kelly.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pncoach said:
Since the new stadium is ADA I guess we would have to let the dogs on the field, that was dogs not dawgs. This is not just a coaching issue, this is also an administration and school board issue. Look, we have one of the lowest paid coaches in SE Texas at the 4A level at 75-78K annually. Nederland increased Neuman's salary to 110K after withdrawing from the LaMarque job which paid 114K. As long as there are butts on the numbers every Friday night and the program pays for itself as well as every other sport, nothing will be done. But, on the other hand, you get what you pay for. I have to believe that Mike Long is not making 75K over at Kelly.
OK, I will bite. I have just a couple of questions for everyone to think about: Why do these coaches all look sloppy and out of shape themselves? How can they teach good work skills to their players without demonstrating these good skills themselves? Please have them get in shape, tuck their shirts in and show good work habits.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I beleive we have alot of talent on this team. Do you all agree? Not because of Wrights off field sucess. This team has talent all over both sides of the ball. Now the question is why is it not being utilized? Were does the blame lay in this? Answer this yourself. Good Luck Indians this week beat Lumberton.
One more thing Ill never give up on these boys they are winners in my book. They can only do what there able to do. For what ever reasons.

pncoach

Squaw...what a great point, how many times have we all heard in our professional life, dress professional, work professional, dress like a slob, work like a slob. Maybe it has not been that blunt, but this is why business has a dress code, students have a dress code, what dress code do these coaches have. Again, like I previously stated the root cause goes much deeper, all the way to the administration. Dr. Randall, I'm calling you out to get on the head set next Friday night and yell down to the field and tell all of those fat coaches to tuck in their shirts.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores