Vidor Game LIVE UPDATES

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Well, ya know everyone smells blood now, and beating us at the Rez is just that much more sweeter, so we've gotta be prepared.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Do any of you former players, like myself, wish you could suit up and get in there? :punchingbag: Especially in times like these? I know I'd probably leave on stretcher now, but once an Indian, always in Indian. Maybe I'm just insane, but comfortable with it :crip: Go Indians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
15PNG said:
Do any of you former players, like myself, wish you could suit up and get in there? :punchingbag: Especially in times like these? I know I'd probably leave on stretcher now, but once an Indian, always in Indian. Maybe I'm just insane, but comfortable with it :crip: Go Indians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck yea, I would be good for one series as long as it wasn't a 90 yard drive! :crip:

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
What I see is the lack of fundamentals of the game. The kids seem to be lost. I have noticed this the past few years but it has drawn to a head this year.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Justafan said:
What I see is the lack of fundamentals of the game. The kids seem to be lost. I have noticed this the past few years but it has drawn to a head this year.
I just got in from the game and I saw a player begging for a coach to give him direction and, when it didn't arrive, a ball got fumbled and it literally cost us the game. The player was devastated, but it was not his fault. He should have been taught what to do or, if not that, at least given direction before the play. Case closed.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Well, I really don't know where to start with this one. I could start with the turnover fiasco. I could start with the play calling. I could start with the fact that Vidor was in the same formation almost the entire game. Or I could talk about our personnel problems. I really don't know where to begin...any suggestions?

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
NDNTime said:
Well, I really don't know where to start with this one. I could start with the turnover fiasco. I could start with the play calling. I could start with the fact that Vidor was in the same formation almost the entire game. Or I could talk about our personnel problems. I really don't know where to begin...any suggestions?

With 70 kids on the team, why are we only playing 18 - give these lineman some relief, for Pete's sake.....that is where I would start....

You can't go all night long playing both ways and get top performance out of these kids. Just not gonna happen....

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I would love to start there, but I feel that we have talked about that issue a lot lately. It seems that we have a lot of talent sitting on the bench. We have size and speed standing on the sideline. I don't understand why and I never will. You can say that its because of coaches kids, or family friends, or sour relationships with coaches...whatever you want to say. But I feel the way that everyone else on this site feels, I say that we must play our best players. However, you can't get the best out of your players when you have them going both ways. Some players have the capability of going both ways, but the big guys in the trenches have to have a break.

NDNGINEER

What is it going to take to get rid of MB...there is a reason why he has the most wins of any PNG coach...NO ONE else would pay him...I do not care if he is a "Good Old Boy" he has got to go and the vidor game proves it 6 different plays come on...3rd and long and DeRon sits the bench and you run a two yard stop route when you need 7 for a first...I know he is not the fastest, but what he lacks in speed he more than makes up for in heighth and hands...just through it up and let him go get it...IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE because what we are doing obviously is not working

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
NDNTime said:
I would love to start there, but I feel that we have talked about that issue a lot lately. It seems that we have a lot of talent sitting on the bench. We have size and speed standing on the sideline. I don't understand why and I never will. You can say that its because of coaches kids, or family friends, or sour relationships with coaches...whatever you want to say. But I feel the way that everyone else on this site feels, I say that we must play our best players. However, you can't get the best out of your players when you have them going both ways. Some players have the capability of going both ways, but the big guys in the trenches have to have a break.

I want to make it clear that I have no problem with coaches sons, nephews or cousins - Hell they can put their nieces out there playing if they can pull their weight. I feel that the coaches son that we do have on the team, deserves to be there, he is a good athlete. I truely do not understand what is going on. I feel that the kids out there are all very good, but I know for a fact that the backup players for both lines are just as good and it makes no sense not to play them and offer some relief to the other guys....just my 2 cents.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
MightyNDNS said:
NDNTime said:

I want to make it clear that I have no problem with coaches sons, nephews or cousins - Hell they can put their nieces out there playing if they can pull their weight. I feel that the coaches son that we do have on the team, deserves to be there, he is a good athlete. I truely do not understand what is going on. I feel that the kids out there are all very good, but I know for a fact that the backup players for both lines are just as good and it makes no sense not to play them and offer some relief to the other guys....just my 2 cents.

Oh I agree. He is a good athlete. I was just pointing out some of the excuses that are used. I believe, however, that there is a huge personnel problem. I personally believe that DeRon is an every down receiver. Why in the world is he NEVER in the game on 3rd downs. I don't care if he was in on 2nd down, leave him in on 3rd down. He has good hands and I know he was a helmet taller than any DB on Vidor. That idea is not rocket science. Its pretty simple if you ask me. But of course, the personnel problem is bigger than just the WR position.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
NDNTime said:

With the way things are currently going for the Indians,I would strongly question whether your are in fact playing your "best" players. why are they considered the "best"...( does "best" mean statistics on paper, the strongest or fastest, the ones with the greatest desire??) ... how does one know that the kids riding the bench can't come in and make the big plays that you need. Please don't take my comment as being disrepectful or critical towards any of the players or coaches, because it isn't intended to come across that way...but I'd have to wonder.. if the "best" can't get it done, then maybe the "not the best" kids who bust their tails at practice and pray that they get into a game, can. Just my thought.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
yankeedawg said:
NDNTime said:

With the way things are currently going for the Indians,I would strongly question whether your are in fact playing your "best" players. why are they considered the "best"...( does "best" mean statistics on paper, the strongest or fastest, the ones with the greatest desire??) ... how does one know that the kids riding the bench can't come in and make the big plays that you need. Please don't take my comment as being disrepectful or critical towards any of the players or coaches, because it isn't intended to come across that way...but I'd have to wonder.. if the "best" can't get it done, then maybe the "not the best" kids who bust their tails at practice and pray that they get into a game, can. Just my thought.

Well to be totally honest with you. I have no way to judge the talent that is on the team. I can't make it to practice to see just what our players can do. I have to trust the observations of the coaches. But like I said earlier, we can't get the best out of our players when they are completely worn out.

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
yankeedawg said:
NDNTime said:

IMHO, I think the problem is even more simple. All these boys have heard for the last year+ is "the fans'" obsessions about the new stadium. The emphasis has not been on the team, but instead on how much bigger and better will our stadium be than our opponents'. I've said it before, a stadium doesn't make the team. Our kids have played in some of the state's top stadiums down to glorified cow pastures, but our kids have always been our priority, not a stadium.

The seniors really feel let down. It started with the fire it up pep rally (if you want to call it that, I don't feel that the name suited that experience). All the senior traditions that they have spent years looking forward to have been tossed away for "our" stadium. The fact that a letter was sent home that announced the stadium's "grand opening" festivities wouldn't happen until next year was just another slap. These kids couldn't even have a complete working scoreboard for their first game. They don't feel important to the fans. It's all about the stadium.

If you don't believe it, ask them. They'll tell you. They have nothing to hide anymore. You needed to be at the gate as our young men left the field tonight. If their faces and tears didn't get to you, you are heartless. We as a district and fans haven't given them 100% as in years past and they deserve it just as much. If you don't agree, you are probably not involved with these kids on a daily basis. These are experiences and memories that can never be replaced.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
squaw said:
Justafan said:
I just got in from the game and I saw a player begging for a coach to give him direction and, when it didn't arrive, a ball got fumbled and it literally cost us the game. The player was devastated, but it was not his fault. He should have been taught what to do or, if not that, at least given direction before the play. Case closed.

Agreed, I was standing against the fence next to the endzone during this play. The kid was beggin the coaches for some guidance. Basic fundamentals of the game, and that starts at a earlier level.

Below is a post from another site from a Vidor fan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Coach Comeaux on Today at 12:26:37 AM
WAY TO GO PIRATES!!! 1 game at a time.

Well I believe we have the fumbles down to a minimum. We moved the ball well until we would commit a penalty. PN-G just looks flat. I have never seen a team from PN-G look so uninterested. Usually they have so much energy it is unreal. It is like they are going through the motions but hardly caring about the outcome. I am not bashing I am just giving my observations and do not mean to offend anyone. Vidor did come out in the first half and get the ball moving. We did not wait until the 2nd half to start throwing haymakers. They do have some very classy players. On several plays tonight I seen them help up our young men off the ground. My hat is off to them that is something that shows true sportsmanship no matter what the score board says. At times the PN-G O line looked very good and other times it looked like they took the play off... confused... It is like they are getting tired in the first half... Good luck the rest of the way Indians.

Again this isn't meant as bashing just what I seen tonight.

akifan94

500+ Posts
NDN fan 4ever said:
yankeedawg said:
NDNTime said:

IMHO, I think the problem is even more simple. All these boys have heard for the last year+ is "the fans'" obsessions about the new stadium. The emphasis has not been on the team, but instead on how much bigger and better will our stadium be than our opponents'. I've said it before, a stadium doesn't make the team. Our kids have played in some of the state's top stadiums down to glorified cow pastures, but our kids have always been our priority, not a stadium.

The seniors really feel let down. It started with the fire it up pep rally (if you want to call it that, I don't feel that the name suited that experience). All the senior traditions that they have spent years looking forward to have been tossed away for "our" stadium. The fact that a letter was sent home that announced the stadium's "grand opening" festivities wouldn't happen until next year was just another slap. These kids couldn't even have a complete working scoreboard for their first game. They don't feel important to the fans. It's all about the stadium.

If you don't believe it, ask them. They'll tell you. They have nothing to hide anymore. You needed to be at the gate as our young men left the field tonight. If their faces and tears didn't get to you, you are heartless. We as a district and fans haven't given them 100% as in years past and they deserve it just as much. If you don't agree, you are probably not involved with these kids on a daily basis. These are experiences and memories that can never be replaced.

I just cannot buy into that. Are you telling me we are losing because players are jealous of the pride the community has in the new stadium? That is ludicrous. I can promise you the fans would be there new stadium or not. The stadium can be a distraction, but let's not make it an excuse. Let's not put the fans being excited as an excuse for a season in which this team is struggling. I can assure the Nederland game was one of the more electric games I have been to. The fans were 110% behind these kids. They did not get beat 41-21 because of a freaking stadium. They did not get beat by Livingston due to a scoreboard glitch. I guess the stadium should have never been discussed, no pictures posted, no newspaper articles, no hoopla at all, no sense of pride for the community that we as tax payers are providing our student athletes with a top notch facility. That is crap.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores