What an embarassment....

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
Goes anyone know if the fighting event is being brought to the attention of UIL. Or if UIL is already aware of the fight and looking into it??? :duel:

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
EX79NDN said:
Goes anyone know if the fighting event is being brought to the attention of UIL. Or if UIL is already aware of the fight and looking into it??? :duel:

The only thing I heard was that the officials had looked at the game film to see if they could determined how it started....that all I have heard.

map40

First of all, this thread was started to discuss what happened Sat. night--not the bond. It's a done deal people. Yes, it's ridiculous to have a high school stadium with a press box that looks like freakin' Kyle Field, but therein lies the priorities.
With regard to MB, he is a kind man and this isn't personal. But the fact remains, teachers are held accountable for academic success, so a coach should also be held accountable for athletic success (or lack thereof). With that being said, the obvious problem does start with the middle school programs. I am an '85 alumni and the middle school programs were strong then. It has to start there.

With regard to punishment for what occured Saturday---BOTH teams (players and coaches) are at fault. There should be some immediate repercussions for such embarassing, outrageous behavior! UIL should be involved! And, even though Central played "dirty" the whole game, a PN player started the violence. Let's speak the truth people! Yes, some tension ocurred with Nederland this year when they played Central, but someone should have pursued things through appropriate channels then, rather than ignoring it. People, football is something to be proud of, excited about, etc. But, it isn't the be all end all. These young men need to be learning about becoming mature, responsible, and socially respectable young men. Sports aren't meant to be controversial. As adults, if we don't convey that message, who will? I would even go so far as to say adults have molded the aggressive mentality. If my son ran on that field to participate in the brawl, it would be a long time before he saw the light of day!!! :flaming:

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
map40 said:
First of all, this thread was started to discuss what happened Sat. night--not the bond. It's a done deal people. Yes, it's ridiculous to have a high school stadium with a press box that looks like freakin' Kyle Field, but therein lies the priorities.
With regard to MB, he is a kind man and this isn't personal. But the fact remains, teachers are held accountable for academic success, so a coach should also be held accountable for athletic success (or lack thereof). With that being said, the obvious problem does start with the middle school programs. I am an '85 alumni and the middle school programs were strong then. It has to start there.

With regard to punishment for what occured Saturday---BOTH teams (players and coaches) are at fault. There should be some immediate repercussions for such embarassing, outrageous behavior! UIL should be involved! And, even though Central played "dirty" the whole game, a PN player started the violence. Let's speak the truth people! Yes, some tension ocurred with Nederland this year when they played Central, but someone should have pursued things through appropriate channels then, rather than ignoring it. People, football is something to be proud of, excited about, etc. But, it isn't the be all end all. These young men need to be learning about becoming mature, responsible, and socially respectable young men. Sports aren't meant to be controversial. As adults, if we don't convey that message, who will? I would even go so far as to say adults have molded the aggressive mentality. If my son ran on that field to participate in the brawl, it would be a long time before he saw the light of day!!! :flaming:

Discussion board - some topics lead to other things and the bond is an embarrassment also.....

Did you see something that the rest of us missed, because so far, no one has been able to determine who started it.

map40

Heard it from someone that was on the sidelines (not a player and not a coach). I trust this source. So--someone said tonight to me that Central forfeited the game, but that's not what I understood. They also said they wouldn't be going to the playoffs? Does anyone else know anything about this???

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
map40 said:
Heard it from someone that was on the sidelines (not a player and not a coach). I trust this source. So--someone said tonight to me that Central forfeited the game, but that's not what I understood. They also said they wouldn't be going to the playoffs? Does anyone else know anything about this???

I believe this info came from the refs at the game. A couple of them told our players after the game Fri nite that Central would be disqualified. But it is my understanding that the refs cannot make that decision, it must come from the UIL. From what I've heard, any possible sanctions on either team will be applied next season. Most likely probation, unless film review shows possible assault charges, then those would be levied on the individual(s).

allstarmom

100+ Posts
I think the agenda was posted before the game. I am pretty sure that it has to be posted a certain number of days in advance. I am not sure what that time frame is, but I am almost positive it is more than 4 days.

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
Not to make light of the fight, I thought of this movie over the weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RfMVu-bfng

NDN X

100+ Posts
allstarmom said:
I think the agenda was posted before the game. I am pretty sure that it has to be posted a certain number of days in advance. I am not sure what that time frame is, but I am almost positive it is more than 4 days.

that's what I thought as well. thanks allstar. Keep us posted!! You seem to be "in the know."

ndnwarrior

My wife captured the fight on video, but I will NOT post on youtube. That is ridiculous! What happens at the Reservation, stays at the Reservation!

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
Trust me it will get on youtube one way or another. I am not saying it needs to be on there but it will. I am just shocked it has been put up yet.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Cheermom4 said:
Trust me it will get on youtube one way or another. I am not saying it needs to be on there but it will. I am just shocked it has been put up yet.

I guess we will see.

NDNMOM

I have heard from some reliable sources that one of our players will be getting some type of "disciplinary" action not to say what type...and we will have to forfeit one possibly two of our first games for next year. If I hear more will pass it on. I am not sure about central but possibly not going to playoffs but was talking with a Lumberton parent and last they heard they were playing. so we will see. Lumberton plays Dayton tomorrow night in Humble.

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
NDNMOM said:
I have heard from some reliable sources that one of our players will be getting some type of "disciplinary" action not to say what type...and we will have to forfeit one possibly two of our first games for next year. If I hear more will pass it on. I am not sure about central but possibly not going to playoffs but was talking with a Lumberton parent and last they heard they were playing. so we will see. Lumberton plays Dayton tomorrow night in Humble.

Forfeit district games or pre season games?

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
Why make next year's team suffer for what this team did? I really believe that is not going to happen.....An as far as MB getting hit by a Central player is totally false.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores