WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

JB

PNG
When I make comments on this board, I try and stay positive because I love the privilege of wearing purple and white; however, I have a few comments about last night's MCM experience that I would like to share.

With less than three minutes to go in the game Section H was CLEARED OUT and all you "die hard fans" that just have to be on the fifty yard line seemed to be making an early exit too! I guess you were trying to "beat the crowd!" Would the crowd have been a concern had we been in the lead.

I would have liked more than anyone to have won that game but that is why the game is played. I see a lot of criticism of our players and coaches here this morning. Think about the PNG seniors that woke up this morning and what they have to face. How disappointed are they to have lost to Nederland their junior and senior years?!

The only think more disappointing was when they looked to the stands when the clock hit zero and saw the Indian Faithful were nowhere to be found.

You better check yourself before you place criticism or blame! To those of you that made an early exit last night... you people are PATHETIC

wacape

100+ Posts
You count on this subject to come up EVERY season. I'm 100% behind ya,JB but you're spitting in the wind on this one. No matter how much we rant and rave about the quick exiters on here....it's gonna happen. I don't know if it's because people want to beat the traffic or it's past their bedtime or what. But if you're gonna pay to watch a game, get your freakin money's worth for it or don't make the effort to get in the stands in the first place! :angry: :angry: :angry:

ndn78

100+ Posts
None of your business why people leave early, some shift work and have to get up early, some may have prior commitments, some are elderly and need to leave and some may not want to watch pathetic coaching. I stayed and don;t care who leaves. How many years you been traveling all over the state, sitting through storms with only 100 people in the stand while losing? I 'I've got 35+ years and counting. They have a right to leave if they want to they don't call or run the plays. Get a life. If a player needs fans to get him motivated he needs more self motivation, I never cared who was watching when i played.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
ndn78 said:
None of your business why people leave early, some shift work and have to get up early, some may have prior commitments, some are elderly and need to leave and some may not want to watch pathetic coaching. I stayed and don;t care who leaves. How many years you been traveling all over the state, sitting through storms with only 100 people in the stand while losing? I 'I've got 35+ years and counting. They have a right to leave if they want to they don't call or run the plays. Get a life. If a player needs fans to get him motivated he needs more self motivation, I never cared who was watching when i played.
Nice !

JB

PNG
NDN78,

On behalf of the Indian nation I would like to thank you for all your years of dedicated service to the PNG Indians. I just wish that there was some way to repay you for all of the sacrifices that you've made and all that you have had to endure. What a life of service you've lived. Everyone, lets give NDN78 a round of applause.

Oh, and thank you for hanging around last night until the end of the game. I'm sure your unwavering support and good attitude were enjoyed by all... What a joke!!!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I didn't like the "pathetic coaching" comment. 78, if you think you can do better, then get your fanny out there and get yourself a coaching job and show everyone how to do it right! I'd take BF's coaching ANY day. If you don't like the way it's being done here, no prob...Nederland's not that far away...head on over there! We could do without fans like you.
It's ALWAYS easier to make the right decision the day after.

1310TheTicket

JB said:
To those of you that made an early exit last night... you people are PATHETIC

So my step-father who coached under Ethridge, Troy, Malone, Owen, Burnett and pretty much dedicated his life to PN-G football is pathetic??? Please... tap the break a little there pal.

75NDNDB

:shout:: I am guilty of exiting the game early at times with a good lead or behind beyond a comeback. I drive 58 miles one way to every home game and dont get home till about 11:30. Have to get up at 4:00 am. I appologize that I wont be asking anyones oppinion to leave the game early or when I choose. Please dont judge others decisions. No one loves the game more than I. I played on the 75' championship team and and earned my right to be part of THE tribe with spilled blood on the field. (Mostly the opponents. lol!) I am committed to watching the boys play as much as possible. I really resent the (pathetic) comment made. Do we really need to discuss this further? :punchingbag:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
1310TheTicket said:
JB said:

So my step-father who coached under Ethridge, Troy, Malone, Owen, Burnett and pretty much dedicated his life to PN-G football is pathetic??? Please... tap the break a little there pal.

Get used to it. There are a lot of PERFECT folks on here that don't really exist.

JB

PNG
Think back 20, 25 or 30 years ago.

What did the crowd look like when the clock hit zero?... It was packed; no one left early win or lose! PNG was known for that. At one time it was a source of pride and tradition. Remember!

You can make all the excuses you want. Your guilt comes from the fact that you know your wrong. Those kids are playing hard for you and this community and you owe them the same courtesy that was shown to you back in your "glory days." That is the truth!

hookem14

100+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
1310TheTicket said:
JB said:

Get used to it. There are a lot of PERFECT folks on here that don't really exist.
JB said:

What did the crowd look like when the clock hit zero?... It was packed; no one left early win or lose! PNG was known for that. At one time it was a source of pride and tradition. Remember!

You can make all the excuses you want. Your guilt comes from the fact that you know your wrong. Those kids are playing hard for you and this community and you owe them the same courtesy that was shown to you back in your "glory days." That is the truth!
WOW !!!

hookem14

100+ Posts
JB said:

Back in my “Glory Days”, as BJ called it, I could not have told you if there were 20, 200, 2000, or 12000 fans in the stands. I wasn’t looking, nor did I care, and I feel like I speak for all the players I played with. We were concentrating on the game at hand and that’s where our focus was, not on who was coming and going in the stands. We were there to play football, not count fans. If the kids nowadays are worried about anything other than what is going on on the field, then that is a problem in itself. Too many of you are WAY OVEREACTING to the fans leaving early thing.

ndn78

100+ Posts
Proud, I'm not going anywhere and will continue to support PNG as long as I live and tell the kids great job, either praise or question the coaching staff when I feel it is justified. I guess you have not read any of the other threads or the one that was deleted. Single me out if it makes you feel better. This was not about Friday night,, something has changed since his first year, many people say it off this board but will not in public because they are afraid of getting chastised. I like Faircloth, see him fairly often and hope he stays but when you make bad choices in his role the heat comes with the job.

Go PNG!

75NDNDB

Amen hookem14! Actually I remember shutting the crowd noise out of my mind just to stay focused on the game. I too didnt care or payed no attention to how many left early. Never saw it as disrespect if they did. I know my dad and lots of folks would leave the game early to beat the traffic and I never thought anything of it. I guess we were that into playing the game to worry about what the crowd was doing.

bark

1,000+ Posts
1310TheTicket said:
JB said:

Coach Cobb?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
You're right, something has changed from 2OO9-2010 seasons. One of the best offensive lines and QBs in PNG history graduated.

JB said:

I was 11-14 years old back during "the Glory Days" and it was great but people poured out of the stands early back then too. My parents always stayed to the end and I can remember them talking about the people leaving early if we were going to lose. It has always happened and always will happen. Really the thing to be proud of (other than the kids and the Tradition of our school district) is the fact that we put that many butts in the stands at all! Look across the field at most of the games we play. those schools have the same or larger enrollments as us and they just cant generate the support we enjoy and sometimes take for granted. Personally I like to stay until the clock shows 0:00. But, If somebody wants to leave early let them do what thay want and thank them for showing up in the first place.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores