Bi-District Round, PN-G 37, Brenham 7

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Brenham leads the series against PN-G 2-1.

2006Brenham 33, PN-G 9
2009Brenham 27, PN-G 21
2022PN-G 38, Brenham 28

88615fd2384342ac732c9d7c25c89eb3--school-spirit-book-jacket.jpg

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A cursory look at season stats shows Brenham is no offensive slouch. Equally adept at running or throwing the ball, they average 376 yards per game, 197 running on the ground and 178 passing.

On defense they can create havoc with 62 tackles for a loss, 24 sacks, and 9 interceptions.

The Indians would do well to run high percentage plays, hang onto the ball and burn clock while scoring on most opportunities. On defense, prevent the big yardage plays while playing typical tough run defense, and force some turnovers.

Simple formula, more difficult to execute. Especially from an armchair.

Prediction:
PN-G 35, Brenham 21

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I think we will take the air out of the ball
This is a strategy I particularly love
Everyone loves high flying offense
I’m not against that
But I’m a “cloud of dust” fan
Although won’t be much dust tonight haha

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
This PNG team is focused and determined. Losing in the State Finals has motivated this team to get back there and do the unthinkable--SHOCK THE WORLD and bring that title back to the REZ. It starts tonight. Only one team can move on. That team will be wearing PURPLE and WHITE. One game at a time with the eye on the ultimate prize--football immortality. LET'S RIDE!!!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Brenham is much better than the competition that PN-G has played since FBM and Texas City. PN-G will have its hands full. Brenham's QB reminds me of the FBM QB from last year. Slippery and hard to get on the ground. He can throw it well. Brenham has two or three backs that present problems in open space, and they have a few trick plays in the playbook. They did a WR throwback to the QB vs. Huntsville that was well executed for a TD. I hope the weather is dry and PN-G can control the tempo with a strong running game.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Brenham is much better than the competition that PN-G has played since FBM and Texas City. PN-G will have its hands full. Brenham's QB reminds me of the FBM QB from last year. Slippery and hard to get on the ground. He can throw it well. Brenham has two or three backs that present problems in open space, and they have a few trick plays in the playbook. They did a WR throwback to the QB vs. Huntsville that was well executed for a TD. I hope the weather is dry and PN-G can control the tempo with a strong running game.

IMO the toughest first round opponent we have faced in many years. However, I am still pretty confident provided: (1) We do not take them too lightly (as Justafan has noted); (2) We hold on to the ball in the wet conditions; and (3) The defense performs as it has all year.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
2 TDs for Adams 14-0

We’re demoralizing them so far. They even know what play we’re calling and they can’t stop us.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores