Defense

Ok I'm 100% kidding but on a serious note I miss his defenses. A Burnett coached team never tackled this bad. I hope they work on tackling drills all week this week cause we owe Texas city from last season.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Re: Bring back Burnett!!!

The Indians this season have alot of new guys it will take time to gel together I really was concerned about this game after i researched Crosby's stats from week zero and talked to some people who saw the game and said how fast and physical they were. After last weeks game its hard to get up and play as hard as you should.

wacape

100+ Posts

Paraphrasing Muhammad Ali..."You can't tackle smoke!" You can run tackle drills 24 hours a day up until Friday and you STILL can't prepare for an opposition who's running backs were there and then they weren't. We HAD to stop Crosby's RB's before they got started because with a combination of their speed and moves....it's over when they get past the line.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

I have total confidence that Coach will make appropriate changes as needed, just like he ALWAYS has, since being here. If you recall, there's was the same noise about defense last yr. too, until changes were made, then the entire season turned around. I'm really not too concerned right now. Call me a loyalist, or whatever, but right now, the odds are most definitely in Faircloth's/PNG's favor.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts

PNG Proud said:
I have total confidence that Coach will make appropriate changes as needed, just like he ALWAYS has, since being here. If you recall, there's was the same noise about defense last yr. too, until changes were made, then the entire season turned around. I'm really not too concerned right now. Call me a loyalist, or whatever, but right now, the odds are most definitely in Faircloth's/PNG's favor.

Well said. IMO - Non district games are just for these type of scenarios. You try to schedule other teams that will challenge you and show you things (on both sides of the ball) that will test your players and force them to think outside of the box. Sometimes, a close loss like this early in the season serves a purpose and will make these young men hungry which can carry them through the rest of the season.

I too believe that Coach Faircloth will have these young men ready for district and we will be participating in football games well after November 4th.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

100% confidence in this coaching staff and players. They're going to practice and play with heart, sustain intensity, and perfect their execution. THEY HAVE BEEN CHALLENGED AND WILL RESPOND.

indian17

Give me a freaking break people... especially (HPT), lose one game by 1 point to a team that has more speed than us... I wish everyone that made comments about how the team is coached would go to the booster club meetings and listen to coach Faircloth talk about how they coach the defense and commends the players on how well they listen and play.

We will be just fine, it's good to play teams with great speed, size etc and possibly lose by one point. It makes us better and we will be well prepared for district play.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Honor Pride Tradition said:
Ok I'm 100% kidding but on a serious note I miss his defenses. A Burnett coached team never tackled this bad. I hope they work on tackling drills all week this week cause we owe Texas city from last season.

Coach Burnett was just one component. Cobb, Pachuka, and the other excellent coaches that were there deserve just as much credit.

Burnett's time is over.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Thank you for changing the name of this thread! I realize it was a joke but we all know outsiders troll this board looking for stuff just like that! Of course we were all a bit let down with the loss but I have 100% faith in our coach and this team! I could tell at the BC meeting that he knew Crosby would give us a real test, and they did, and we will be better because of it! I mean, how does a team know where its weaknesses are unless they are exposed? Crosby's were exposed week 0, and they corrected, ours were exposed Fri night, and we will correct and show Texas City just who we are.....PN-G!!!!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
MB
95-66 total (0.5900 W%)
30-7 with Dustin Long (0.8108 W%)
65-59 without Dustin Long (0.52419 W%)

Those good MB defenses tasted defeat about half the time. Losing 14-7 or 19-12 or 22-19 and "playing great defense" is still a L in the record book.

BF
20-7 total (through 2 games in 2011; 0.740740 W%)

The Indians will be just fine at a 70+% winning clip. In the 2 games I saw this season, the defense played well against a terrible GP team, and they played up and down vs. Crosby. Crosby's QB and shifty RB hurt us, but if the Indians do a better job on containment and get some gang tackling around the ball, all will be well. Crosby wasn't world beaters, but they controlled the line of scrimmage...the Indians will watch the video, correct things, and be just fine. The effort and will to win is there. Kids are playing their butts off. The Indians are small on defense, and winning the line of scrimmage game in and game out will be a fight each week. The PN-G D just needs to get the scrappy attitude back and get as many defenders to the ball as possible. We're 1-1 and 2-pts away from being 2-0. PN-G is not facing an 80-game losing streak with 2 early season blow-outs in the record books. Don't get too high or too low...things will get corrected and PN-G will be in the thick of things during district. The Indians are not playing the little sisters of the poor or 2a and 3a talent pools. They played a terrible 4a team, a decent 4a team, and now Texas City comes next...another decent and historically good 4a program. The pre-district schedule is on top of a Memorial scrimamge that PN-G needed to see and experience. All of the pre-season and pre-district games are building blocks for a solid foundation that will be stood upon come time for district games. Memorial, Crosby, and Texas City will have PN-G well prepared to play good programs like Livingston, Nederland, LC-M, Cental, Ozen, Vidor, and Lumberton. Good things will happen for PN-G in 2011...just need to stay healthy, hungry, and humble.

Go Indians. Peace.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
MB was a good defensive coach...and he had good coaches on defense as assistants like Terry Cobb and George Pachuca. He got kids excited to play defense and to go blow someone up, he had a knack for calling the right blitz or right scheme at the right time, he was not afraid to gamble and go get the QB, and his teams usually played good defense. It was rare for a MB team to get totally blown off the field...even when we were out-talented or out-manned, his teams fared well on defense. But, the ground and pound offense drove me nuts. Playing good defense and losing is, well, still a loss. Love Coach Faircloth's system, enthusiam, passion, and willingness to let it all hang out on offense...throw the ball around, spread it out, throw in a misdirection run, call up a power run, spread it out, throw a flare, fake a draw and throw it deep, etc. Love the playcalling and variety. And, we still have good defenses...when given a chance, they make some plays...remember Central in 2009, Ozen last year, Willis last year, and even the Manvel game...we made a stop and had a chance at the end. What more can you ask for? PN-G will be fine in 2011. I just hope we can hang on to Coach Faircloth and some other program does not steal him away. We need to build that indoor multi-purpose facility and have a 10-year run of kids streaming through his system come rain or shine.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDNmom91 said:
Thank you for changing the name of this thread! I realize it was a joke but we all know outsiders troll this board looking for stuff just like that! Of course we were all a bit let down with the loss but I have 100% faith in our coach and this team! I could tell at the BC meeting that he knew Crosby would give us a real test, and they did, and we will be better because of it! I mean, how does a team know where its weaknesses are unless they are exposed? Crosby's were exposed week 0, and they corrected, ours were exposed Fri night, and we will correct and show Texas City just who we are.....PN-G!!!!

My apologies to the current coaching staff for not doing it sooner. I hate to edit opinions but the more I saw the title, the more inappropriate it seemed.

No offense to Coach Burnett, but the current PN-G coaching staff need not look back in time to compare their efforts. The football program has improved in leaps and bounds in the past three years. PNG teams underachieved for quite a while prior to Faircloth arriving.

Each year is a new challenge for coaches. They don't decide the level of size, speed or talent. Some seasons will be better than others. And some schools will always have more than others.

But certain things are a given for PNG teams in the past and now. They will play with pride and above any physical limitations. A good PN-G team's advantage has always been good coaching and play execution. The first half of that equation is here. The second half is under construction as is expected after only 2 games.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
Wow! I'm thankful Football is a team sport! These Indians will bounce back.There has got to be something said for working hard and believing you can!Many many times the bigger and faster have been beaten with the mental attitude.That"s what makes it so special to play as a team.2011 Indians will make their mark!Maybe we should remember The Alamo!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I HATE to lose, but realize that we're going to be just fine. In case some of the posters don't know, the 75 team that won our last state championship was defeated in preseason play by South Houston. We played again in bi-district and overwhelmingly whipped them. This loss means nothing in the scheme of things. I'm kinda glad that the players now know how bad it feels to lose. I'd hate to be in Texas City
s shoes right not cause our boys will be fired up. So will the fans!

bark

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:
I HATE to lose, but realize that we're going to be just fine. In case some of the posters don't know, the 75 team that won our last state championship was defeated in preseason play by South Houston. We played again in bi-district and overwhelmingly whipped them. This loss means nothing in the scheme of things. I'm kinda glad that the players now know how bad it feels to lose. I'd hate to be in Texas City
s shoes right not cause our boys will be fired up. So will the fans!

Yea, in fact we won 27 straight -2nd game of '75 then last (14th) game of '76.

For those that want to Faircloth is collecting donations for the "75 state champ. sign to be put up with '53 & '55. $5,000 is the number needed. I don't know how that figure is arrived at but those guys do.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores