Disturbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschool

Re: PN-G superintendent Randall to retire
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 12:21:52 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: bandkid on June 04, 2010, 04:32:54 PM
Please tell me this doesn't have anything to do with the rumors regarding Coach Faircloth or the criticism on this board....

In my opinion, Dr. Randall has been an excellent superintendent and will be hard to replace.

In fact, it really does. She was planning to retire within the next three years. However, due to the last two elections changing the makeup of the Board she has decided to move it up. This new Board has done nothing but criticize a great administration behind the scenes. Yes, publicly they will say one thing but in private they criticize everything PNG has done. I worry that the District is in for a rude awaking. This group talks a good game, but will destroy this district with their political games. We now have to rely on them to pick a superintendent in the middle of this economic crisis right at budget time and at the same time that WOS is looking for a new supt. Please attend the next few Board meetings and talk to the Board members so they know that we are paying attention and will hold them acountable for their decisions. Also, pay attention to what they DO not what they say.

^^^from the education topics on the board. I feel it needs to be on here so people who are just browsing and are not registered are able to see this.

bandkid

Staff member
Oldschool said:
Re: PN-G superintendent Randall to retire
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 12:21:52 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: bandkid on June 04, 2010, 04:32:54 PM
Please tell me this doesn't have anything to do with the rumors regarding Coach Faircloth or the criticism on this board....

In my opinion, Dr. Randall has been an excellent superintendent and will be hard to replace.

In fact, it really does. She was planning to retire within the next three years. However, due to the last two elections changing the makeup of the Board she has decided to move it up. This new Board has done nothing but criticize a great administration behind the scenes. Yes, publicly they will say one thing but in private they criticize everything PNG has done. I worry that the District is in for a rude awaking. This group talks a good game, but will destroy this district with their political games. We now have to rely on them to pick a superintendent in the middle of this economic crisis right at budget time and at the same time that WOS is looking for a new supt. Please attend the next few Board meetings and talk to the Board members so they know that we are paying attention and will hold them acountable for their decisions. Also, pay attention to what they DO not what they say.

^^^from the education topics on the board. I feel it needs to be on here so people who are just browsing and are not registered are able to see this.

For the record, only the top two statements (the ones in bold print) in the quote box above are mine. The bottom paragraph is something that NDNfan#1 wrote in response to my post. I've posted the exact quote below:

NDNfan#1 said:
bandkid said:

PurpleNDN

There has been negative comments made by the Burnett family
along with subtle attempts to sabotage Coach Faircloth , his staff , and
in some cases their spouse`s . One would think that after 15 years of
watching their son , brother , husband , nephew , & close friend coach
at PN-G all involved would simply say " thanks " and move on . Afterall,
a position was created so that MB could have a smoother transition
with reduced stress . The " brow beating " immediately began for all
board members , with the exception of Mrs. Broussard , to include the
superintendent . This poor lady ( supt ) had to endure tongue lashings
at social luncheon`s for local civic organizations for months to follow.
Thus far , no one has been willing to speak up for fear of being
spanked by the Burnett family. I have heard other`s say this could
turn into Malone part 2 ............. very possible . I say we support
these new coach`s as well as their families and give them time to truly
plant a " victory garden ". BF has done an excellent job of solidifying
the entire staff , with the exception of one holdover who is still
disgruntled. There are three varsity holdover`s that are doing great
and seem to fit in just fine . In summary , let`s support BF and his
vision for PN-G athletics and rub out the naysayer`s !!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
We don't want to turn this into a Coach Burnett roasting . He has claimed his place in PN-G football history.

But you're right, the focus or attention should no longer be on that name for any reason. The present and future is Coach Faircloth and the excellent coaching staff he assembled. And what an exciting future it is.

(BTW, there are ~30,000 in PN and Groves.)

Torino

500+ Posts
1989NDN said:
So who are the well placed people that are upset? Please name some names. Who is this good old boy network that is trying to ruin what could be another 3 or 4 year period of deep playoff runs? Coach Faircloth is the HC and AD. He has control of the athletic department. The PN-GISD Superintendent appears to have a good working relationship with Coach Faircloth. So, who is doing what?
Well, the superintendent announced her resignation last week, so that strap in Coach Faircloth's support system is broken.
A second source of support --the board of trustees--is gone. 3 board members who hired him have been defeated for reelection and a 4th is deceased. Regardless of the reasons for the turnover, the result is the same.
As for the board that will select Dr. Randall's replacement, 2 were blatantly anti-Faircloth prior to taking office. 1 was upset because a friend of his, an assistant coach, was reassigned. A 2nd was upset because, he charged, Faircloth had increased the size of the football coaching staff (actually, the size remained the same). The current president of the board campaigned against athletics as a way to save money to pay for her campaign promises. As for Mrs. Miller, well, read her posts on this message board.
I just don't see this board selecting a superintendent who will support Coach Faircloth.

bandkid

Staff member
Torino said:
1989NDN said:
So who are the well placed people that are upset? Please name some names. Who is this good old boy network that is trying to ruin what could be another 3 or 4 year period of deep playoff runs? Coach Faircloth is the HC and AD. He has control of the athletic department. The PN-GISD Superintendent appears to have a good working relationship with Coach Faircloth. So, who is doing what?
Well, the superintendent announced her resignation last week, so that strap in Coach Faircloth's support system is broken.
A second source of support --the board of trustees--is gone. 3 board members who hired him have been defeated for reelection and a 4th is deceased. Regardless of the reasons for the turnover, the result is the same.
As for the board that will select Dr. Randall's replacement, 2 were blatantly anti-Faircloth prior to taking office. 1 was upset because a friend of his, an assistant coach, was reassigned. A 2nd was upset because, he charged, Faircloth had increased the size of the football coaching staff (actually, the size remained the same). The current president of the board campaigned against athletics as a way to save money to pay for her campaign promises. As for Mrs. Miller, well, read her posts on this message board.
I just don't see this board selecting a superintendent who will support Coach Faircloth.

What are the names of the "anti-Faircloth" school board supporters and how do you know this is absolutely true?

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Details Of: Board Meeting
Date: 6/8/2010 (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
Calendar: Port Neches-Groves ISD (General)
Facility used: WGEC Board Room

5840 W. Jefferson
Groves, TX 77619

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I hope everyone keeps any conversation about this focused on real issues.

The phenomenon of messageboards, blogs, email, etc. makes public discussion a reality of life. This topic doesn't exist because of this message board, the topic exists because people are discussing it in the community and are concerned. Please keep people focused on that fact.

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
I really don't think that anyone wants to name names for fear of any retaliation. Message Boards such as this are a blessing and a curse. People will air out their grievances with anonymity because they can.

Just to give an example of how things are done behind the scenes without the public realizing check this out. Last year the teachers were upset because they did not receive a pay raise that they felt was guaranteed in the policy. The Board stated they could not afford it due to the budget. Whether it was or not is beside the point here. A certain teacher was leading the fight. This teacher used information she had knowledge of to threaten a lawsuit against the district. The Board eventually gave in and gave a pay raise to avoid litigation. Funny thing is that this teacher knew all about the discussions that took place during executive sessions (where legal matters are discussed behind closed doors amongst the board members and are supposed to be confidential). This teacher just happened to be Rodney Balsamo's sister. She has a different last name so most people never realized it. Don't get me wrong, I think the teachers should have gotten the raise.

This is just one example for those that don't believe that there are things going on behind the scenes. This is not a case of he said, she said it is fact. It is antics such as this that are being used to make Coach Faircloth's job more and more difficult. I don't think that these board members are trying to be evil. They are just using every tactic possible to do what they feel is the right thing. Trouble is most of us do not agree with them. But when only a handful of voters actually vote, the majority never wins.

N

NDNPARENT

All i can say about the school board members is they are making tough decisions on our behalf. They are allotted the tax dollars that we pay for our students, teachers, buildings etc. The school board has supported our coaches by giving the request that he has made from a Secretary, video editing software and countless other things.The new board members are making sensible decisions on everything from office chairs to construction projects to stay within our budget without raising our taxes. Everyones dollar needs to be accounted for and not wasted on outrages things. It is all check and balance,I would much rather be in the black than in the red.

As for our school board being anti athletic , i have been to football games, soccer, baseball games this year and i have seen Mrs. Parker and Mrs. Brousard,and Rodney there supporting our students , even when there are 2 different sports playing at the same time going to one and leaving after an hour going to the other game to support them.I have only yet to see the others at a Football game.The three would split and go different directions not only supporting sports but Band, the Booster club, and even selling food at the track meets. Donating money to support the PTA,The Indianettes,Project Graduation, and most recently the Golf Tourney held by none other then the Booster Club. Now how can you say they are ANTI anything? We have a good board Let them do their Jobs without Trashing them while you hide behind an alias and a computer!

Fairlane

100+ Posts
PNG82 said:
All i can say about the school board members is they are making tough decisions on our behalf. They are allotted the tax dollars that we pay for our students, teachers, buildings etc. The school board has supported our coaches by giving the request that he has made from a Secretary, video editing software and countless other things.The new board members are making sensible decisions on everything from office chairs to construction projects to stay within our budget without raising our taxes. Everyones dollar needs to be accounted for and not wasted on outrages things. It is all check and balance,I would much rather be in the black than in the red.

As for our school board being anti athletic , i have been to football games, soccer, baseball games this year and i have seen Mrs. Parker and Mrs. Brousard,and Rodney there supporting our students , even when there are 2 different sports playing at the same time going to one and leaving after an hour going to the other game to support them.I have only yet to see the others at a Football game.The three would split and go different directions not only supporting sports but Band, the Booster club, and even selling food at the track meets. Donating money to support the PTA,The Indianettes,Project Graduation, and most recently the Golf Tourney held by none other then the Booster Club. Now how can you say they are ANTI anything? We have a good board Let them do their Jobs without Trashing them while you hide behind an alias and a computer!
Please. Thre's much more to being a board member than attending ball games and track meets. Jim Walters, Rusty Brittain, and Darren McCutcheon are dedicated trustees, but their work schedules aren't going to allow them to attend a lot of events. Parker and Broussard are retired.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I can't speak for 2 of them, but I kow jim and he is not always at work. His job is rather important, but he does have time off.

Being a board member takes more than sitting in meetings making decisions. They are working for the taxpayers of the district. How are they to know what we want if we never make themselves available. Activities at school are the best places to see a number of people.

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
He may not be at work, but he does have a wife and kids. I would actually think less of Mr. Walters if every day that he had off he spent at events instead of raising his family. I would rather him be a good father and husband, that way he can relate to the rest of us. I have seen a few posts on this site where people either liked or disliked a member based on their attendance at events. If these members make all of the events, when would they have time to be a parent or spouse? Yes, they should try to make as many events as possible, but not at the risk of alienating their own family.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
NDNFann#1, you are soooo funny and so wrong with your knowledge of Mr. Walters. 1st off, his wife attended 2 games to watch one player, who peer tutored in her classroom. 2nd,if he don't have some time, I am not saying be seen at an event every night, then he should not be on the board. I am not saying he is a bad member at all, just realize that these psitions do take you from your family. (Comment Edited by Moderator).

Oldschool

Pngmom4 you make no sense at all just please retire from the board until this goes away. your poor opinions are not needed especially due to the lack of knowledge and thought put behind all of your responses. hide away like squaw is until things are cleared out and you can make a fool of yourself again. thanks

:eek:ld:
Oldschool

pngmom4

500+ Posts
You are not about to run me off. Just because we do not agree, I am not gonna give into you. Maybe you should be the one to retire. I do know what I am talking about.

I notice that the moderator edited my post. That's ok, I don't have anything to hide.

N

NDNPARENT

Man you all miss the point of my post! First of all the reason i spelled out the 3 names is due because on this board people have being saying that they were anti sports! I just posted that to say if they were anti sports then they would not go to any sports functions! I have seen these 3 being involved with others aspects of PUBLIC SCHOOL besides sports! You all have to remember the NUMBER ONE job of the board is the well being , edcuation of the students not all about sports!

Most of you are all sports and the heck with the others education part of schooling!

i take it that the ones that are bad mouthing the new board memebers as anti sporst is due to that YOUR candiate that LOST the elections are all sports. You all notice what got built first huh.. the football stadium instaed of the school. , And the old board meembers in my opinion did not care aobut the well being of the students because they argue against the SAFTEY of the students on the buses and voted against the buses with seatbelts.. but all for spending money for the sports Facilities. I myself am a sports fanatic I enjoy all sports and support both sports and academics.
The majority that voted wanted to see a change and move on. In order to keep your candidate elect in or voted in you have to vote apparently the best person won.
The one that is heading up all the bashing, did you go vote?
It seems it must be a past board member if he/she knows what is said behind "closed" doors.....move on and let the Board do their job! Money is being found teachers taken care of and the peopl are informed and not kept in the dark.The Board does atleast listen and acknowledges your concerns without brushing you off. Nor do they talk out both sides of their mouths.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Finally, at least some acknowledge what is going on. Good posts, pngmom4 and png82! Some on here, besides me, has common sense. I am NOT hiding out. I just got tired of the lies and name-calling of the "former board members and/or the final two board members" (take your pick). Also, I've had some posts "edited" by people who say they don't have a dog in this fight and portray themselves as being true PNG fans. True PNG fans realize that different opinions are OK and don't edit posts because they don't agree with what someone is saying. Someone is afraid that enough people know what really went on with them and they're afraid that two others will meet the same fate. People in the community are sick of the underhanded dealings going on and I'm sure it will show up in the voting booth, too.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
pngmom4 said:
You are not about to run me off. Just because we do not agree, I am not gonna give into you. Maybe you should be the one to retire. I do know what I am talking about.

I notice that the moderator edited my post. That's ok, I don't have anything to hide.

Your post was edited due to a derogatory comment that was made about a one specific student. While board members are elected public officials, students are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores