Disturbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The solution begins by dis. cussing it and bringing it to light. I hope it's not true, but if it is, a groundswell of support will come about. Coach Faircloth is the best thing to happen with PNG in a long, long time.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Agreed Indian Fan ... let's work on a grassroots, groundswell of support for Coach Faircloth, his assistant coaches, and their families. If we give these coaches some time, they will win a lot of games. These coaches are lightyears ahead of where we were in the past 10 years. Give Coach Faircloth some facilities (i.e., indoor practice facility) and give him some love from the communities of Port Neches and Groves and he will win big. This guy is the next Alan Waddell, Art Briles, Todd Dodge type of TX HS coaching success. He can do it at PN-G, but everyone must be on board 100%. MB was 95-66. Take away the Dustin Long era with Mike Long calling the shots on offense and MB was 65-59. Coach Faircloth can win 60 games in 5 years if he has the chance. I appreciate all that MB did for PN-G ... but, I am like others ... it was time to move foward and try something new. As an out-of-town alumnus (Class of 1989), I want nothing but the best for PN-G ... hopefully all of those who are upset and those that have competing agendas will work with the new majority and continue building good things for PN-GISD. Let's all work together for PN-G.

I still have a hard time believing that some say the Burnett family is behind all of this negativity. Hopefully some disgruntled community members or school board politicians are not trashing the Burnett name for their own agendas. Here's to hoping all of this mess gets resolved and Coach Faircloth will be at PN-G for a long time writing his own chapter of success for the Indians.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully it's all a misunderstanding. But the individuals speaking about this are upstanding and good people. They only want the best for the community and school. Now it must be cleared up either way.

There are great things happening at PN-G, and all that care about the community, school and athletic programs need to protect it. As bandkid said, the entire school seems renewed, and a stagnant football program is on the way to greatness again.

VegasNDN

I've been on top of these posts since my post last night. I even received a few private messages stating that these are in fact not rumors. But the more I read, the more I realize this is no longer about football. This is about a bunch of adults acting like 3rd graders because "their guy" wore out his welcome and the community had enough. This is also about the same group of 3rd graders messing with the livelihood of several coaches and their families who moved here to make something special happen. It makes me sick to my stomach that this could happen again exactly 20 years later (Malone). The same EXACT thing happened with Troy and his followers: a guy comes in (Malone), wins out of the gates (89-90 season - my Senior year), the kids like him (except '89 Seniors who lost all but 1 game - sorry Golden ;-) ), but the last regime (Troy's group) can't get past the fact that he's simply a better coach, and they (Troy's group and parents of the kids who sat the bench and needed an excuse as to why their kid never played) run him out of town.

Everyone on this board knows MB and his family in some manner. So Squaw, please don't bring the "I go to church with the man so I know it's not true" dialogue. My dad goes to the same church so let's leave it at that. Let's focus on getting the actual facts surfaced and confront the people behind this mess so this community and these kids don't get dealt, what could be, a devastating blow that would be difficult to overcome.

Now I'm moving back to Texas in the Fall. If this keeps up, I may have to convince my wife that Port Neches is where we need to be and I'll run for a seat on the board ;).

NDN79

500+ Posts
I find it rather amusing that the old "MB" followers, nay-sayers, and evil doers would think that it would be so easy to get THEIR way and run off the BEST COACH PN-G has ever had. I know that BF is not afraid of a few disgruntled cowardly little people who got their feelings hurt. When you hide in the shadows or get other people to do your talking it is the true definition of a coward.This small town gang mentality will not work with the thousands of true Indian fans, and they WILL back the BEST COACH in the state of TEXAS--Brandon Faircloth.If you want to quit hiding behind your mama's skirts and come out of the dark--I don't think you will want to face the loyal PN-G FOLLOWERS ready to take you on.

pngfan1

NDN79 said:
I find it rather amusing that the old "MB" followers, nay-sayers, and evil doers would think that it would be so easy to get THEIR way and run off the BEST COACH PN-G has ever had. I know that BF is not afraid of a few disgruntled cowardly little people who got their feelings hurt. When you hide in the shadows or get other people to do your talking it is the true definition of a coward.This small town gang mentality will not work with the thousands of true Indian fans, and they WILL back the BEST COACH in the state of TEXAS--Brandon Faircloth.If you want to quit hiding behind your mama's skirts and come out of the dark--I don't think you will want to face the loyal PN-G FOLLOWERS ready to take you on.
Good Post. This example of why we never need to hire locally again. The times we went outside we ended up with some of the best coaches in the state. Coach Faircloth did the same, he went around the state and hired some of the best coaches out there for his staff. So, you crybabies that are trying to make trouble for our new coaching staff need to just back off and quit whining. Your time has passed, and hopefully the purple politics have too.

We have one of the top coaching staffs in the state so just let them do what they need to do. These coaches are the best thing that happened to PNG in a long while, and i don't just mean on the football field.They have brought PNG Pride to a new level and may God Bless them for what they have done here. Hope to have them for a LONG TIME.

mdog

I for one do not see any use for this discussion. If there is something being said or behind the scene action being persued. then bring it out in the open for all to hear. If you can't say something that is backed up with proof then don't post anything. I have been a true follower of the indians for 45 years and a resident of the school district for 55 years. The only problem I see right now unless someone wants to come out and say exactly what is going on, is that there is a lot of digruntled people possibly on both sides of the ball. Now with that said, tell all or stop this thread.

bandkid

Staff member
VegasNDN said:
This is also about the same group of 3rd graders messing with the livelihood of several coaches and their families who moved here to make something special happen.

What do you mean? What exactly are they doing? Are we talking threats or what?

mdog

If someone has info about something apparently very disturbing to the Indian nation and knows it as fact, then spill the beans. With nothing being said other than rumors, and no hard facts or even "soft" facts, then I can only believe there is nothing out there to be worrying about. If there is something and whoever is reporting like "94" in general statements and not the actual event must be wanting things to remain stirred up. Be a man and speak up. If you don't have the guts to say, then pm me and I will report it. I don't have any dog in this hunt.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
I have also heard rumblings that something disturbing was going on..... I can not for the life of me understand why anyone would make it a priority to ruin a potentially successful football program...just because they are not part of it or part of bringing the success to Port Neches & Groves.

As I think someone else mentioned, the focus should always be for the success of the kids. Better teams, longer playoff runs and championships bring college recruiters around and get valuable state recognition which could lead to scholarships. How anyone would work to dismantle that, just because they were not part of it, is one sick human being... IMO.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
I can't believe anyone would try to bring down PNG recent success or that the people hinting at doing it would do that. That said, this board is no place for rumors or suspicions such as that (IMO). In fact, I wonder if this board is a place for facts concerning this subject. Facts on such a important subject should be brought to the School Board attention or some such public forum. Posting things like this (particularly rumors) on this board makes this site appear to be a gossip column.

akifan94

500+ Posts
OldEagle said:
I can't believe anyone would try to bring down PNG recent success or that the people hinting at doing it would do that. That said, this board is no place for rumors or suspicions such as that (IMO). In fact, I wonder if this board is a place for facts concerning this subject. Facts on such a important subject should be brought to the School Board attention or some such public forum. Posting things like this (particularly rumors) on this board makes this site appear to be a gossip column.

The board knows

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Yes Oldeagle it is hard to believe that a highly successful coach in a football crazy community would be conspired against by the old guard, even when he is supported by almost the entire community...ever heard of Danny Malone? Not so hard to believe now, is it? Perhaps if we would have had a message board back then, it could have been prevented. I am really tired of the posters that want to know EXACTLY what is going on. We all know real life isn't always that simple, especially when we have board members who will sing the praises of Coach Faircloth publicy, but privately rake him over the coals for every decision he has made since he stepped on campus. Or the fact that I had one member tell me to my face how great Coach Faircloth is, but behind closed doors, refuses to talk about giving him a long term contract because "what if he has a losing season? We may have to get rid of him." Seriously? One bad season? There are no political motivations behind this? Wake up people! Instead of fighting over specifics, we need to come together and find ways to make sure we keep this great coach and GREAT MAN!

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Still no details. If true, why just hint at what is going on? Why talk about this on this board if we don't get any information we can use to determine how to combat this?

akifan94

500+ Posts
OldEagle said:
Still no details. If true, why just hint at what is going on? Why talk about this on this board if we don't get any information we can use to determine how to combat this?

What details do you want? Meeting minutes? Taped conversations? The fact is there are only a few board members who give a crap. The others are going to go out of there way to make sure every little thing involving the football program has to be obtained by fighting tooth and nail. Why did Balsamo vote against the game in San Antonio? Why did we have such a tough time getting our staff filled? The board knows that they cannot shoot down a winning, enthusiastic, community supported coach. But they can damn sure make things as difficult as possible. And when you have the old guard pulling political strings to make sure life is tough then it can get old. How many outsiders have been welcomed here? Why do we just now have a booster club? The questions go on. I am not the only one making these posts. Several people have chimed in yet some of you choose to sit back and think I am trying to stir the pot? Hell yes I am stirring it. If it doesn't get brought to light it will not stop. This is not a one man crusade. This is a community issue that needs resolution. You want details....get your local politicians to tell you the truth.

biaplayer

well i have read all four pages of this crap and it absolutely disgusts me to no end. If someone is using their politcal influences (Brad Burnett) and the good ole Boys Regime as they are called then we the nation that bleeds purple should do something about it. I can honestly say that The coaching staff we have in place now is absolutely the best that we have seen in some time. I am sorry that Matt Burnett lost his job, but the fact of the matter is it was well past due, and everyone on this board knows it. I dont want to see us loose this great coaching staff because someone is harrassing him and trying to influence him to leave in some form or another. All i know is Burnett said this team of last year had no talent and Faircloth came in here with his staff and took a 3-6 team and went 10-0 for a outright district championship, to me that speaks volume. Hopefully this is all BS but i have to think that their is some truth to this matter because just by some dejuavoo i had two phone calls today spreading some light on the subject! With that being said it somewhat alarms me that we might loose a special group of people who have brought back the honor in our program. I am a graduate of 88 and i liked coach troy he was a hell of a nice man but it was his time to go and we all saw what happened when we brought in someone from outside our hollow shell we call home. If this turns out to be true then we must come together and squash this before we loose these coaches. Fairclothe could have went anywheres but he chose our school to come to and assembled one hell of a coaching staff, and brought us back up into contention and i wouldnt be surprised if the NDNS arent ranked in the top ten come this fall. And if Balsamo voted against us not playing in the football classic then i say vote against him, because i for one cant wait to introduce some mid county butt whippin to our first oppentents Gregory Portland is it? Hate to give them boys a loss in 0 week lol :clap:

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Will MB still have his job of stadium manager/truant for the next school year? And if he does, is it still at the same salary he had last year?

C

curiousfan

akifan94.....This curious fan wants to know if you were at that board meeting? Well this curious fan was and here are the facts.... $15,000.00 was donated and that was to cover the 3500 tickets for advanced ticket sales. In order for the district to break even 3500 advance tickets must be sold at $12 a piece. According to school administrators the projected minimum cost to send the football team, band, Indianettes, cheerleaders and sponsors is $42,000.00. All 3500 tickets must be sold by the district prior to the game to break even. Any tickets purchased at the gate does not benefit the district. It was also stated that PNG has only 2300 season tickets sold last football season. Being an avid PNG fan I hope all 3500 tickets are sold. However, beings that at the time this decision was being voted on it was public knowledge that the projected deficit was 3.6 million. I respect Mr. Balsamo's vote. It appears he did not want to gamble with the tax payers money. If you did or do not attend board meetings maybe you should so you can hear all the facts.

akifan94

500+ Posts
curiousfan said:
akifan94.....This curious fan wants to know if you were at that board meeting? Well this curious fan was and here are the facts.... $15,000.00 was donated and that was to cover the 3500 tickets for advanced ticket sales. In order for the district to break even 3500 advance tickets must be sold at $12 a piece. According to school administrators the projected minimum cost to send the football team, band, Indianettes, cheerleaders and sponsors is $42,000.00. All 3500 tickets must be sold by the district prior to the game to break even. Any tickets purchased at the gate does not benefit the district. It was also stated that PNG has only 2300 season tickets sold last football season. Being an avid PNG fan I hope all 3500 tickets are sold. However, beings that at the time this decision was being voted on it was public knowledge that the projected deficit was 3.6 million. I respect Mr. Balsamo's vote. It appears he did not want to gamble with the tax payers money. If you did or do not attend board meetings maybe you should so you can hear all the facts.

Fair enough. Seems we have conflicting reports as Squaw stated he voted no after being tricked and lied to. That is now three opinions on one vote. Where does the truth lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores