Final: PN-G 49, Montgomery 42

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Crippen needs 245 yards to become our single season yardage leader in history.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
He's also on the verge of most TD passes in a season.

And Chance Prosperie is within striking distance of Preston Riggs single season record for receiving yards.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Just got home from a GREAT PN-G WIN! What a game! #11 has grown up at the QB spot. He made throw after throw into small spaces and PN-G converted some big 3rd downs. He threw some lasers and he scrambled around and ran well, too. WRs #7, #10, #13, #18, and #23...am I forgetting someone? WRs had a great game. #18 with some amazing catches and creating yards after the catch. WOW. OL played strong. I thought the OL was the MVP. They kept the QB upright for the most part and they created running lanes. When PN-G wanted to run the ball, Montgomery could not stop us. We lost #20, but I saw him walking on the sideline, so maybe it is not too bad. I like the direct snap to #20. He gets the ball and runs north/south for tough yards and TDs. #26 is not too shabby at the back-up RB spot. On defense, we gave up some plays ---the long runs by #1 were frustrating--- but give credit to #1 for Montgomery. He was a bowling ball with some wheels. Defense made plays when they had to and they nailed down the win with the fumble and recovery. Good job defense. Bending, but hanging tough. DL was active, LBs were scrambling and getting to the football, and our DBs were scrappy. The whole defense was scrappy. Yes, we gave up 42 points and a bunch of yards, but the kids kept fighting. What more can you ask for? Montgomery is no slouch. PN-G was just better. Loved our OL pushing them around when the Indians needed a play. One thing that makes me scream --- pooch kicking! Why are we pooch kicking. Why do we pooch kick, ever? Kick the damn ball out of the endzone! I was expecting a bigger PN-G crowd. Where is everyone? The crowd there was pretty loud. It never gets old hearing Cherokee! Fire that sucker up 100X per game. Keep on keeping on Indians. It's great to practice football during the week of Thanksgiving and beyond. Keep it going. Go Indians. GREAT GAME!

P.S. Good game plan coaches. Both sides had the kids ready to execute. I'm hard on the DB coaches, but they, too, did a great job. Our kids were in position to execute.

Go Indians.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The all-white stormtrooper uniforms look sharp. That is the PN-G look. No gray. Purple and white. Even if PN-G is the home team next week, Coach Faircloth should tell our opponent, "uh, excuse me, PN-G will wear all white...see you at the game."

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
The all-white stormtrooper uniforms look sharp. That is the PN-G look. No gray. Purple and white. Even if PN-G is the home team next week, Coach Faircloth should tell our opponent, "uh, excuse me, PN-G will wear all white...see you at the game."
I second the motion. Most really long term Indian fans probably agree....unless they were watching them in the 50s.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Regional Semifinals

Texarkana Texas High (11-0) vs Port Neches-Groves (8-4), 6 p.m. Friday at Natchitoches’ Turpin Stadium

College Station A&M Consolidated (10-2) vs Crosby/Marshall Winner, TBD

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Great job by the defensive line last night Seniors Kinnett, Baker, Nichols and Dugas played an inspired game and won the battle at the LOS all night long.

Other than a few breakdowns on the long runs, the overall defensive effort was not bad. They slowed Montgomery down when needed and had at least 2 or 3 stops. Not every team will have a running back like that.

Torino

500+ Posts
I apologize to all for the defensive criticisms. It's just the one thing that is keeping this group from being great and it is fixable. It would be great if there could be some defensive shifts that shore up the middle with a good tackler.

But this was a very good Montgomery team with a great running back.

The Indians fought through it all and beat the #7 ranked team in the state. Great job.
I don't pay much attention to TEXAS FOOTBALL MAGAZINE rankings, which had Montgomery at #7. After all TF ranked FB Marshall #2 at season end and Barbers Hill smoked FBM last week. FBM was ranked very high last year by TF, barely beat a 5-5 PN-G team, got better as it progressed thru the playoffs but lost to Crosby in the QF. I prefer MaxPreps, which has a computerized system using strength of schedule, doesn't let 2 losses againt excellent competition drop a school out of the top 10, etc. MaxPreps is progressive, changing from week to week to reflect playoff results. Anyway, MaxPreps had Montgomery at #8, which I think makes the victory all that more significant.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I don't pay much attention to TEXAS FOOTBALL MAGAZINE rankings, which had Montgomery at #7. After all TF ranked FB Marshall #2 at season end and Barbers Hill smoked FBM last week. FBM was ranked very high last year by TF, barely beat a 5-5 PN-G team, got better as it progressed thru the playoffs but lost to Crosby in the QF. I prefer MaxPreps, which has a computerized system using strength of schedule, doesn't let 2 losses againt excellent competition drop a school out of the top 10, etc. MaxPreps is progressive, changing from week to week to reflect playoff results. Anyway, MaxPreps had Montgomery at #8, which I think makes the victory all that more significant.

Texas Football rankings are the official statewide rankings.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I may be remembering incorrectly. But early childhood they always seemed to wear uniform colors either all purple or all white. Or at least white pants all the time
It was all white or all purple. Some years white helmets with purple uniform as in 1975. The purple helmets surfaced in the late 90s.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores