Future of PN-G Football

PatsCowboy

I’ve found there to be a 23.7% chance of accuracy on those sites. Either extremely little information or the parents or players input info themselves. (Or none at all)

Some years ago there was a large OL in West Houston. I saw 5-6 games the kid played over two years. He was not rated, was the largest, yet weakest of the OL on his team, not to mention you could time his explosion off the ball with an hourglass. I told our coaches I had known the kid and his family for a decade, and no way in hell should we offer him. His only offers were from the likes of Tarleton, ETSU, maybe SFA and Abilene Christian.

Enter Nebraska, kings of steroids. They offer, and suddenly the kid is 3* or 4* depending on which service your read. (He actually went from being unranked to the #32 player in Texas.) That was his only offer. I called the OL coach at Oklahoma and told him to set up lunch for the two of us with the Nebraska OL coach. During lunch, I told the coach that I was there for educational purposes, not to steal his recruit. Why the hell did Nebraska want him. His reply was that the kid was a project, but they had 100 of those on the infamous Nebraska Community Scholarship Programs. They would groom him for 3 years, hoping to get 2 years of playing time or backup out of the kid. Then he said, "I can coach technique, I can't coach size". That's just one of a multitude of unnoticed, unranked kids who suddenly are HS bluechips because of one offer.

Don't get me started on parents buying their kid's way to internet stardom.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Some years ago there was a large OL in West Houston. I saw 5-6 games the kid played over two years. He was not rated, was the largest, yet weakest of the OL on his team, not to mention you could time his explosion off the ball with an hourglass. I told our coaches I had known the kid and his family for a decade, and no way in hell should we offer him. His only offers were from the likes of Tarleton, ETSU, maybe SFA and Abilene Christian.

Enter Nebraska, kings of steroids. They offer, and suddenly the kid is 3* or 4* depending on which service your read. (He actually went from being unranked to the #32 player in Texas.) That was his only offer. I called the OL coach at Oklahoma and told him to set up lunch for the two of us with the Nebraska OL coach. During lunch, I told the coach that I was there for educational purposes, not to steal his recruit. Why the hell did Nebraska want him. His reply was that the kid was a project, but they had 100 of those on the infamous Nebraska Community Scholarship Programs. They would groom him for 3 years, hoping to get 2 years of playing time or backup out of the kid. Then he said, "I can coach technique, I can't coach size". That's just one of a multitude of unnoticed, unranked kids who suddenly are HS bluechips because of one offer.

Don't get me started on parents buying their kid's way to internet stardom.
Seriously, every topic that comes up - you have a personal involvement in.

why the sudden & constant interest in PNG football now?

much respect. Just curious

90NDN

500+ Posts
Generally speaking, if you have the size, height, weight and speed and it's legit, you will be getting offers all over the place because they feel you can be coached up so to speak....it's all about the numbers these days. You can be a great player in high school, but not have the size and you often will get no looks from a power 5 school. It's sad, but true. EDIT: Just read what PatsCowboy said and this echoes my thoughts.

PatsCowboy

I never knew this site existed. but not sure I would have visited as long as Faircloth was HC. I don't dislike the guy, I just thought there were possibly better choices. My aunt stays in touch with a few of her old classmates on some other site and facebook. I was curious as to the procedure to be used and who would be involved.

I was thrilled when the district brought Todd to help with the selection and transition.

Over the years, I have always followed the Indians when I could get information. The Surprise & PA News want you to pay, and while it is a nominal sum, I have found much of their reporting to be erroneous and slanted rather than factual.

I was privileged to be involved in recruiting back when alums were allowed to do so. Met and became friends with lots of coaches including the enemy. I learned much from those coaches that I was able to apply in the business world. I love college athletics, not so much the NFL or MLB, and detest the NBA. I enjoy HS athletics and try to make pilgrimages to Jerry World in December and used to attend the BB & baseball tournaments in Austin, before music and car racing became more important than high school athletics.

PNG is a unique place, where the kids are top priority. Unfortunately, that atmosphere does not exist in most parts of the country. Take someone from DC or California or Florida to a PNG game and watch their reaction. I want the kids and community to have great success, and NEVER let money get in the way of every student getting a well-rounded education and prepared for the world ahead, whether it's as a pipefitter or electrician in one of the plants or as the former Sr VP of Standard Oil of NJ who used to fly his white DC9 with the red "S" on the tail to watch the Indians play once a year.

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
Seriously, every topic that comes up - you have a personal involvement in.

why the sudden & constant interest in PNG football now?

much respect. Just curious

As stated before, other individuals have become involved because of the new hire of the AD/HC at PNG. It seems like some of us have some personal experience working with collegiate athletes and/or professionals athletes. With that, more insight can be provided that has been missing by many is what I have noticed. I still communicate with Professional Athletes in Multiple Sports. I also communicate with coaches from the Middle School to the Professional Level in more than just Football.

I can reach out to many Strength and Conditioning Coaches that will provide better insight for all to read. I am friends with former Olympic Training Coaches.

bark

1,000+ Posts
As stated before, other individuals have become involved because of the new hire of the AD/HC at PNG. It seems like some of us have some personal experience working with collegiate athletes and/or professionals athletes. With that, more insight can be provided that has been missing by many is what I have noticed. I still communicate with Professional Athletes in Multiple Sports. I also communicate with coaches from the Middle School to the Professional Level in more than just Football.

I can reach out to many Strength and Conditioning Coaches that will provide better insight for all to read. I am friends with former Olympic Training Coaches.
I’ll be damn.
last name start with a N? Got in a wreck prom night by the LNVA in PN with Wades sister Bout 65/66/67?

anyway good to hear your personal experience.

Lance Vanzant was the same way. Oh, legendary secondary coach. At Nebraska with Osborne also Kansas and many more. pros Cardinals Saints etc...

PatsCowboy

I don't know "Langston" nor "JDC", but I have known Todd for nearly 40 years, Coach Joseph for longer than Todd, Gary Joseph for a couple of decades.

I know Rhett Bomar, and I have met his father. I'll pass. If he is hired, it won't be the first time a PNG hire amazed me and pissed me off.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
Not saying it would be a good hire but just saying some former qbs like that bring quite a bit of knowledge like John Kitna did few years back to Waxahachie I believe. Good assistants that bring knowledge make head coaches look good. Like back in 99 long was great but the D what made that team. Pachuca, Cobb, and others

Indian99

500+ Posts
Not saying it would be a good hire but just saying some former qbs like that bring quite a bit of knowledge like John Kitna did few years back to Waxahachie I believe. Good assistants that bring knowledge make head coaches look good. Like back in 99 long was great but the D what made that team. Pachuca, Cobb, and others

…Cummings, Wallace, Burnett

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Jansen Ware performed so well at an football camp that the Aggies social media coordinator put a video if him up and spoke about his size, quickness, and speed. He has tore up camps all around here.

bark

1,000+ Posts
InidanFan,

I take it you have never been saddled with people from UCLA or Berkley. Two dumbest groups of people I've ever had to work with, particularly the MBAs and PhDs.
How, in Gods name, did PNG football survive all these years without your unparalleled insight to EVERY topic, athletic event in the country ‍♀️ What a sudden interest in the last 30 days.
Very irritating to me

I’m out.

New coach - new era. Pass the torch wish Viva (squaw) was still alive to see this. Her and Roy were 1st class. Deleting my account. Thanks to IndianFan for your hard work and dedication.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
How, in Gods name, did PNG football survive all these years without your unparalleled insight to EVERY topic, athletic event in the country ‍♀ What a sudden interest in the last 30 days.
Very irritating to me

I’m out.

New coach - new era. Pass the torch wish Viva (squaw) was still alive to see this. Her and Roy were 1st class. Deleting my account. Thanks to IndianFan for your hard work and dedication.
Please stick around bark. You’re an important member of this community and appreciated.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Lot of great people have attended many universities. Lot of great people in Texas, California and all states. Individual achievement and excellence knows no boundaries. But none of that has any bearing on the this topic.

This is a great topic to discuss future Indian football.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
I’ll be damn.
last name start with a N? Got in a wreck prom night by the LNVA in PN with Wades sister Bout 65/66/67?

anyway good to hear your personal experience.

Lance Vanzant was the same way. Oh, legendary secondary coach. At Nebraska with Osborne also Kansas and many more. pros Cardinals Saints etc...
DON'T LEAVE!!!!! You're one of the ones on here that shoots straight.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Bark has been around forever and is always welcome here. Folks, don’t take the different opinions too seriously. There are continued good times ahead and much good to talk about.

IndianTaxPayer

100+ Posts
How, in Gods name, did PNG football survive all these years without your unparalleled insight to EVERY topic, athletic event in the country ‍♀ What a sudden interest in the last 30 days.
Very irritating to me

I’m out.

You are correct, the subjective thoughts of many were believed to be "Unparalleled" which is defined as having "no parallel or equal; exceptional ideas." Now that others have started to present other Objective Information with Facts the unparalleled members have to research or choose to respond with false Subjective Ideas. Sorry this was such a blunt statement.

There is no reason to leave; research the Objective Facts Presented, Study Offensive and Defensive Schemes utilized, Research why some coaches Must adjust the schemes at the HS level based on availability of players skills and strengths.

Understand the School Board is responsible for the management of $50,000,000.00 corporation that PNGISD homeowners pay a lot of taxes for the proper education, and hiring of quality personal.
Some of us have left the "Golden Triangle" that is not so Golden anymore. Just look at the air on a clear day that is filled with dirt from the refineries.

Last edited:

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Guys this post is about the future of PNG football. Maybe we could stick to that topic. If u want time talk about other things maybe we can make a topic covering that.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores