Indian Stadium Renovation

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNGIndianFan06 said:
Has anyone been to the Ennis high school stadium. It is unbelievable and they do have club boxes in the press box. The boxes are completely enclosed by glass from top to bottom with the most comfortable looking chairs. Wow, what a way to watch a great football game.

It is a great money maker because sponsors(businesses) buy the boxes for the season and then they can give the tickets out as vendor rewards or enjoy it themselves.

I've been to s state championship game at Ennis Lions stadium. It's a nice stadium with a lot of parking, but the new Reservation, press box and scoreboard blow the doors off that stadium.

100_0029_tm_15.jpg

MightyNDNS

100+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
would have to sell the box seat at an elevated price to first come first serve. the UIL does not allow raffles it is a form of gambling.

one thing that would be nice since they are planning on using replays on the jumbo board , have a tv monitor in the restroom and in front of the concession stands. so you do not miss a big play .

Ooh, I like the TV monitor idea....

NDN X

100+ Posts
MightyNDNS said:
NDNPARENT said:
would have to sell the box seat at an elevated price to first come first serve. the UIL does not allow raffles it is a form of gambling.

one thing that would be nice since they are planning on using replays on the jumbo board , have a tv monitor in the restroom and in front of the concession stands. so you do not miss a big play .

Ooh, I like the TV monitor idea....

me too!! ;D :clap:

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
PNGIndianFan06 said:
Has anyone been to the Ennis high school stadium. It is unbelievable and they do have club boxes in the press box. The boxes are completely enclosed by glass from top to bottom with the most comfortable looking chairs. Wow, what a way to watch a great football game.

It is a great money maker because sponsors(businesses) buy the boxes for the season and then they can give the tickets out as vendor rewards or enjoy it themselves.

I've been to s state championship game at Ennis Lions stadium. It's a nice stadium with a lot of parking, but the new Reservation, press box and scoreboard blow the doors off that stadium.

100_0029_tm_15.jpg

That is not the stadium I saw; this was like a professional level press box and it was taller than ours and on the back it said Ennis ISD vertically in the center. The field was also down in a bowl. It did not look anything like the stadium pictured here. This is a sad little field compared to what I saw and you can see it from Hwy 287 on the way to my brother's.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, that's a picture of the home side of the stadium as it looked in 2004/2005.
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=115
http://ennisfootball.com/Football/Pictures01012003-09-01%20Facilities.htm

I watched the 2A State Championship game between Jim Ned and San Augustine. Current UT QB Colt McCoy was the Jim Ned QB. San Augustine shut them down and took the title that night.

It is very nice but the facilities at Indian Stadium will surpass it. Maybe they built a newer one?

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
Maybe, I was mistaken I did look at those facility pictures. Do you think it was Midlothian? I know it was a high school stadium because for several miles after we passed the stadium we discussed that it must have been a massive bond proposal for the tax payers to vote on.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The Dallas metro area is the home of several incredible stadiums. I get them all confused.

Ennis' stadium is very nice too. But the awesome point I was trying to make is that you now have something in Port Neches, TX that is superior to that very nice stadium. As a matter of fact, back before the old message board crashed and the messages were lost, Ennis stadium was my example of what PNGISD might do at the current site for a relatively low amount compared to a concrete stadium.

VegasNDN

Any updated pictures of the stadium? I would drive by and take them myself but I'm 1,600 miles away. Anything would be great.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Haven't had time to get pictures, but I can tell you it doesn't look much different than last time pictures were taken. Much work is going on inside the press box and not visible from the outside. They have been putting up plywood going down the back side of the press box towards the ground.

VegasNDN

Good to know. I'll be in town for Christmas so I'll drive by and take a look. My parents said I won't even recognize it. Can't wait!

NDN X

100+ Posts
I haven't noticed any MAJOR progress, but will check today. I guess they are still working on the pressbox, inside and out.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
At the last meeting, Dr. Randall said it would be done by January, that is barring any rain problems. I was wondering if anyone has heard if they will actually be done by then.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Us folks that don't make it back home often would really appreciate a new pic now and then. :)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores