Indian Stadium Renovation

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I drove by the stadium today and nothing was done today either. I love the rain, but its killing the stadium work.

yankeedawg said:
MCM is gonna be at the Reservation this year isn't it? It should be ready by then???

Last news report showed the stadium would be playable by the Texas City game. Nothing of the sort has come from the district though. Our schedule shows us playing in Nederland for MCM this year also. That's ok, its happened to y'all several times after realignment.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
I drove by the stadium today and nothing was done today either. I love the rain, but its killing the stadium work.

yankeedawg said:
MCM is gonna be at the Reservation this year isn't it? It should be ready by then???

Last news report showed the stadium would be playable by the Texas City game. Nothing of the sort has come from the district though. Our schedule shows us playing in Nederland for MCM this year also. That's ok, its happened to y'all several times after realignment.

ok thanks pngfan. I was kinda hoping the "Game of All Games" would be played at your new place this year (even as much as I prefer home field advantage). That would have been one heck of a way to break that new turf in ;D

VegasNDN

You all must be going crazy with what the new stadium looks like. I'm excited 2,000 miles away. Quick question though, has anyone thought about security for the stadium. What I mean by that is keeping out the hood rats and punks that might want to come by and try to ruin the field or track or whatever they can. Sure would hate to spend all this money and forget to to install a few cameras.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I would assume that the stadium would remain locked when not in use as the best form of security. That being said, It looks like they have lights shining down on the track so people can continue to walk. Maybe they'll have video surveillance or some deal worked out with the city for active patrolling. I dunno.

The second layer of the track is down.

They are actually cutting out the field to make room for the lettering in the end zone. They have completed the scoreboard end zone, and are working on the field house end zone. It looks like thay have a purple PNG in the center of the field.

The home stands are going up also. EDIT: I just noticed in the pictures that the walls for our restrooms are starting to go up as well.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
is it just me or does it look like the yardage numbers have a little 3D looking purple blended into the back?

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
PNG1992 said:
is it just me or does it look like the yardage numbers have a little 3D looking purple blended into the back?

well, out of curiosity I just went out to the stadium and yes the yardage numbers are outlined in purple and they look really nice. The only thing I would have changed is the "PNG" in the center of the field should have been outlined in white. Its hard to see in all purple but thats not a complaint because the entire stadium is going to be beautiful and it seems to be coming together quick now.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
PNG1992 said:
The only thing I would have changed is the "PNG" in the center of the field should have been outlined in white. Its hard to see in all purple . . .

I thought the same thing, but I'm not complaining either. Its a heck of a lot better than what we had.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
I just got back from the stadium and the pictures just don't do it justice. ( not saying the pictures are bad, they are awesome. i thank you both for taking them and keeping us updated.) When i got to the stadium i stood in awe for about five minutes. If you are not excited about this football season, then you need to ride up there and then you will be. I was telling my cousin, while we were standing there staring, that i feel bad for any opponent having to play us at home. The field and stands are going to be so awesome, along with a sea of purple fans, they other teams are not going to know how to handle it. I suggest anyone who hasn't been by there to ride by and take a look.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
Stadium is shaping up nicely...keep praying for good weather :angel:

Heck, I;m gettintg excited about it too and I'm 100% Bulldog!! Looks like a first class job you guys are getting for the money. Can't wait to see it in person when it's completed!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Would be nice if someone could take some shots from the top row of the visitor side bleachers. If you're using a Canon Digital (hint, hint pngfan93 or PNG NDN Fan :) ) you can take multiple shots and stitch them together with the Canon software to make a panoramic shot. That would really show the field in all it's glory.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I considered that, but being the good citizen that I am, I respected the rules to keep out. I don't know who those two people were that walked across the turf though.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Yeah, I just got back from there and it's awesome. Now you can see the superstucture for the bleachers going up at an angle. I think I can see my seat now. hehehe

Tha place looks better every day.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
Justafan said:
Drove by earlier. The home side bleachers are going to be massive.

Forgot my camera so I couldn't take any pics.

no kidding.

they extend from goal-line to goal-line but the thing I noticed was how far the support beams look from the press box structure looking from the side. Its going to be big.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Ill try to get by there tomorrow and get some pics. I was tied up this weekend.

By the way, I love the new emoticons!
O0 :helmet: :eek:ld:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores