Nederland Bulldogs @ Port Neches-Groves Indians MCM Time!!!!!!

Indian99

500+ Posts
Not sure why we won’t reschedule. Any lightning delays that would occur during the game could potentially play to Ned’s favor, seems like the underdog is always the benefactor of things like that. Potentially little fans, no band, etc. due to the weather - looks like a perfect trap game.

rodney12345678

100+ Posts
Not sure why we won’t reschedule. Any lightning delays that would occur during the game could potentially play to Ned’s favor, seems like the underdog is always the benefactor of things like that. Potentially little fans, no band, etc. due to the weather - looks like a perfect trap game.
guess we didnt play in any weather in 99

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This game is too big of an event to try and play in such dire conditions.

It would make sense for Barrow not to agree to any changes because anything that reduces home field advantage is to their benefit.

indians87

If the weather gets as bad as they say it is. It will wind up being played on Saturday anyway. Then you will have a big cluster____ with tickets and all. More then likely if it does get started tomorrow, I don’t think the bands will be there and less fans will be there when they can watch it on TV.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If the weather gets as bad as they say it is. It will wind up being played on Saturday anyway. Then you will have a big cluster____ with tickets and all. More then likely if it does get started tomorrow, I don’t think the bands will be there and less fans will be there when they can watch it on TV.
This. The game will be diminished and anything to take the edge off an emotional and physical beating is to Nederland’s favor.

Indian99

500+ Posts
guess we didnt play in any weather in 99
Ha! Touche’ - we actually did not, but I have played in many a rainy game in my day, just like I’m sure everyone here has. The difference is the potential lightning delays that could affect the game. Nice one though.

indians87

Monte is playing mind games with us. He is good at that. But the game still has to be played on the field. Joseph needs to make these kids realize that and keep them focused on the task at hand.This staff is new and haven’t seen a rivalry like this ever. Hopefully the coaches that were retained can make him aware of what this means to the cities involved.

100+ Posts
The game will be moved to Saturday if need be, I'm sure. Someone will likely make an announcement by noon on Friday. If not, then everyone will show up as scheduled. Are umbrellas allowed in the stadium?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Monte is playing mind games with us. He is good at that. But the game still has to be played on the field. Joseph needs to make these kids realize that and keep them focused on the task at hand.This staff is new and haven’t seen a rivalry like this ever. Hopefully the coaches that were retained can make him aware of what this means to the cities involved.
Great points. But Barrow and staff have never coached at the levels that the new HC/DC/OC have either. Katy, Westlake, Southlake Carroll have played in huge games and at championship levels. Joseph, McDaniel and McCrary can talk this team into the right frame of mind.

Indian99

500+ Posts
The game will be moved to Saturday if need be, I'm sure. Someone will likely make an announcement by noon on Friday. If not, then everyone will show up as scheduled. Are umbrellas allowed in the stadium?
Got my raincoat ready!

1990NDN

I just checked AccuWeather and WeatherBug hourly forecast. It's definitely looking better. Both show about 50% chance of rain at kickoff. If this improves anymore during the day we might get lucky. One shows it jumping up to 70% for a minute then drops back down to 50ish%. The other just shows straight up 50 throughout the game.

Is there such a thing as a reverse Indian rain dance?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to produce a reverse rain dance video for fun but on second thought, it might be perceived as mimicking and offend someone.

snowbird

I know some of you may think this game is all about the players on the field,10 years ago I would have thought the same thing. There are many seniors from both schools not just football players who live for the chance to perform before 15000 people at MCM. Win or loose its a very special night for all involved. If this game is played in the rain there will be no Cherokee no Aggie war hymn no marching I. Again it is still a football game but for many it is a life time of memories.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I know some of you may think this game is all about the players on the field,10 years ago I would have thought the same thing. There are many seniors from both schools not just football players who live for the chance to perform before 15000 people at MCM. Win or loose its a very special night for all involved. If this game is played in the rain there will be no Cherokee no Aggie war hymn no marching I. Again it is still a football game but for many it is a life time of memories.
Agree. That’s what I meant when saying this game is too big of an event to be ruined by such weather conditions. Crowds will be small, bands, Indianettes, Westernaires, twirlers and others can’t perform in full uniforms if at all. It would even be tough to film and view the game on TexanLive. An all around bummer. This game is anticipated for an entire year. Or as you said, an entire lifetime.

And the football game will be sloppy as heck.

Just a really questionable decision. For PN-G the impact on the preparation for next week would be minimal if they play on Saturday. Galena Park is zero threat next week.

But maybe Bum can ask the Lord if he can give mid-county a little break from the storms so they can play his favorite game.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores