New AD/Head Coach Jeff Joseph Intro

bandkid

Staff member
That was the point I tried to make previously. Joseph will add credibility to whatever damage may have been done to the way PNG is viewed outside Jefferson County. I am led to believe by some posters that there might have been less than honorable actions on the part of some parents and/or elected officials. If that is indeed the case, nobody would be dumb enough to pull that on Texas HS royalty. If they do, the booster club needs to take up a collection to help them move to Rye or Votaw.

Like it or not, PNG has chosen or been chosen for a major change. The last thing the community and program needs is divisive actions. Everybody onboard or the bus & moving vans leave for Houston ISD Saturday morning.

I’m in total agreement, and I get the sense the rest of the community is, too. The morning after the Joseph hire was announced, I posted something to this effect in the Port Neches neighborhood watch group on Facebook, which, with 7,500+ members, has become the big Mid-County social media debate stage. The response was overwhelmingly agreeable.

90NDN

500+ Posts
Now all we need is a bloody indoor practice facility. I live in Celina now and they have one...and their stadium is incredibly small.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Let’s talk about Coach Joesph and assistants he may bring. What type of team will we have next year? Will he elect Spring Ball this year?

Excellent question...anyone know if Coach Joseph will opt for spring training? Do any of the skill kids at QB, RB, WR, TE, or DBs play spring sports, which might bump them from spring football?

90NDN

500+ Posts
Do we have anyone to fill the big void left at RB? I know we have most of the offense back, but we need a solid rb to open up the passing game.

90NDN

500+ Posts
That's awesome....that was my main concern going into next season as far as offense was concerned. Really excited for next season. Has anyone heard about assistance coaches? I gotta think that this has to be a priority to get the offseason going.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Chase Johnson and Tommy Reed will be a nice 1-2, or 2-1 punch. Plus Crippen has excellent speed if he needs to run. He will probably be 6-3+ 200+ pounds next season.

pngfan316

100+ Posts
Chase Johnson and Tommy Reed will be a nice 1-2, or 2-1 punch. Plus Crippen has excellent speed if he needs to run. He will probably be 6-3+ 200+ pounds next season.
Chase Johnson is not playing football next year. He got hurt and will only be playing baseball.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
And the DC at Seguin in 2021. Left Katy to pursue a career outside of coaching. Some considered him the heir apparent to Gary Joseph.

Past interview at Katy.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Former teammate of Coach Joseph on Katy HS 2000 State Champion team.

1645944539163.png

Coaches Matt McDaniel and Jeff Joseph1645946620108.png

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A former Katy DC was the speculation being whispered about. McDaniel is a good one. Now let’s see if cousin Blake Joseph is a possibility at OC. Or maybe someone with Katy or SLC ties.

Like anything else, an official announcement of these hires would be nice to hear before getting too excited about it. Until we hear that about McDaniel it would be good to wait and see.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores