New look district next year?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Watching the playoffs tonight one thing is evident at this level these teams have Rear off season weight lifting programs. Even the small guys for China Spring are ripped!!
I see very high energy levels too from various teams. And hard nosed defensive football. This is what the Indians need to get backto. Combine that with the Indian offense and they will be almost unstoppable.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Pick 11-15 guys who all they do is run the wingT slotT etc. to perfection. Learn 15-20 plays of misdirection with one “trick” per week. Have EVERY member of the team contribute and one coach be the “Geronimo” coach. Run them in with scripted no huddle plays including Australian style punt/run options. Make the defense have to prepare for two offensive schemes. Guerilla football honestly that’s how Pleasant Grove won 2/3 years. This year and last they abandoned that way of doing things and ran a freshman at QB (after baby Roschon broke his arm in the first game (his last name is even Johnson) I’ll never understand why they didn’t go back to the unconventional

Torino

500+ Posts
I see very high energy levels too from various teams. And hard nosed defensive football. This is what the Indians need to get to. Combine that with the Indian offense and they will be almost unstoppable.

Justafan said:
Watching the playoffs tonight one thing is evident at this level these teams have Rear off season weight lifting programs. Even the small guys for China Spring are ripped!!

If PN-G does terminate BF the ISD should pay whatever it takes to lure the China Spring coach. He has beaten WOS the last 2 seasons with about the same kind of talent we have here.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Pick 11-15 guys who all they do is run the wingT slotT etc. to perfection. Learn 15-20 plays of misdirection with one “trick” per week. Have EVERY member of the team contribute and one coach be the “Geronimo” coach. Run them in with scripted no huddle plays including Australian style punt/run options. Make the defense have to prepare for two offensive schemes. Guerilla football honestly that’s how Pleasant Grove won 2/3 years. This year and last they abandoned that way of doing things and ran a freshman at QB (after baby Roschon broke his arm in the first game (his last name is even Johnson) I’ll never understand why they didn’t go back to the unconventional
The best of the Pleasant Groves teams also had the added wrinkle of a pretty good passing game, which makes that type of offense almost unstoppable if the running game is dominant. You have to devote every resource you have to have any chance of stopping the running game, then they beat you over the top and you have no idea what to do defensively. Navy has also had some really good teams with that wrinkle.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
The best of the Pleasant Groves teams also had the added wrinkle of a pretty good passing game, which makes that type of offense almost unstoppable if the running game is dominant. You have to devote every resource you have to have any chance of stopping the running game, then they beat you over the top and you have no idea what to do defensively. Navy has also had some really good teams with that wrinkle.
I was at the Pleasant Grove vs WOS first year they won it. All the WOS fans were saying
“ all we have to do is stop the run”. Basically “we got this”. First play TD pass lol. Coincidentally the QB those 3 years Ben Harmon is long time boyfriend (may be engaged to by now) Scott Surratt’s daughter (Carthage) (the depths he ll go to to draw the best players lol) (kidding of course)

Davidp43

100+ Posts
Region 3 would be probably toughest region, with district 9 being the most well rounded district

Attachments

• C4489AD2-21A7-4DDC-9AC3-79F93313689D.png
    C4489AD2-21A7-4DDC-9AC3-79F93313689D.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 33

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
GP 1853
KP 1850.5
Supposed cutoff 1924
I wonder if Baytown Lee (1816) could change their minds about going to div1 with Crosby Barbers Hill because there you have a set district but their travel would be short except for PAM
Or even maybe allow 7

90NDN

500+ Posts
I don't understand why they would want to "Opt up" unless it is more beneficiary to them come playoff time. Is 5AD2 tougher than 5AD1 in R3?

Davidp43

100+ Posts
GP 1853
KP 1850.5
Supposed cutoff 1924
I wonder if Baytown Lee (1816) could change their minds about going to div1 with Crosby Barbers Hill because there you have a set district but their travel would be short except for PAM
Or even maybe allow 7
Those numbers for KWP are wrong, they been updated it’s like 1980 now

Davidp43

100+ Posts
I don't understand why they would want to "Opt up" unless it is more beneficiary to them come playoff time. Is 5AD2 tougher than 5AD1 in R3?
They opted up to keep all goose creek isd schools in same division, less travel costs probably main factor. Even all HISD schools opted up so great chance we are stuck with Galena Park & Fort Bends or The Lamar isd schools. If not them we could be thrown in a district along with Nederland & Dayton with Montgomery schools, Huntsville, Brenham with bidistrict being FBs, LISDs, Santa Fe, Texas City, Galena Park

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I long for the days when we were not in a district with a very different composition every time I turned around.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores