New year for the Booster Club

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I have a question.

Why can't there be a Billboard built and placed at Merriman/Magnolia??? There is a sign saying welcome to the Reservation, but why can't we raise money to have a larger Billboard built? It could say Welcome to the Reservation Home of the Indians. Then it can be large enough to place all the pass accomplishments. Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Golf....etc and leave room to add more. Even list academics and UIL Accomplishments. Make the sign large for when visiting teams or communities visit they can see this sign.
Just a idea!!!!!!There is enough businesses in the community that I bet they would donate.
Then have another one just for the Football stadium. Then Basseball and softball fields.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
That's a GREAT idea and I wish they'd put PNG flags on all the telephone poles. They put the checkered ones out for Riverfest.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
These are great things for the BC to work on. Let's do some fundraising and make it happen! I bet PNG Proud would LOVE to organize a fishing tournament for the Spring! :cheesy:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Remember, each Sr. class gives a "gift" to the school at the end of the yr. (or they used to). If they still do, this could be a good idea for them.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
That is a good idea Proud! They could prob get RIP Graphics to make it. I still think a fishing tournament could be a BIG $$ maker for the BC and you would be a GREAT person to organize that! ;D

squaw

1,000+ Posts
You know, I bet if the ABC could buy rust-free flag brackets to put high on the lightpoles down Merriman and buy PNG Indian flags, arrangements could be made to have a city worker place the flags up every Friday AM and take them down Saturday morning and store them until the next week. I do have a little influence with a city councilman! lol

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Do we have an official PNG Indians flag design? I know it wouldn't be hard to design one.

BTW - Isn't it kind of scary that we have a city councilman that can be influenced by squaw.
[Just kidding squaw.]

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
There's already flag holders on the poles for the checkered flags they put out during Thunder on the Neches. We noticed them when we were decorating. Proud band mom actually pointed them out and said we should have PNG Flags put on them since we already have the holders. I thought alternating Purple and White flags with the Indian head on them would be nice. Couldn't they be left up during football season?

Indian03

100+ Posts
Tonight (Monday, Nov. 29) will be the last booster club meeting with Coach Faircloth. The meeting is at 6:30PM in the field house.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
Will there be meetings with the other coaches for the other sports, soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, track, etc.. seemss it a football booster club instead of a Atlectic Booster club if the meetings stop.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
attakapandn said:
Will there be meetings with the other coaches for the other sports, soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, treack etc.. sseemslike it a football booster club instead of a Atlectic Booster club if the meetings stop.
You're right! I know how much we enjoyed following the Indian baseball team and the girls softball team (especially when they beat Nederland ;D)

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
attakapandn said:
Will there be meetings with the other coaches for the other sports, soccer, basketball, baseball, softball, treack etc.. sseemslike it a football booster club instead of a Atlectic Booster club if the meetings stop.

Are the other coaches (both boys and girls sports) willing to meet with the public? Maybe a PN-GABC board member can see if weekly, bi-weekly, or 1x per month meetings can be held where each sport gets to send a coach or rep to the meetings for an update? Maybe the other coaches are not willing to break down film and have a Q&A session, but just a guest appearrance and update can be arranged? There is no denying that the meetings are a great place to see a coach breakdown film of a game and show you where our kids are doing something great. I would love to hear from a legend like Coach Comeaux ... how she goes about preparing the Rock-a-Noos for big games ... or from Coach Abel about the Tribe BB team, or the soccer and baseball/softball coaches. I hope the other coaches will do like Coach Faircloth and participate. Just an update at a meeting would be well received. The ABC is great way to hear about what's on the coach's mind, how the program is progressing, etc. And, the ABC raises money that is well spent on all of the programs. 1990Cherokee, can you propose this idea to the PN-GABC board members to see if there is any interest in this type of 1x per month meeting outside of football season? Thanks for posting on this message board and giving us a forum to discuss ideas with the PN-GABC. Good stuff. Good ideas. Good discussion for everyone to participate and exchange ideas.

Go Indians. Peace.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
to me that would be good to have a bi weekly or once a month meeting with the other sports. We do not want the other sports STARS so to speak to feel like their sports are not just as important as football. maybe have the outstanding player or player accomplishment go to the meetings with their coach and get recongize for their superb play or something to that effect

bark

1,000+ Posts
I would hope that other sports that receive ABC $ would meet and let the us know how they are using the dues etc... for their sport.

Brian

squaw

1,000+ Posts
OldEagle said:
Do we have an official PNG Indians flag design? I know it wouldn't be hard to design one.

BTW - Isn't it kind of scary that we have a city councilman that can be influenced by squaw.
[Just kidding squaw.]
OldEagle- at least he lets me think that! lol

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I'm hoping we can have meetings to discuss potential fundraising opportunities and throw around some ideas for membership drives. I know there is someone over fundraising, but do we have a committee or is it just one person? I've heard several great ideas to raise money and we have plenty of time to discuss and plan some things.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores