New year for the Booster Club

bark

1,000+ Posts
Does anyone know how much $ has been raised for the indoor facility? I am sure a Booster Club Board member reads this so would you inform us on this.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I wasn't able to make the meeting tonight. If anyone is willing to fill me in on the details I would be greatful! A pm would be fine if you don't want to post it here.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
FYI
On the PNGISD web site (Varsity Football section) it mentions that the next Booster Club meeting will be Nov 29 so I guess that means that there will not be a meeting tomorrow (Nov 22).

Indian03

100+ Posts
The website has been changed/updated and there WILL be a booster club meeting tonight at 6:30PM in the field house as usual.

19cherokee90

OldEagle said:
How does a PNGABC member get an account on pngabc.com? Or is there really any need to have an account? What can you do with an account that you can't do if you don't have an account?

I do the website for PNGABC.com. No need at the moment to have a login on the site. Plans were this year to have some social functions on the site between club members but thanks to a long running shutdown and long work hours pretty much the entire season I didnt have time to get it done. There is gonna be a big change next season on the booster club site and I promise it will turn into a valuable source for information and also have a couple of features that members only will be able to take advantage of. However, right now you can still join the booster club from the site and you can also contribute to the fund for the new complex.

19cherokee90

15PNG said:
Was just thinking about something......... I have no kids in the school district, but I went to PN-G and played for PN-G. I live remotely, but am a diehard fan. Are there any plans to have the booster club meetings streamed live by video or sound possibly for the remotes?

That is very doable and a great idea... we'll see if that could happen.

19cherokee90

Im asking if we could make the video stream thing happen. It would be behind username and password protection of course and members only would be able to have access to it and maybe even like a five minute question and answer thing via chat or email for out of town folks. I think that is a wonderful idea and might motivate some of the out of town supporters to join and have input. However, I just keep up with the club website with the little information im given and am not a board member or Coach Faircloth who could make these types of decision, but I have asked the question if we could make that possible. I'll keep ya'll posted. Again, I think thats a great idea....for what it's worth.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
We stream our quarterly corporate meetings and it has worked well. It does give everyone a chance to feel like they are included.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
19cherokee90 said:
15PNG said:
Was just thinking about something......... I have no kids in the school district, but I went to PN-G and played for PN-G. I live remotely, but am a diehard fan. Are there any plans to have the booster club meetings streamed live by video or sound possibly for the remotes?

That is very doable and a great idea... we'll see if that could happen.

The problem that I see with that is that, at times, coach talks about signals/strategies etc., for the upcoming game. To avail that information to anyone in the world would undermine what our coaches are working so hard to accomplish. Just don't see that happening.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Password protect the stream, change the password every week, and email it to members about an hour of so before the meeting. You can do this with a number of web based systems such as Justin TV, where all you need is an iPhone and you can broadcast live audio and video via the web. However, I do understand the concerns.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
To sound really paranoid, a well meaning fan COULD capture the streamed video, save it to file and then and distribute to friends. And that in turn could end up in the wrong hands.

Coaches are paranoid so chances are that concept might not fly. :)

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
And what's to stop another school from setting up a fake name and joining, in order to have legal access to the info. It would be $25 well spent!

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
If there are that many concerns then it is probably best to just forget it. It would have been a nice way for out of town ppl to participate but I guess the increase in the number if members is not worth it. Nothing would be 100% risk free if someone really determined, this goes for everything in life.

bandkid

Staff member
What if the cameras weren't turned on until after the coaches were done talking about the previous games and all of the plays? Only post video of the parts about fundraising and everything else.

I realize that the discussion about the games is probably the biggest part of the meeting, but something's better than nothing.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I'm not trying to be negative about it, but if I were a coach, there's NO WAY I would want my meetings put on the WORLD WIDE WEB!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores