Next Game: 5A Div II Semifinal, PN-G vs Liberty Hill Panthers, Friday Dec. 9, 7PM, Katy Legacy Stadium

bandkid

Staff member
But… it means more to the kids to win in front of a purple packed house than crickets
And no one does it better than PNG
Exactly. The players want the crowds there. Band, Indianettes and twirlers, too. Talk to any PN-G alum about what they remember most about PN-G, and they’ll tell you it’s the crowds. And the crowd has definitely been a factor the last two games.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Folks will need to come to grips with this not being the old days. I have not seen evidence of off the scale fan support in decades. But that’s a universal fact now with any school. There are too many option in life now. But if any team has a shot at packing a house, it’s PN-G.

bandkid

Staff member
Folks will need to come to grips with this not being the old days. I have not seen evidence of off the scale fan support in decades. But that’s a universal fact now with any school. There are too many option in life now. But if any team has a shot at packing a house, it’s PN-G.
Fan attendance is down across the board for football. Alabama doesn't sell out Bryant-Denny for every game like it used to. The fan turnout at NRG for Texans games is downright embarrassing.

The fact of the matter is, PN-G may not be bringing 25,000+ fans like it used to, but it's still bringing a lot more fans than all the other high schools. And that's something to be proud of.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes. There are too many other entertainment options INCLUDING watching it on TexanLive
But as for me I’ll be there every time I can

My clinic knows I take off at 3:30 - 4 to make the trip
Now they ask “it’s Friday aren’t you leaving soon?” Lol

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Fan attendance is down across the board for football. Alabama doesn't sell out Bryant-Denny for every game like it used to. The fan turnout at NRG for Texans games is downright embarrassing.

The fact of the matter is, PN-G may not be bringing 25,000+ fans like it used to, but it's still bringing a lot more fans than all the other high schools. And that's something to be proud of.
This late in the playoffs we would have double or triple what we have had the last few games if other teams were not intentionally squeezing us into small stadiums, a fact that tells you how they regard the potential impact of our fan base. No, it’s not like it used to be, and it may never be again. However, with continuing success in later stages of the playoffs I think we could come close to the crowds of the past. In that regard this year is more akin to 1974 than 1977. And we have one of the most loyal fan bases in the state, if not the entire country, in any case.

bandkid

Staff member
This late in the playoffs we would have double or triple what we have had the last few games if other teams were not intentionally squeezing us into small stadiums, a fact that tells you how they regard the potential impact of our fan base. No, it’s not like it used to be, and it may never be again. However, with continuing success in later stages of the playoffs I think we could come close to the crowds of the past. In that regard this year is more akin to 1974 than 1977. And we have one of the most loyal fan bases in the state, if not the entire country, in any case.
I completely agree with you on that last point. I don't want to count unhatched chickens, but if we can hold onto Coach Joseph and the incredible staff he's assembled, and if they can continue to work the wonders they've worked this season, this could be the start of a string of deep playoff runs akin to what PN-G experienced during the mid '70s. And maybe - just maybe - that means a return to fan turnout like the Indian Faithful of old.

snowbird

Lets not forget about the school board and Sup't. for doing there diligent home work on finding Coach Joseph, and also for the resources to reach out to Todd Dodge for assistance when needed. There were alot of laughs by others at this move. But we can laugh all the way Dallas!!!

90NDN

500+ Posts
The last big crowd I can remember was at the dome in '99 vs Stephenville ..we had to have close to half of our side filled .... I would say at least 25 to 30k. If we win this week, I would expect some to still make the trek to Jerry's despite the further distance to travel only because a) it's the ship and b) Jerry's house is top notch (way nicer than NRG). The negative would be gas prices and most likely have to stay at a hotel over night.

90NDN

500+ Posts
We have some believers :) but based on the fact that LH lost both of their top 2 rb's to what they said was broken collar bones on the same play? Both of the hosts of the stream today picked us ..not sure if that is good or bad haha.

Attachments

• Pic's for State Matchups.PNG
    Pic's for State Matchups.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
The key for the defense to stop the the slot T is to key on the pulling guards. That is where the ball is headed 99 percent of the time. Basically 7 on the line (5 dl, 2 ol) with 2 lb and a fs and ss.
The key will be to have the dl over the guards to impede/cut the guards from pulling and allowing the lb's to make the tackle.
Go watch LH vs Flour Bluff and watch the guards....despite all the fancy handoff moves, that is where the ball is headed. Go Indians

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores