PN-G Indians - 2023 5A-DII State Champions!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
A photographer posted pics of the game, and there were pics of those purple gloves blatantly holding.
I know there is holding on every play, but dang, at some point a ref should throw a flag on it to keep it at a minimum.

Now the ref with a business in Groves, I understand that raising an eyebrow. I doubt our coach even knew about it. I'm sure he trusted the system, just like their coach did. TASO should have caught that. Even though he really didn't impact the game, I would rather he had removed himself to avoid this sh$t storm we're in,
and after the SOC fans have posted his info online, I'm sure HE wishes he had also.

Like everything else that has been thrown at this community, it will all pass over. Be steady.
Yeah, he has a business in Groves, and lives in Pt Neches I believe so I do agree he should’ve removed himself from the equation cause imagine the problems if HE had been the one who threw the “controversial” flag…ugh!

Last edited:

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Yeah, he has a business in Groves, and lives in Pt Neches I believe so I do agree he should’ve removed himself from the equation cause imagine the problems if HE had been the one who threw the “controversial” flag…ugh!
I'm sure he's a very upstanding guy and didn't manipulate the game in anyway, but the visual just doesn't look good on us.

Is it just me or does this community always seem to be fighting for our lives?? Seems like we're always under attack. Good thing we play good defense..lol

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure he's a very upstanding guy and didn't manipulate the game in anyway, but the visual just doesn't look good on us.

Is it just me or does this community always seem to be fighting for our lives?? Seems like we're always under attack. Good thing we play good defense..lol
Yes. Through disaster, tragedy, storms, death, breathing chemicals every day, whatever came along, SE Texans are resilient people who persevere while striving for excellence. Even those of us who moved away long ago. It’s who we are. And we show up anywhere in the state to support our team.

A certain head coach once said playing a football game was much easier than dealing with everyday life. Last I checked that life view isn’t patented and owned by ‘South Dallas’. A tough SE Texas kid can thump with the best of them.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
There has been an official report filed with the UIL over this happening. Already filed.

According to an online article by WFAA in Dallas, as of about 2pm on Wednesday Dallas ISD told them SOC had not yet filed an official protest and the UIL told them it had not yet received any protest. The article also contained a somewhat dismissive response from the UIL regarding the matter in which the UIL (1) confirmed that prior to the PNG-SOC game “both coaches came to a mutual agreement on the specific crew to cover their game” and (2) as has been previously mentioned on this board, stated that per UIL rules a protest based on a “contest official’s decision will not be considered.”

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
We should start objecting to EVERY transfer they take in
That’s how it works
If other schools object to transfers they start looking at them.

15PNG

500+ Posts
I continue to be floored by this bunch. Entitled, victim, blaming everyone else - wants referees that understand inner city kids. What about open enrollment, shady tactics, etc?

And he’s posted a pic on twitter “X” of PNG getting the trophy with a countdown to the date of the next state championship.

Man, I hate to say this, but I hope they get knocked out early, even after they recruit the QB from red oak, and even if we don’t make it again. I can’t stand this stuff.

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
Please post if you learn any more about it.
I just ordered/purchased the 2022 game video ($20.00). It is the Bally Sports broadcast. 7.7GB MP4 file, so the video/audio quality is excellent.

Here's their comment about the 2023 game -

2023-2024 State Football videos are not available yet. As soon as the videos become available, they will be listed here.​

I have an account there now. So I'll be watching for the 2023 video and post it here when it's available.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I just deleted my comments about Coach Legend. No bulletin board material here for anyone to see.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Hate based coaching. I’m sure SoC was fully motivated and prepared to win a third title this season. 78 yard first half. 162 for the game. 17 points.
It’s really a shame because Coach Todd has done a lot for that program and those young men, but all that will be short lived if he continues to make excuses and focus on getting REVENGE!

bandkid

Staff member
I just ordered/purchased the 2022 game video ($20.00). It is the Bally Sports broadcast. 7.7GB MP4 file, so the video/audio quality is excellent.

Here's their comment about the 2023 game -

2023-2024 State Football videos are not available yet. As soon as the videos become available, they will be listed here.​

I have an account there now. So I'll be watching for the 2023 video and post it here when it's available.

It’s confirmed that the video the UIL is selling is the full Bally broadcast of the game? I emailed both Bally and the UIL customer service address about it. Bally only responded that they weren’t selling the broadcast. I haven’t received a response from the UIL yet.

If the UIL is selling the broadcast and it’s available for download now, I’ll buy it and take a note out of Lonestar JR’s book. Guess what will be on TV when all the cousins from LC-M and Orangefield show up for the family Christmas Eve celebration in Port Neches tonight. :cool:

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
It’s confirmed that the video the UIL is selling is the full Bally broadcast of the game? I emailed both Bally and the UIL customer service address about it. Bally only responded that they weren’t selling the broadcast. I haven’t received a response from the UIL yet.

If the UIL is selling the broadcast and it’s available for download now, I’ll buy it and take a note out of Lonestar JR’s book. Guess what will be on TV when all the cousins from LC-M and Orangefield show up for the family Christmas Eve celebration in Port Neches tonight. :cool:
Bally will be selling a digital download of the games…it’s just not available for purchase yet.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores