Snapshot day & district alignment rumors

Davidp43

100+ Posts
Snapshot day was Friday. With the #s turned in. Our district could look totally different. My guess our new district will be Nederland, Dayton, PNG, Splendora, New Caney West Fork, Montgomery, Lake Creek, Huntsville, possibly Brenham?

Davidp43

100+ Posts
With bidistrict Santa Fe, Texas City, FBM, Willowridge, Richmond Randle, Galena Park, Rosenberg Terry, Lamar Consolidated, Iowa Colony?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Too much travel. The good old days of primarily local schools playing each other is over.

90NDN

500+ Posts
What happened to FB schools? Why would they not be in our district again? Are there enough schools in their area now to field a district? I kept checking Dave Campbell's website, but never saw us or Nederland for the #' turned in...but I assume its similar to last season as well....not much change + or - regardless of which direction we go and still sitting in 5A d2.

bandkid

Staff member
The dividing lines between the 5A divisions last time was 1925 students. If that holds (I don’t see why it wouldn’t), we’re still safely 5ADII.

Does anyone know what Memorial turned in?

bandkid

Staff member
Nevermind, here they all are:

Never thought I'd see Nederland turn in lower numbers than Dayton. Also, it looks like Splendora's coming into our district.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If PNGiSD weren’t landlocked there would likely be a lot more premium housing being built and even higher enrollments.

bandkid

Staff member
Lumberton and Vidor are both right on the edge. If the cutoffs from last cycle hold, they'll come in 12 and 29 students, respectively, over the cutoff between 5A and 4A.

CORRECTION: I was looking at the 2020-22 cutoffs, not the 2022-24 cutoffs. Still, though, there are rumors that the upper limit for 4ADI may be lowered. Time will tell, I guess.

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing West Brook and United shrink while Lumberton, Vidor and PN-G all show growth is not a coincidence. People are fleeing Beaumont right now.
I would state an opinion of the reasons and policies that poorly run cities and ISDs are becoming more and more unpopular, but to quote ‘The Reverend’ William F. Gibbons, “I wouldn’t touch it with a ten foot pole.”

bandkid

Staff member
Seeing it posted elsewhere that FB Willowridge reported 1,270.5 students. That's below the 1,300 student cutoff between 4ADI and 5ADII from the last realignment. I'm skeptical they'll opt up.

With Splendora and Baytown Lee posting solid 5ADII numbers, it's hard for me to see how FB Marshall stays in our district.

Reactions: CS

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Seeing it posted elsewhere that FB Willowridge reported 1,270.5 students. That's below the 1,300 student cutoff between 4ADI and 5ADII from the last realignment. I'm skeptical they'll opt up.

With Splendora and Baytown Lee posting solid 5ADII numbers, it's hard for me to see how FB Marshall stays in our district.
It would be nice to be able to play Baytown teams again. Cut down on the travel.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores