Spring football

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Let's talk returning and new personnel. Chime in if this info needs to be corrected.

Offense returns 4+ starters. ‘Backups’ played significant time.
Adams - QB/RB/WR
Nguyen - RB
Christian - OL
Miguel - OL
Chatagnier - RB (limited starter)
Romero - OL (limited starter, 6-5 300 range)

Flores (OL)
Noah Washington - WR (6’3”)
London Nunley - WR (6’2”)

Defense returns 4 starters.
Hernandez - NT
S. Gardiner - LB
K. Droddy - DB
Richard - DB

The defense is also loaded with quality players that didn't start but played key minutes last season and looked great in rotation.

Cabrera - DL
Fuentes - DL
Talbert - LB
Wuenschell - LB
Uriostegui - LB
Sinette - LB

Poole (DB)

There are some good players moving up to varsity as well. QB is one of the bright spots. Spring ball will be their opportunity to shine.

Let's talk about it.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
I know you said returners, but Aaron Wolford a freshman just came across my feed. 6-4 260 OL 2026 look like he's gonna be useful.

90NDN

500+ Posts
In my opinion, unless there is someone who is more than capable at QB, Adams should be the QB. He's the best player on the field.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Havent heard if he is coming back, but Chase Johnson could be an very good RB or DB option.
I was hearing that C. Johnson is focused on baseball now. But he could change his mind even if that was a previous decision.

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
We have proven talent at every position except wide receiver. Replacing Prosperie and Guarnere is my biggest concern. Those 2 are the best receivers we've had since Preston Riggs. Do we have some promising receiver prospects coming up?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Solid o-line, talented qb and running backs on offense. Receiver will be the reload.

Defense seems stacked at linebacker and defensive back. Hernandez is a beast at nose tackle and just a junior next season.

Lot of quality returning to chase some championships again.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
We have proven talent at every position except wide receiver. Replacing Prosperie and Guarnere is my biggest concern. Those 2 are the best receivers we've had since Preston Riggs. Do we have some promising receiver prospects coming up?
Adams was an excellent receiver when he needed to be. Anything to get the ball in his hands will work.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
No doubt, work Conner in whenever possible, but Adams should be the guy.
That’s a good point. His added threat of running along with a very good arm could be THE difference maker in making that offense more consistent. A one dimensional QB will ultimately be a weakness.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I know you said returners, but Aaron Wolford a freshman just came across my feed. 6-4 260 OL 2026 look like he's gonna be useful.

What are the families in Port Neches and Groves eating? PN-G has had a nice run of several big kids on the OL and DL lately. Last season's OL was big and agile, and that's a rare combination in high school. If the Indians have another big and strong OL, look out. The coaching staff knows exactly what to do with a big OL and power run game...they used that formula to get within two TDs of a state championship. Put Adams behind another big OL and he will run for a lot of yards and Ws in 2023.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
I really believe that the defense is gonna pick up where it left off. Like IndianFan stated, there were alot of quality players on defense that didnt start but played for various reasons. I rewatched the playoffs games (multiple times) and they would sub in quite a bit. Looking forward to this season, especially with the coaching experience we now have.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I really believe that the defense is gonna pick up where it left off. Like IndianFan stated, there were alot of quality players on defense that didnt start but played for various reasons. I rewatched the playoffs games (multiple times) and they would sub in quite a bit. Looking forward to this season, especially with the coaching experience we now have.
It’s tough to replace someone like a Mason Droddy on defense who had the equivalent of a supercharged hemi for a heart and a similar 0-60 time. But there are a lot of good and dedicated players on the team with the potential to step up. And the coaches are there to bring out their potential.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Solid o-line, talented qb and running backs on offense. Receiver will be the reload.

Defense seems stacked at linebacker and defensive back. Hernandez is a beast at nose tackle and just a junior next season.

Lot of quality returning to chase some championships again.
PNG
Is WR HS in my opinion
Yes we’ve had some great QBs but they seem to reload every single year with high quality WRs

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores