Disturbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NONS81

Oldschool said:
So the Board plays no part in contracts at all? I may have to bust out my intro to teaching book but i feel like thats wrong. this is not a smart allecy comment i just remember reading that the board did play a part in contracting.

The Board approves or does not approve what is recommended by the Superintendent. He has a 3 yr contract.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
There are plenty of other football topics to jump in on. This one is talking football from a different, no less important angle. ;D

png94

100+ Posts
I just got the whole scoop on whats going on, how some of our board members are 2 faced,playing the good ole boy system because certain community leaders helped them get elected!! When someone gets relieved of their duties, they need to move on and get over it!!! If they really loved our school and program, they would be happy for the renewed success we are having instead of trying to run someone outa town!!! I do believe without a doubt that these names will come out soon to the community and these people will have to answer to all of us who are true Indian fans and care more about our kids and their success than worrying about getting home grown people in a certain job!! I've seen this done with Coach Malone and it is truely disturbing!! My kids are coming through the system now, and I WILL NOT tolerate,( nor will a whole lot more people) for our kids to have to settle for mediocracy over crap like this. My family and I bleed purple through and through, but don't think for a minute that people won't leave because of this BS. Coach Faircloth is a very intelligent coach and man, and if these people succeed in running him off, I along with others will not think twice about moving somewhere else for my kids to succeed. So you people that know you are doing wrong better get ready to step up and answer to your wrong doing!!!

akifan94

500+ Posts
If anything this discussion has opened eyes and maybe that can help with the behavior of some of our old guard around here no matter how ridiculous their actions are. From the PM's and phone calls I have gotten it is obvious they are seeing this and know the community is aware.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
png94 said:
I just got the whole scoop on whats going on, how some of our board members are 2 faced,playing the good ole boy system because certain community leaders helped them get elected!! When someone gets relieved of their duties, they need to move on and get over it!!! If they really loved our school and program, they would be happy for the renewed success we are having instead of trying to run someone outa town!!! I do believe without a doubt that these names will come out soon to the community and these people will have to answer to all of us who are true Indian fans and care more about our kids and their success than worrying about getting home grown people in a certain job!! I've seen this done with Coach Malone and it is truely disturbing!! My kids are coming through the system now, and I WILL NOT tolerate,( nor will a whole lot more people) for our kids to have to settle for mediocracy over crap like this. My family and I bleed purple through and through, but don't think for a minute that people won't leave because of this BS. Coach Faircloth is a very intelligent coach and man, and if these people succeed in running him off, I along with others will not think twice about moving somewhere else for my kids to succeed. So you people that know you are doing wrong better get ready to step up and answer to your wrong doing!!!

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! :clap: You pretty much hit it on the head. Hopefully these people will back off now and let Coach Faircloth do his job.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
IndianFan, check some of the IP's. I think we have a couple new old members trying to post as someone else.lol

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

90NDN

500+ Posts
Wow, I really hope this doesn't run Coach Faircloth off. He has single handedly turned this program around. I for one hope he's here for a very long time. It's pretty disturbing to hear what's going on bac home.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
png94 said:

Exactly what I was thinking! I have two kids, a daughter 16, who will be a Junior and is a NDNette, and my son is 6 and he is OBSSESSED with anything PN-G! I promise if something doesnt get done about this ASAP, then as soon as my daughter graduates I will be hitting the highway with my UHaul in tow! I was in HS when Malone left and I can tell you it was a sad place to be. If these people think this is funny, I'll be glad to let them know how horrible it is to lose a great coach to BS like this! Coach Faircloth can go anywhere...he CHOSE to come here!! Do you get that people....he had a CHOICE and we should be damn greatful he chose to apply for that job...we are MUCH better with him and his staff here. The love these kids and PN-G!! Please stop the bitching and whining and get behind these guys!! Or the next time you hear..."last one out turn out the lights!" It may be because everyone got tired of the "good 'ole boy politics" and hauled ass!!

Let's try to remember..............

[size=10pt]Who are WE??? PN-G !!!![/size]

15PNG

500+ Posts
I, for one, would like to know what I can do to help, or help stop this. How can I get involved to support the coach and stop this political bs? Any ideas?

lu cards

100+ Posts
id like to know what is specifically being done that would run faircloth off.ive been asking and cant get a definite answer.pm if needed.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Believe it or not I am going to speak rational.

I don't know whats going on with this subject because I am not involved with either side. I know Coach is a young aggressive person and he wants things now. But I can understand with the economy and budget short falls that at times it is going to take some time and planning to purchase products or hiring more coaches.
It is up to us as a community to help with the district as well as coach to ensure them where we stand for whats best for our kids and our community. This includes everyone that is on this board to join the boster clubs to help raise and donate money back to our school. We all MUST remember the financial strain our district is under thanks to Robin Hood.
BUT, if it is true that some are holding a personal agenda(attack) on our new coaches that is a whole other issue that diffently needs to be addressed ASAP. The replacing of our coaching staff was way over due for years. It is great to see the enthusiasm these coaches have brought back to our community!!!!!!!!!!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
If this is about getting stuff he wants approved and finding the $$ to do it and obviously there are board members holding things up cause of personal vendettas...I say take the power away from them! Booster Club get out there and hold more membership drives, fundraisers, whatever it takes....get him the $$ to make this program the best in the state! I dont know how all this stuff works but if its $$ he needs then we should make dang sure he gets it! Heck...if he needs workers to build the indoor facility and the board is dragging their feet approving a Contractor....again I say...take the power away from them and lets build it ourselves! This girl ain't afraid to get dirty for a good cause...lol. I don't know...I just hate this stuff! You know PNG has had this "good old boy" rep for years and I actually thought it had gotten better....guess not!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
If this is about getting stuff he wants approved and finding the $$ to do it and obviously there are board members holding things up cause of personal vendettas...I say take the power away from them! Booster Club get out there and hold more membership drives, fundraisers, whatever it takes....get him the $$ to make this program the best in the state! I dont know how all this stuff works but if its $$ he needs then we should make dang sure he gets it! Heck...if he needs workers to build the indoor facility and the board is dragging their feet approving a Contractor....again I say...take the power away from them and lets build it ourselves! This girl ain't afraid to get dirty for a good cause...lol. I don't know...I just hate this stuff! You know PNG has had this "good old boy" rep for years and I actually thought it had gotten better....guess not!

Agreed!!! I just don't know whats going on. Could someone PM and tell me whats going on.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
justafan...re-read png94's post. the first two or three sentences do an excellent job of summing up what is going on. I am sure that budget issues are found throughout the district and it is ok to agree to disagree, but that is not the crux of the problem. I do not know who png94 is, but he got the right "scoop".

lu cards

100+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
my understanding is faircloth has received everything he's asked for.the indoor facility isnt being constructed with district money.donations are needed to build it. the board approved the use of the land.can someone give an example of something that faircloth hasnt received that was asked for?im not saying there isnt a problem but i need something a liitle more concrete.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I am glad that so many fans are coming out in support of Coach Faircloth and his staff. I do not understand why this small group of people would have some kind of vendetta or agenda against the new coaches. Brandon Faircloth did not dismiss or reassign coach Burnett--the supt. and/or school board made that decision based on poor performance and results from coach Burnett and his staff. Coach Faircloth only applied for a job that was posted (as per PNGISD rules for job openings) and met the requirements for the job as it was listed. Coach Faircloth had nothing to do with reassigning coach Burnett--He only applied for a job that is considered to be one of the top jobs in Texas. He did not hire himself--the school board upon reccommendation by the supt. hired him( IMHO best thing to happen at PN-G in the last 25 years).So, why is this small group of people giving the coach and his staff so much trouble--they should be mad at the people that reccommended the coaching change--NOT the person who was just trying to get a great coaching job and improve things for his family, and at the school too.I guess if we follow this twisted logic, then any of the great and qualified candidates on the coaching list who got the job--would have been treated like cr*p too, so our little group of people could feel better about themselves. It doesn't make too much sense does it? One final thing: if Coach Faircloth did leave(and I do not think He will)--coach Burnett would not get his job back, then what would our unhappy and misguided little group do then! HMMM?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I'm not saying he hasn't gotten everything he wants...idk what's going on...I was just saying IF that's what it is then we need to join toogether and make sure it stops! With that being said I'd love to know the real story with names so I can make sure I don't vote for them for anything! Sorry...didn't mean to confuse anyone or start any rumors....I was just giving my opinion if that's what was happening.

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
Ill say it again....

If folks want to stand by this info (I think its being way overblown) and you're all outraged at whats supposidly happening behind the scenes here, throw out the names. Why protect something you feel so passionate about. This so called problem isnt going away if noone really knows who the problem is with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores