PN-G @ Fort Bend Marshall

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I think they should let Shea throw a jump pass right behind the lbs to keep the defense honest when they start loading the box. It's getting a little predictable when Cole comes out and Shea comes in. I get stopping that play is one thing, but a pass mixed in would back the lbs up for more running room or toss right behind them for 6
PN-G also puts in a ‘heavy package’ in that formation. Isaac Baker in the backfield and an extra 300+ pound lineman or two on the line. It’s tough to deny that mass of humanity from moving forward. And Shea is a deceivingly powerful runner. Great idea on the pass.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
Like a pass to te or slot or any wr could be an easy 6 behind lbs. Really confuse them with a wing t formation with Shea, Cole, and Tommy all in at once. Shea or Reed run as a direct snap. Or have Shea pass to Cole

100+ Posts
When the current Juniors were 8th and 9th grade, they went undefeated, and used the same QB draw play all season with Adams for short yardage and red zone/goal lines, and it never did get stopped for the entire season. Everyone knew what was coming, and it always worked. (Maybe 7th grade too, I forget.) The offense would get into that situation and the coaches would call the play simply by yelling "fire!" all the way across the field, every time. That's pretty much rubbing the competition's nose in it, when you announce the play and dare them to stop you.

100+ Posts
I'm hoping #18 gets more passes in his direction, it almost seemed he was used as a diversion against WOS. Now that Adams is making more of a name for himself, perhaps it will free up #18 and others.

Just looking at a few clips of FBM, they look similar to WOS to me, but with a little more "umpff".

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know if this game will be streaming on texanlive.com?
It depends on FB Marshall having a contract with TexanLive.

West Orange -Stark did not which is the reason that game wasn’t covered.

No contract with the home team, no permissions to come in and broadcast the game in that teams stadium.

Edit: I don’t see any past regular season games listed in the archive for Marshall. Only playoff games. Nor do they show up in the list of ‘TexanLive teams’. Not a good sign.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Not questioning pngfan316’s info. It’s just always a concern regarding what student or athlete information is meant to become public. Media read these posts as do others seeking info about the team.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I think they should let Shea throw a jump pass right behind the lbs to keep the defense honest when they start loading the box. It's getting a little predictable when Cole comes out and Shea comes in. I get stopping that play is one thing, but a pass mixed in would back the lbs up for more running room or toss right behind them for 6
With Adams, anything is possible. Run, catch, throw.

1990NDN

We are going to need to play defense consistent with the way we've played the last two games. I've put a lot of thought into it. I've had the luxury of watching this group of seniors play all the way through, and this type of defensive performance is more typical of the way they've always played so I'm inclined to think the stout defense is no fluke. Offensively , I think we can pound the ball as we have several backs that can be brought in that can and will get it done. We most definitely can't offensively turn the football over. Defensively, it would be nice to create a turnover or two. We've seemed to have the knack for creating fumbles. Our kick coverage has been really good and we have to continue to do that and limit big returns. There's a lil piss and vinegar in this team. Throw backs to some teams of old. I'm predicting PNG makes a huge statement Saturday and walks away with not only a victory, but a convincing victory at that. It's time to show this team is for real.

100+ Posts
The Indians looked good during practice on Tuesday when I watched. Coaches were vocal and so were the kids, and all of the running backs looked sharp. Everyone was involved, and I expect most of the bench will see playing time this Sat.. A couple (or maybe more) players that had been sidelined will be back and available also.
It should be a good game, but I still say that if PNG wants it, they will be able to take it to FBM like they did WOS.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores