PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Regional Round: PN-G vs Brenham

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I wonder if PN-G vs. Brenham will be part of a double or triple header with FBM v. Montgomery Lake Creek and another pair of HISD, Fort Bend, or Katy schools in the playoffs?

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
I wonder if PN-G vs. Brenham will be part of a double or triple header with FBM v. Montgomery Lake Creek and another pair of HISD, Fort Bend, or Katy schools in the playoffs?
Those all have locations already. Surely they aren't opening NRG for just little ole us. I wouldn't mind a double header with PAM, but they're going to Lufkin.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG has had a history of putting more fans in a stadium than just about any high school program around Houston. In 1999 we were putting more fans in the Astrodome seats than even Katy HS. The stadium owners might see enough profit in concessions and parking sales to make it worthwhile.

rodney12345678

100+ Posts
hope not i remember one time the game didnt start in the dome until about 1030 think it was suppose to start at 8 but the games ran behind

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

2022 Brenham Season Preview​

Coach: Danny Youngs. Lettermen R/L: 23/33. Starters returning O/D: 6/2. 2021: 7-4 bi-district finalist/6-1 district. Key losses: Eric Hemphill (Missouri State).

Players to watch: LB Ricky Brown (5-11, 220, 4.7), RB Trenton Gilbert (5-5, 165, 4.6), OL Logan Marshall (5-11, 275), QB Rylan Wooten (5-11, 165, 4.5), OL Eric Aschenbeck (6-3, 260), WR Ian Stelter (5-9, 165, 4.7). Top juniors: OL/DL Jae’ren Robinson (6-4, 270), ATH Juan Mata (6-0, 165, 4.7). Top sophomore: RB/LB Keith Crawford (5-11, 185, 4.7).

Other prospects: DT Quinten Graves, OL Kade Lasagna, WR Reid Robinson, WR Datavian Neal-Franklin, CB Savion Ragston, DB/LB Cade Moore, WR Brandon Ward.

2022 notes: New head coach Danny Youngs takes over a tradition-rich Brenham program that’s been good the past two seasons, but the Cubs have failed to advance out of the first round of the playoffs. In addition to having a new coach, the Cubs will play in a totally new district in 2022 as they move from Region IV to Region III. Brenham’s offense has some potential with the return of RB Gilbert (433 yards, 5 TDs rushing) and WR Ward (18-252, 5 TDs receiving), the big question mark will be at QB where Wooten is looking to secure the job after seeing limited action a year ago. Only two return on defense, so Cubs fans will see plenty of new faces. LB Brown (74 tackles, 5 sacks) is going to be counted on to be the defensive leader.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores