#3 PN-G vs #1 Montgomery Lake Creek

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Montgomery Lake Creek's RB looks good on max preps and hudl. PN-G has seen a similar back in Texas City's Caleb Bell. LC's QB is more concerning. Unlike Texas City's QB, LC's QB is much more accurate. The Indians need a big game from the secondary. I hope PN-G controls the ball and keeps LC's offense on the sidelines. LC has a lot to worry about from PN-G. The Indians pose some problems for them. I'm not sure LC has faced a team that can line up, push you around, and run like PN-G can do. Should be a great game.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes the QB big and will tuck it and run
(I predict the cartoon birds flying around his head early) (hard tackles from us)

The thing I’ve noticed seeing most other teams vs this year PNG - most other teams play on a “wish and a prayer” the QB drops back either finds a target or more likely “scrambles” in my book scramble is a synonym of panic. And sometimes good things happen
It is super stressful to watch
And either the QB makes a good thing of it or it’s a disaster
I like how our QBs are trained to either
_____ or get off the pot
As in if the 2nd and 3rd routes aren’t there throw it away don’t dance around in the pocket (there’s rarely anything good happen after 2am principal) but also running it down their throats for a couple of quarters helps dramatically- not depending on a super pass play to make up for incompletions on first and second down (holding penalties are virtually null and void on our run style)

Not sure if I’m describing that phenomenon well

LC seems prone to this but relies on the athletic QB to make things happen

I think we will have 5-10 sacks in this game
Mainly because of our discipline on D

The other thing I think PNG stands head and shoulders above most teams is these kids grew up in a football culture

The OL and DL on our team could probably play QB at other schools and regularly make a game of the “one hand catch” in warmup
They were the kids in the grassy areas playing the game where you throw the ball up and see who can catch it in a crowd of 7-10 lol. And the little ones regularly mix it up with big brother
This is what will set us apart I include LC as a team that looks like what I see in others just bigger guys
(They’ll be 6A before we know it)

Last edited:

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Yes the QB big and will tuck it and run
(I predict the cartoon birds flying around his head early) (hard tackles from us)

The thing I’ve noticed seeing most other teams vs this year PNG - most other teams play on a “wish and a prayer” the QB drops back either finds a target or more likely “scrambles” in my book scramble is a synonym of panic. And sometimes good things happen
It is super stressful to watch
And either the QB makes a good thing of it or it’s a disaster
I like how our QBs are trained to either
_____ or get off the pot
As in if the 2nd and 3rd routes aren’t there throw it away don’t dance around in the pocket (there’s rarely anything good happen after 2am principal) but also running it down their throats for a couple of quarters helps dramatically- not depending on a super pass play to make up for incompletions on first and second down (holding penalties are virtually null and void on our run style)

Not sure if I’m describing that phenomenon well

LC seems prone to this but relies on the athletic QB to make things happen

I think we will have 5-10 sacks in this game
Mainly because of our discipline on D

The other thing I think PNG stands head and shoulders above most teams is these kids grew up in a football culture

The OL and DL on our team could probably play QB at other schools and regularly make a game of the “one hand catch” in warmup
They were the kids in the grassy areas playing the game where you throw the ball up and see who can catch it in a crowd of 7-10 lol. And the little ones regularly mix it up with big brother
This is what will set us apart I include LC as a team that looks like what I see in others just bigger guys
(They’ll be 6A before we know it)
Coner can run the football like nobody's business'. I have actually been waitig to see him cut lose. I knew they would not run him while Shae was out. Make no mistake if they want Bailey to run a RPO he can fly. He is fast and knows how to run if the coaches see fit. I am no coach and make know claims to be. They ay very well have a good reason for not running him. I just know in the past he was a guy that could run as a QB very aggressively

Last edited:

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Coner can run the football like nobody's business'. I have actually been waitig to see him cut lose. I knew they would not run him while Shae was out. Make no mistake if they want Bailey to run a RPO he can fly. He is fast and knows how to run if the coaches see fit. I am no coach and make know claims to be. They ay very well have a good reason for not running him. I just know in the past he was a guy that could run as a QB very aggressively
We just haven’t needed it really

I’m sure he’s the complete package

Needs to train with #20 Droddy in the offseason he went from wiry to downright hulk this offseason (do whatever he did lol)

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
PN-G was putting in backups no later than mid-3rd quarter against Rouse and ahead 51-7. And still got 5 first downs on the last drive of the game while playing everyone.

Indians could have easily scored 72+ on Rouse with the offensive starters.

Jeff Joseph is building his team up for the future AND winning now. And those backups will practice with even more enthusiasm and camaraderie as they are actually playing in big games. The entire team benefits.

This is what happened during 74-77 and had a lot to do with our success during those years, along with the extra experience the kids got from playing so many extra games every year.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Montgomery Lake Creek's RB looks good on max preps and hudl. PN-G has seen a similar back in Texas City's Caleb Bell. LC's QB is more concerning. Unlike Texas City's QB, LC's QB is much more accurate. The Indians need a big game from the secondary. I hope PN-G controls the ball and keeps LC's offense on the sidelines. LC has a lot to worry about from PN-G. The Indians pose some problems for them. I'm not sure LC has faced a team that can line up, push you around, and run like PN-G can do. Should be a great game.

Rouse’s QB had some success against us until we started getting good pressure against him, after which he folded like a cheap tent. May also need to get some pressure on the LC QB to disrupt their passing game.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts

May be the week to open up this aspect of his game.

Lonestar JR

According to INDIANTIME, PNG is the designated 'HOME TEAM". Would someone educate me on the UIL rules for determining "HOME TEAM" for playoff games. I know the bi-district "HOME TEAMS" are the district winners. After that not sure?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
According to INDIANTIME, PNG is the designated 'HOME TEAM". Would someone educate me on the UIL rules for determining "HOME TEAM" for playoff games. I know the bi-district "HOME TEAMS" are the district winners. After that not sure?
Not exactly sure how it works but the coaches from each team usually work that out. Could be a coin flip or if one picks the stadium the other gets gets Home side…etc

NHSBulldogFan

So here's how this works All potential neutral and home sites (town and stadium) are designated prior to any coin toss. Neutral Sites are sites that are approximately mid-distance from the two schools involved or a site or sites the two schools involved agree to designate as a neutral site or sites.

Home Sites are those sites near the home school selected by the two schools involved OR the actual home playing field.

A stadium selected as the home site, other than the actual home field, should not be an unreasonable distance from the visiting school’s home stadium.

So the UIL gives this example...let's say a team from San Antonio and Dallas meet in the playoffs

Designate potential sites. San Antonio: Belton-neutral; Alamo Stadium-home. Dallas: Temple-neutral; Cotton Bowl-home.
Flip for type of site (either neutral or home and home). Heads for home and home.
 Tails for neutral. Comes up heads.
Flip to see who wins home. Dallas calls tails for home.
 San Antonio calls heads for home. Comes up tails.

Game is played at the Cotton Bowl as the Dallas home site.

Another factor this week was the lack of available stadiums to play at due to Thanksgiving holiday

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
And that’s done with all 4 teams in the prior game
So for instance us
Before we play Friday we would have already flipped both Richmond Randle and Huntsville prior to the game
(As I understand it)
Correct me if I’m wrong

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
And that’s done with all 4 teams in the prior game
So for instance us
Before we play Friday we would have already flipped both Richmond Randle and Huntsville prior to the game
(As I understand it)
Correct me if I’m wrong
Virtual flip? Or actual coins flipped by non-artificial humans? We always have to consider tech controlled voting and coin flipping trickery. Maybe it’s handled on a Zoom call. ;)

15PNG

500+ Posts
For whatever it’s worth, cal-preps has PNG picked to lose. We’re the underdog and have been the underdog before. Be the bully, set the tone, make whoever is across from you remember YOU individually every damn play. These are the moments you remember- kick their (***) every play. I believe, YOU should believe, because we’ve proven it for many years. If you make a mistake - blow it off - because YOU play for PNG, they don’t - make them remember YOU. Love my boys

Last edited:

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I know you can’t make accurate predictions based off prior seasons…but looking at LC record from last year, they blew everyone out and seemed DOMINANT right up until the 3rd round when FBM punched them in the mouth! This year…from that district, Randle and Huntsville both definitely improved but LC seems about the same, possibly not quite as good cause they struggled with some sub-par teams. So, rankings, “expert” predictions and “purple glasses” aside…I think PNG is overall the BETTER team!! I’m looking forward to history repeating itself, except it’ll be the PNG INDIANS punching them in the mouth THIS TIME!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores