GP vs PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealIndian1209

So just curious who had more fans, because i heard one of the reasons Gp and PNG got invited besides being a successful program is that they travel well.

Gp83

THE GREGORY PORTLAND WILDCATS
RealIndian1209 said:
So just curious who had more fans, because i heard one of the reasons Gp and PNG got invited besides being a successful program is that they travel well.

You won fans...GP won scoreboard, so that makes you undefeated in Fan support at 1-0 :clap:

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
G-P king said:
No class was shown after the game! Both teams were asked to stay on the field! During the game we were saying how tradition rich and pridefull PNG was but after the game many fans on the G-P side were saying wow to the fact they didn't stay on the field! :huh: I hope next year y'all will show some more class. Since G-P wins we get home field next year! :rocks:

Class....Sure thing queen you know all about class

G-P king

personally Ill take that score board! I really liked that game best game seen in a while! Both teams should be proud! It was the first game and the first time both teams played! See ya in a Year from now take care and Good luck!

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
gpwildcat said:
nissanindian said:
fair cloth stayed an accepted

Teams were to stay on field. PA announcer repeatedly asked PNG to stay on the field for the ceremony. Yes, I understand that the losing team does not really want to watch the winning team being congratulated. but as the old saying goes "to the victors go the spoils".

My understanding is that the "runner up" trophy presented to PNG was destroyed and left at the Alamodome. No class. Certainly not much Honor or Pride shown, and I hope not a new PNG Tradition.

GO CATS GO DOGS

And you know this for a fact? I find that really hard to believe. I don't think Coach Faircloth would condone that type of action, regardless of the outcome of a game.

bandkid

Staff member
gpwildcat said:
nissanindian said:

Teams were to stay on field. PA announcer repeatedly asked PNG to stay on the field for the ceremony. Yes, I understand that the losing team does not really want to watch the winning team being congratulated. but as the old saying goes "to the victors go the spoils".

My understanding is that the "runner up" trophy presented to PNG was destroyed and left at the Alamodome. No class. Certainly not much Honor or Pride shown, and I hope not a new PNG Tradition.

GO CATS GO DOGS

Your understanding is incorrect. I personally saw one of the coaches load the trophy onto a charter bus before leaving the Alamodome.

Congratulations on winning. It was a hard-fought game and the Wildcats won fair and square. Providing that I will be able to go, I look forward to next year's game.

Gp83

THE GREGORY PORTLAND WILDCATS
bandkid said:
gpwildcat said:
nissanindian said:

GO CATS GO DOGS

Your understanding is incorrect. I personally saw one of the coaches load the trophy onto a charter bus before leaving the Alamodome.

Congratulations on winning. It was a hard-fought game and the Wildcats won fair and square. Providing that I will be able to go, I look forward to next year's game.

Very nice band you have kid :band:

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
gpwildcat said:
nissanindian said:

GO CATS GO DOGS

I'll believe that when some disgruntled Ned fan that never left high school isn't the poster b

bandkid

Staff member
Gp83 said:
bandkid said:
gpwildcat said:
nissanindian said:

GO CATS GO DOGS

Very nice band you have kid :band:

Thank you. I was impressed with G-P's band myself. They looked very good for the first game. I have no doubt that they will see success again this year.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
Just got back from SA and I have to say WOW. This was a hard fought game and GP was deservedly the winner. I agree with a previous poster that stated this was a great season opener for both teams. PNG will not likely face a caliber of this team until post-season. Fishbeck, McArthur and Salinas are all very talented, big-play athletes that I am SURE we will hear good things about again. Congrats and good luck to the Wildcats this season. I wish we could meet again in the playoffs, but glad we dont have to line up weekly against a team this loaded!
As far as the team leaving while the announcers asked them to stay, please dont blame the kids and call it low class. These boys are a very respectful, well mannered lot of young men. Faircloth sent them in. He stayed and accepted a very nice plaque that says we got beat. Very nice gesture from Dave Cambell Texas Football, but If I were the coach, I'd have done the same.
I have to say that for an opening game, both bands and drill teams seemed to be in mid-season form. Enjoyable performances from all!
The last thing I have to say is that the GP Wildcats exposed and exploited our weaknesses. I am quite sure this will be adressed. I was very impressed with our O-line. I dont think I saw Doty sacked and seldom pressured. He had the time, but was forced to throw to well covered recievers. Wonderful game and experience for all of Indian Nation and The GP Wildcats.

gpwildcat

The Facts as I know them:

I was at the game. I personally heard the PA announcer ask the PNG team to stay on the field for the award presentation. The PNG team did not stay.

PNG fans outnumbered GP fans.

It was a hard fought game, could have gone either way.

GP won!

What I heard about but did not personally see or hear:

I did not personally see the "runner-up" trophy destroyed or left behind. I did hear that is was from a couple of different sources, one of which I absolutely believe. That is an easy one for you guys to prove. Just post a picture of it on line with a copy of Sundays paper!

There was a lot of trash talking from the PNG team, including some racial slurs.

In conclusion:

I am not a former NED student who never got out of high school. 3 of my kids did graduate from Nederland, and my youngest is proud to be a GP Wildcat. I am surprised that a PNG fan would "dog" another fan for cheering for and supporting their school(s)!

I am looking forward to next years game in the Houston area, and playing another great game against the Indians. Until then.....

GO DOGS! GO CATS!

P.S. I'll be watching for that picture!

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
gpwildcat said:

I was at the game. I personally heard the PA announcer ask the PNG team to stay on the field for the award presentation. The PNG team did not stay.

GP won!

I did not personally see the "runner-up" trophy destroyed or left behind. I did hear that is was from a couple of different sources, one of which I absolutely believe. That is an easy one for you guys to prove. Just post a picture of it on line with a copy of Sundays paper!

There was a lot of trash talking from the PNG team, including some racial slurs.

In conclusion:

I am not a former NED student who never got out of high school. 3 of my kids did graduate from Nederland, and my youngest is proud to be a GP Wildcat. I am surprised that a PNG fan would "dog" another fan for cheering for and supporting their school(s)!

I am looking forward to next years game in the Houston area, and playing another great game against the Indians. Until then.....

GO DOGS! GO CATS!

What??? Trash-talking on the field between teams? I would never expect such a thing! Dude, that trash-talking you are talking about goes both ways. Don't think for one second that your players kept their moutns shut. Whether there were racial slurs said on the field or not, I've got no clue. But I do know that there is a lot of stuff said on the field that you wouldn't say in front of your mom.

But if you want to talk about a team being classless for not staying on the field, take that conversation elsewhere. We don't want to hear your rants. Let the team that won the game enjoy the spotlight.

And finally, if you want to say how terrible it is to talk trash on the field, you might want to look in the mirror at your own team my friend. Remember one of those fumbles you lost? Well, one of your players was on top of our one of our players blatantly punching him. Yeah, real class right there.

Now, on your board I said some nice stuff about your guys. Don't come over here and attempt to degrade ours. Peace.

NDN79

500+ Posts
gpwildcat: How dare you come on OUR site and insinuate you heard OUR players were uttering racial slurs. That is a very serious allegation that should not be preceded by the words "I HEARD". This basically means that YOU REALLY DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING!! You are just trying to get something started. GET LOST!! We have total faith and confidence in the leadership of our team, and the way that they conduct themselves. As to your other baseless allegations of the runner-up trophy being destroyed, you obviously do not know Coach Faircloth or what kind of principles He stands for. GET LOST!! No one in Indian Nation will ever believe any of your false, baseless, moronic allegations.
NOTHING comes between the Indian fans and their team and coaches!!

nissanindian

100+ Posts
well said ndn79 gpwildcat whether we destroyed the plaque or didnt whether we stayed on the field or left its none of your bees wax and start talking to your next opponets cause for now you having braggin rights you bet png in the toughest game you ever played be happy now get off our site unless you got something nice to say

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
gpwildcat said:

GP won!

In conclusion:

GO DOGS! GO CATS!

You're tarnishing Gregory Portland's AND Nederland's image. :thumbsdown:

gpwildcat

IndianFan said:
You're facts are questionable at least. Sounds like a lot of far fetched hearsay.

which fact are you questioning?
PNG left the field after being asked by the annoncer to stay?
More PNG fans?
Hard fought game?
Final Score?

I stand by what I said as fact.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Gp83 said:
Boy this got ugly

83, it's ALWAYS going to "get ugly" when someone comes onto another teams board and gloats, and makes accusations and calls them classless. The same thing would happen on your board if one of us went to your site and did that.

So, why make such a big deal out of leaving the field? You can only be 100% sure that YOUR team would have stayed, only if they actually lost, which they didn't. So, until you're in someone's shoes...........

Good luck with the remainder of your season. Ya'll have an awesome team with some great skill players. Overall, IMO, a great, clean game by 2 very classy teams. Ended exactly how I thought it would, with the last team to have the ball being the victor.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
NDN79 said:
gpwildcat: How dare you come on OUR site and insinuate you heard OUR players were uttering racial slurs. That is a very serious allegation that should not be preceded by the words "I HEARD". This basically means that YOU REALLY DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING!! You are just trying to get something started. GET LOST!! We have total faith and confidence in the leadership of our team, and the way that they conduct themselves. As to your other baseless allegations of the runner-up trophy being destroyed, you obviously do not know Coach Faircloth or what kind of principles He stands for. GET LOST!! No one in Indian Nation will ever believe any of your false, baseless, moronic allegations.
NOTHING comes between the Indian fans and their team and coaches!!
AMEN to the NOTHING comes between the Indian fans and their team and coaches!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores