PN-G Traditions

NONS81

I have a suggestion on the bansai, bonzi, banzai ( however you spell it) thing. We should yell Geronimo instead of bansia, how does that sound?

N

NDNPARENT

NDNS81 said:
I have a suggestion on the bansai, bonzi, banzai ( however you spell it) thing. We should yell Geronimo instead of bansia, how does that sound?

i agree! keep it INDIANS not JAPANESE! lol

also if they bring it back they should have 3 of them. and the persons that are them should be non starters, kinda like the TEXAS A and M sixth man. i would put on on each end and the middle! since the other team are double and triple teaming then only one , so if that double team 3 of them that leaves 5 to try and tackle the kickoff runner lol

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
NDNS81 said:

Oh, I like that idea!! I was in high school during the Bonzai days and it was a ton of fun and really fired up the crowd. I do think yelling something different like "geronimo" would be good just so it doesn't seem like a copy cat thing. I also think they should pick a kid to be the "bonzai" man that maybe doesnt get alot of playing time but that may have a ton of energy and maybe even be a little bit nutty...LOL! Of course he would have to be tough because he's gonna get slammed on kick off!

Indian99

500+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
NDNS81 said:

also if they bring it back they should have 3 of them. and the persons that are them should be non starters, kinda like the TEXAS A and M sixth man. i would put on on each end and the middle! since the other team are double and triple teaming then only one , so if that double team 3 of them that leaves 5 to try and tackle the kickoff runner lol

'Ahem' that would be the Twelfth Man. 'Ahem'

N

NDNPARENT

Indian99 said:
NDNPARENT said:
NDNS81 said:

'Ahem' that would be the Twelfth Man. 'Ahem'

opps!!! lol.. knew that beer dust would mess it up lol

png811

If people think that having tradition means not having nice uniforms then they are wrong and stuck in the past, If you want kids to stay interested in the program you would think that you would want to get nice uniforms.We got a brand new stadium, thats great this is a huge boost in interest for the players and community, but keep in mind this is a new era. The mindset about tradition is great unless it keeps you from moving forward when all they other local programs are.This goes beyond the uniform subject.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
png811 said:
If people think that having tradition means not having nice uniforms then they are wrong and stuck in the past, If you want kids to stay interested in the program you would think that you would want to get nice uniforms.We got a brand new stadium, thats great this is a huge boost in interest for the players and community, but keep in mind this is a new era. The mindset about tradition is great unless it keeps you from moving forward when all they other local programs are.This goes beyond the uniform subject.
Maybe you don't understand the entire issue? It's about keeping our school colors purple and white--not purple and anything else! We not only want nice uniforms, we expect it! This has nothing whatsoever to do with age. Suggesting otherwise is ignorant.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
squaw said:
png811 said:
Maybe you don't understand the entire issue? It's about keeping our school colors purple and white--not purple and anything else! We not only want nice uniforms, we expect it! This has nothing whatsoever to do with age. Suggesting otherwise is ignorant.

Wow squaw, isn't everything anyone post here ignorant to you? Your about the most negative person I've ever read behind on a message board.
I agree we need to keep traditions but we also need some new ones also. We need to get out of the 70's and move into the 21st century as well. Those were great times in the 70's but we need to move forward and incorporate new traditions. Because some people can't get past the 70's this program has fallen behind 20 yrs or more.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Justafan, YOU are the one who is negative, not me! I've put more into this school district and community than you've even thought about. I have doubts you even graduated from PNG as you seem so unaware of any of the traditions and the hugh fan base we have brought to this program for 50 or more years. Why change school colors, school fight song, alma mater, etc., when they've been so successful all these years? Maybe you young whelps would like us older fans to quit supporting the Indians? Wonder what that might do to the fan base and program in general? We welcome our younger fans and have fun in the stands together. Maybe you just don't fit in....
This is my last post to you because I am tired of "talking to myself"

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Why all the fuss about the numbers on the uniforms possibly being outlined in black.

Didn't draw negative comments when the endzones on the new field were outlined in black. :-\

NONS81

Justafan said:
squaw said:
png811 said:

Wow squaw, isn't everything anyone post here ignorant to you? Your about the most negative person I've ever read behind on a message board.
I agree we need to keep traditions but we also need some new ones also. We need to get out of the 70's and move into the 21st century as well. Those were great times in the 70's but we need to move forward and incorporate new traditions. Because some people can't get past the 70's this program has fallen behind 20 yrs or more.

I think just the opposite Justafan. I think the 70's are a goal we need to try to re-achieve. Records were set back then and with fewer people living in PN and Groves. Our fans were at their best and so was our team. We have great kids and great coaches and there is no reason we can't break some more records in the future. Our traditions are the basis of that plan. I am not trying to speak for squaw, but I think the point she is trying to make is - add to the traditions, don't take away from the ones that are already in place, that is why they are called traditions.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
squaw said:
Justafan, YOU are the one who is negative, not me! I've put more into this school district and community than you've even thought about. I have doubts you even graduated from PNG as you seem so unaware of any of the traditions and the hugh fan base we have brought to this program for 50 or more years. Why change school colors, school fight song, alma mater, etc., when they've been so successful all these years? Maybe you young whelps would like us older fans to quit supporting the Indians? Wonder what that might do to the fan base and program in general? We welcome our younger fans and have fun in the stands together. Maybe you just don't fit in....

You are correct squaw, I didn't graduate from PNG but I have lived here for along time. I have became friends with many people here and have held my current season tickets for 25 yrs. My kids graduated from PNG and my grandkids attend PNG. I am not saying we need to change colors nor I have ever said that. What I did say is we cannot live in the 70's like you always try to do. You seem like your the only one who has ever graduated from here and everyone elses ideas are ignorant.
IndianFan has built a great site here and has invested alot of time and money for people to keep up with whats going on in the PNG community. I would just like for once for you to post something positive.
If I have to complain like you to fit it I guess I would be a lonely person because no one would want to to around me, just like no one wants to read your negative post.

NONS81

Justafan said:
squaw said:

You are correct squaw, I didn't graduate from PNG but I have lived here for along time. I have became friends with many people here and have held my current season tickets for 25 yrs. My kids graduated from PNG and my grandkids attend PNG. I am not saying we need to change colors nor I have ever said that. What I did say is we cannot live in the 70's like you always try to do. You seem like your the only one who has ever graduated from here and everyone elses ideas are ignorant.
IndianFan has built a great site here and has invested alot of time and money for people to keep up with whats going on in the PNG community. I would just like for once for you to post something positive.
If I have to complain like you to fit it I guess I would be a lonely person because no one would want to to around me, just like no one wants to read your negative post.

Are you maybe misreading squaw's post? I don't find them negative - but more informative with a twist of sarcasm. Sarcasm is used to point out the ridiculously obvious. Let's all try to get along, ok?

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
NDNS81 said:
Justafan said:
squaw said:

Are you maybe misreading squaw's post? I don't find them negative - but more informative with a twist of sarcasm. Sarcasm is used to point out the ridiculously obvious. Let's all try to get along, ok?

No its all her post!!! And her beliefs that if you didn't graduate from here you have no rights. Do I like everything that goes on here?? No I don't, but I am not going to sit and complain behind a keyboard and message board. If you don't like the things the city or school is doing be pro-active and attend meetings.

NONS81

Justafan said:
NDNS81 said:
Justafan said:
squaw said:

No its all her post!!! And her beliefs that if you didn't graduate from here you have no rights. Do I like everything that goes on here?? No I don't, but I am not going to sit and complain behind a keyboard and message board. If you don't like the things the city or school is doing be pro-active and attend meetings.

I was just making sure. I have attended meetings and you have to be placed on the agenda in order to be able to speak, so it very frustrating to attend and something come up and you can't say anything...You can ask to be placed on the agenda, but if a decision has already been made regarding the subject that you wish to speak about then it is a moot point. If you see something come out on the agenda that is posted on the website, then it is too late to be added to the agenda for that meeting and once again, if your topic was voted on at that meeting, then you can't discuss it at the next meeting - vicious circle -see why people get aggitated...this is just an observation and trust me when I say that I have tried to get on the agenda and it is not easy. I think maybe they are afraid of being blind sided by a question or maybe even feel like they might be verbally attacked and don't want that sort of thing happening at an open meeting where the press is always there. I really don't know what the reasoning is behind it becasue I can't get anyone to give me a straight answer about this. There is my scenario about the whole situation. This type of behavior from the board sparks concerns and rumors and to a point even dissatisfaction. Where do you go from there? Where or who do you turn to when you can't get anyone to answer your questions in a direct manner? So to answer your questions, yes I have been to meetings and yes I have asked questions to which I received zero answers and I feel that they think "if we ignore them they will just go away". I really, secretly hope that they are just too busy to get to me.

15PNG

500+ Posts
I like chocolate milk................ :whiteflag:

Man, are we a family or WHAT?! :duel: This all sounds like a bigger version of my house - ha - but the same people I'm hugging in the stands when the INDIANS are kicking arse!

Gumbeaux

My favorite post by Squaw are usually "her" second lines on....You dont know me?.....

We do know you....Its no big deal.....

Happy 2009.....And I do like the ideas of the kickoff team having a player or two selected for the year or the week to get people fired up.....Good idea...

N

NDNPARENT

i am all for changes with an exception, you do not get rid of the tradition that has always been there, you can add to the tradition. To me unless you went to PNG and lived through the tradition no one else will understand. Every school has it tradition that they continue to have. TJ had their traditional red hussar and when they were on the playoff runs in th 80's they added the ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST song that i hated but it was thier new tradition. Just like PNG in the 90's started the BONZAI tradition. When i went to high school the INDIAN sprit did not paint their whole face. but now it is , due to a new tradition! what is been said by squaw is that we have to to keep the foundation intact that started the tradition.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Here are some Bonzai photos that I stole from the DToV book:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I just noticed that the unis they are showing in the photos (zig zags on sleeves and pants). This is my favorite design.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores